Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you find yourself agreeing with regarding kids, football, and child pageants?
Keith 23 82.14%
Chemda 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree53Likes

Old 05-18-2017, 06:05 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
let's not pretend pageants are some bastion of progressiveness or feminism. it's largely a hot conservative mess.
That's a different discussion.

It's like the difference between critiquing makeup companies for being exploitative of misogynistic insecurities placed on women and calling​ women who wear makeup dumb because you heard a few sound bites for women with makeup on saying something dumb.
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

I am also a 25 year old chemist.

Some of my peers are graduating from their PhD programs this month if they hadn't already last year.

You do a considerable amount of research and internships​ while in school.

I only have a bachelor's and I have over 3 years of research and 4 years of industrial labwork.

And surprise, surprise I have time for all my hobbies too.

It's crazy what you can do when you aren't trying to discredit a woman's accomplishments because of one moment of her life.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Do pageant winners do double talk to try to confuse a situation in person like they do on TV?

You read all the words I wrote. You knew what I was typing. You're not going to address, for example, that we all know full well that her saying she's a scientist is offensive to actual scientists, but you'll ignore that and go to You're a chemist?

Now let's get to you, since obviously you took all of this as though I were calling you stupid.

What big beauty pageants have you won, Chemist?
Old 05-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
That's a different discussion.

It's like the difference between critiquing makeup companies for being exploitative of misogynistic insecurities placed on women and calling​ women who wear makeup dumb because you heard a few sound bites for women with makeup on saying something dumb.

it's not that it's just dumb shit; it's weird calculated tip-toeing. i could call into question the desire of someone who professes to be a modern, nay, /scientific/ person to compete in a system that penalizes overt leftist political leanings to a degree that the effort it takes to make something reasonable palatable to the panel requires it to sound insane. any of them bitches publicly pro-choice? i bet they didn't take the crown.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Do pageant winners do double talk to try to confuse a situation in person like they do on TV?

You read all the words I wrote. You knew what I was typing. You're not going to address, for example, that we all know full well that her saying she's a scientist is offensive to actual scientists, but you'll ignore that and go to You're a chemist?

Now let's get to you, since obviously you took all of this as though I were calling you stupid.

How is her being a scientist insulting? Because she isn't "woke"?

I have sad news, most scientists are old white men and are far from woke.

Most would have given far worse answers than her.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
it's not that it's just dumb shit; it's weird calculated tip-toeing. i could call into question the desire of someone who professes to be a modern, nay, /scientific/ person to compete in a system that penalizes overt leftist political leanings to a degree that the effort it takes to make something reasonable palatable to the panel requires it to sound insane. any of them bitches publicly pro-choice? i bet they didn't take the crown.
Why they gotta be bitches tho?

Last year's winner was pretty left leaning about her views on women in military service.

But I get what you are saying about having to say middle of the road answers. They have to be careful not to offend both progressive and conservative judges and audiences. It's a careful game.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Well I can't believe I judged her answers that won her the crown. Or was it her taped tits and Vaselined teeth that got the higher points? A little of both, she's so versatile.

I guess the tits won the day over her flubs, and quite frankly, don't we ALL flub sometimes?

I know I'll be eating my words when she sits down one on one with Neil DeGrasse Tyson for an interview. She can also explain how she just earned being a black belt.
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I haven't been in one since I was 8. But it ain't because I'm above them or don't have the time.

It just wasn't my thing. Kinda like what Chemda was saying about letting your kid try a thing to see if they like it.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Why they gotta be bitches tho?

Last year's winner was pretty left leaning about her views on women in military service.

But I get what you are saying about having to say middle of the road answers. They have to be careful not to offend both progressive and conservative judges and audiences. It's a careful game.

oh, honey, 'cause some of 'em are, bless their hearts.

i can respect a good game played if that's what's happening, but i doubt these high minded scientific women are sharpening their lady manipulation skrillz. it's the false sincerity in their own bullshit i can't stomach. "equalist," pfffft.
Keith likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
How is her being a scientist insulting? Because she isn't "woke"?

I have sad news, most scientists are old white men and are far from woke.

Most would have given far worse answers than her.
Goofball, her flub was that she said the complete opposite of what she felt about healthcare during one answer?

That's not what I'm saying. (And i like to think you knew that.) I'm saying her flub is that none of those words in her answers go together to form sentences.

She's a moron.