Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2648: Wonder Women (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2648-wonder-women-20552/)

Michael's Servant 06-08-2017 08:00 PM

2648: Wonder Women

with Mike Lawrence – Vicodin and sleeping pills; the Cannabis World Congress and Business Expo; naked comedy shows; sexual harassment and the comedy community; Mike on Wonder Woman; Mike on Kathy Griffin and Bill Maher; Chemda’s parents are in town

Guest:
Mike Lawrence
http://static-1.keithandthegirl.net/...EL-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Keith 06-08-2017 11:52 PM

I'm doing it on Monday.

Sparrow 06-09-2017 10:40 AM

woah woah woah. artistic expression is covered by the constitution /precisely/ to protect our ability to criticize the establishment. what Kathy did is not only legal it's first on the list. let's not give especially Donald Trump the idea that criticism is threat. jesus christ. did it unsettle wittle babies? tough fucking nuggies. that. is. the point. fuck off with handing out muzzles lest we hurt the brand and giving a lunatic even an inch to threaten our voice.

it wasn't that fucking shocking anyway.

Vladdy 06-09-2017 12:09 PM

The N word

Everytime i hear you guys discuss someone dropping the N bomb i always think back to when i first started listening to the show. For the longest time i thought Chemda was black she said it so much. Not to mention do you remember what the month of February was known as?

flerchin 06-09-2017 01:44 PM

You're right! BANATS month was probably more acceptable before Trump and blatant racists in government.

I will send you a month of VIP, or $15, if you find me an example of Chemda saying the N-word. I really think you're misremembering. Now, I will not make that same bet for Keith.

Keith 06-09-2017 03:27 PM

I won't do the work for Vladdy,... Vladdy... but I'll
pay for that month happily.

The Girl 06-09-2017 05:16 PM

No need. I said it. I said a lot of things that I don't say anymore. I learned a lot. It was shitty. And I'm sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith 06-09-2017 06:01 PM

I do not accept her not-apology. I have an in, and I will still give you that free month AND I will play it on the show.

flerchin 06-09-2017 09:42 PM

Oh FFS. The Girl. Being too honest since well before 2005.

FingerLakes 06-10-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 860887)
I'm doing it on Monday.

thank Christ I checked the forums today
gotta go buy some lube

also
no don't pick up the call unless it's live on air/Keith is the only one talking to her

Archimedes_Screw 06-11-2017 01:43 PM

Just got back from heritage camp with my daughters. It was an African/African American themed adoption camp. I've used the n-word in my youth and when I look back I hardly recognize myself from then. People can change and learn. Now I'm super sensitive to the word and when it's uttered near my daughters I really have to tamp down the rage.

Archimedes_Screw 06-11-2017 01:47 PM

This show means a lot to me. I appreciate the humor and the fearlessness in which the topics are discussed. I agree with Kieth. The word shouldn't be bleeped out. It should be quoted fully so that the audience is jarred into paying attention.

Bucho 06-11-2017 07:50 PM

I love Mike Lawrence so much.

Mermaid 06-15-2017 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 860910)
This show means a lot to me. I appreciate the humor and the fearlessness in which the topics are discussed. I agree with Kieth. The word shouldn't be bleeped out. It should be quoted fully so that the audience is jarred into paying attention.

That's cute and nice in theory. But it ignores the fact that some of us aren't white. We don't need a reminder or an extra shot of trauma in our day. I appreciate the bleeping out.

Archimedes_Screw 06-15-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid (Post 861008)
That's cute and nice in theory. But it ignores the fact that some of us aren't white. We don't need a reminder or an extra shot of trauma in our day. I appreciate the bleeping out.

That is a perspective that I didn't consider. Thanks!