Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2649: Squaring Off (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2649-squaring-off-20554/)

Keith 06-11-2017 11:13 PM

2649: Squaring Off

with Maria Wojciechowski – Keith’s sick day; Schtick or Treat; Paula Poundstone controversies; high school sweethearts; Chemda witnesses a street fight; Chemda’s emails with her mother; Andrea’s and Maria’s relationships with their mothers; Bipolar Disorder; Celebrity lookalikes

Guest:
Maria Wojciechowski
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...AW-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Keith 06-12-2017 08:05 AM

Aces, everybody! And I did not disagree with anything I said.

flerchin 06-12-2017 01:32 PM

It's not entirely clear what happened with Paul Poundstone.

She eventually pleaded guilty to driving while drunk to take the kids for ice cream, and got 5 years probation. She got her adopted kids back, but was not allowed to foster any more.

Quote:

At the time the records were sealed, the prosecutors dropped three counts of lewd acts upon a child. In exchange, Ms. Poundstone pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of inflicting injury upon a child. Ms. Satriano said last week that the charge involved ''inappropriate touching'' of one of Ms. Poundstone's children, a 12-year-old girl. Ms. Satriano said the details of the case were sealed to protect the child.

Lanfear 06-12-2017 06:10 PM

The Wonder Woman actress is called Gal Gadot and she is indeed from Israel, did the 2 year military service - I'd imagine that helped with being a super cool fighter on screen.

Sparrow 06-12-2017 10:25 PM

this is the first time in almost 10 years i turned a show off part way through b/c i got mad.

to have this group of women downplay the abuse and grooming of a 14 year molestation victim was gross. he did not "find love young." call it was it was.

AND that the guest asked someone to just "not bring up" the whole Paula fucking her /foster child/ thing. are you kidding me?! just sweep that shit under the rug for everyone's comfort? c'mon.

male sexual assault is just as serious as female sexual assault. jesus christ.

Keith 06-12-2017 10:51 PM

See what happens when I'm not there?

Tsk tsk.

The Girl 06-13-2017 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 860923)
this is the first time in almost 10 years i turned a show off part way through b/c i got mad.

to have this group of women downplay the abuse and grooming of a 14 year molestation victim was gross. he did not "find love young." call it was it was.

AND that the guest asked someone to just "not bring up" the whole Paula fucking her /foster child/ thing. are you kidding me?! just sweep that shit under the rug for everyone's comfort? c'mon.

male sexual assault is just as serious as female sexual assault. jesus christ.

I did not mean to downplay any assault. I saw your feedback after the show. I had been thinking about it since. And you're right, i probably wouldn't have made some of those jokes if we were talking about a girl. And that does mean that I have more thinking to do before I react to something like this again.

As for Maria not asking for it to be mentioned, she asked to not be introduced on stage as a child molester. She was hired to play Paula Pounstone and didn't want it to be brought up in her intro so that she had a chance to do the job better. I'm not clear on why that wasn't ok?

The rest of the episode is pretty great (I think) but who knows. I absolutely will say dumb shit again. It sucks. But I know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparrow 06-13-2017 09:16 AM

i'm 100% gonna finish it. i just needed to stomp for a minute.

why use Paula at all beside a dearth of female comics? i don't like seeing scarcity excuse predatory behavior.

Apia, you are dead wrong. the state entrusted her with the care of a troubled child, a child removed from a situation in their own home that was unhealthy or dangerous. a foster child is never an appropriate sexual target. period. /especially/ from a caregiver.

kevinquinn 06-13-2017 02:43 PM

Extra points! And my understanding was that she didn't know about the alleged sexual abuse until she did research for the show, by which time she was committed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 860942)

why use Paula at all beside a dearth of female comics? i don't like seeing scarcity excuse predatory behavior.

flerchin 06-13-2017 04:30 PM

Reading between the lines they stretched the charges and charged her with lewd touching for a spanking. They dropped those in exchange for a no contest to misdemeanor injury.

They gave her kids back, so it sounds not so serious.

Not sure if y'all are just interested in debating the actual facts or the hypothetical brought up in the show (which is completely divorced from reality)