Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Whose side are you on with the onion story?
The customer 11 52.38%
The business 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree29Likes

Old 06-23-2017, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

Gotta protect your noodle.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

Do Polish people look different than German people?

Or are these comments made after a conversation?

They are bold.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:55 AM   #13 (permalink)

That seems to be a common thing.

When I travel people go out of their way to say shitty things about Americans.

Even Americans do it. People from big coastal cities are very condescending towards the Midwest and the South.

We are dumb/slow/dress poorly/lack diversity/stuck/etc.

New Yorkers are the literal worst when they move down here. They never shut up about being from New York and how xyz is different therefore better there.

You would think, with them being so accepting and progressive and all, that they would understand that some people like living in small towns.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Finding a polish or Russian wife is popular among less attractive German men who think a German woman is too complicated.
Here is a description of what they look for from a dating site (there are so many in German in this tone) for them.

Mail order brides from Poland are known to be some of the most gorgeous that the world has to offer. From their distinct features to their charming personalities, Polish brides can offer you something that most women cannot. The perfect Polish bride looks and acts like a real woman. She definitely knows how to beguile when she puts on makeup and flaunts the nicest outfits before leaving home. And you will be nurtured by a Polish woman and proud to have her by your side. Rose Brides has the best Polish mail order brides that the country has to offer. If you want to spice up your life, get a move on now by getting to know one of our Polish brides. She will help you put the fun back into your life. No one should live a life alone, and with one of our Polish brides you will never be lonely again. You will have that special person by your side forever.
Are Polish women less well-off than German women?

I've heard similar things from men in the states in regards to Asian women and in the black community Brazilian and Dominican women.

But the stereotypes come from rampant poverty in those countries causing sexual exploitation of these women. They will appeal to an American man's every whim in an effort to get money or a green card.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
You know we have lots of refugees here, many from Eritrea or so.
I wanted to help, as I do, and called the lady who coordinates it.
" I would love to help a woman from Africa and empower her and show her how to live her own live here!" I said. ( I hear how this sounds)
The lady: " sorry , we have no women here now. They are still miserable in their countries waiting or dying. Mostly only the men came"

Me: " ok, I guess I take care of a guy then."

That was my first try in interracial feminism.

But I had helped two women from Ethiopia since. They are here, but not so many.
I probably wasn't supposed to laugh but I did.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Phenomenon

Who else gets excited when Keith says the word "magic"?
Old 06-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalugosi View Post
Does anyone remember a TV show that had a storyline about the scam that Keith discussed on this episode? I'm so annoyed that I can't remember it but it was an older show because there was a bank of payphones. And it was a nun doing the scamming.

It was an episode of the Golden Girls. I think it was Sophia and I can't remember which of the other ladies.
bellalugosi likes this.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

It's a pigeon drop scam old as dirt, how are people still falling for this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigeon_drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalugosi View Post
Does anyone remember a TV show that had a storyline about the scam that Keith discussed on this episode? I'm so annoyed that I can't remember it but it was an older show because there was a bank of payphones. And it was a nun doing the scamming.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Born in NYC living in Memphis now, slow yes dumb ehh there's dummies all over this land (we elected a reality TV start). The NY thing starts the other way for me and is rarely because I bring it up.

them -you must not be from 'round here with that accent

me- I tell them I'm from NYC.

them- Oh so it's different down here right what do you miss

me- Good pizza, Bagels a functioning public transportation system, ignorance to the fact that otherwise reasonable people fly the confederate flag in 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
That seems to be a common thing.

When I travel people go out of their way to say shitty things about Americans.

Even Americans do it. People from big coastal cities are very condescending towards the Midwest and the South.

We are dumb/slow/dress poorly/lack diversity/stuck/etc.

New Yorkers are the literal worst when they move down here. They never shut up about being from New York and how xyz is different therefore better there.

You would think, with them being so accepting and progressive and all, that they would understand that some people like living in small towns.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

i've always considered myself more of a destination than a traveller and as my region is largely tourist economy driven, i see lots of peoples' first interactions with South.

i understand the stereotypes of my people are painfully true and not at all an exaggeration. i think it keeps my fuse from lighting when people talk shit. i get it. still, rarely do i encounter anyone not "from here" speaking about the mountain with anything less than breathless love. there's a lot here from the land to the people that's gorgeous and if you spend time here, it will surprise you and stitch itself into your heartsoul. /plus/ it helps that you can be remote. you don't /have/ to interact with locals if you don't want to. and we do our best to not have to interact with visitors.

the 'come heres' vs the 'been heres' is just a culture thing. so long as you don't come down here feeling above it all, it's kind of amazing and we all get along fine.
Bucho likes this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.