Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2659: Back to Reality (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2659-back-reality-20572/)

Sparrow 06-26-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 861281)
Can we have a KATG award " WORST GUEST"?

we used to have worst guest. would not mind resurrecting that shame trophy.

i was out the minute she said things were getting "too serious" and went back to talking Bachelor and Bachelorette. who cares??!?!?!?

Furious Stylz 06-26-2017 12:40 PM

the overbearing character

Listening to her was like listening to the unholy love child of Bette Midler and Donald Trump. She's so on edge and defensive, but won't stop talking to actually listen and learn about the show she is on.

In my opinion, Mehran Khagani has this same style. He is fast, and talks over, and it feels pushy, EXCEPT he's actually funny, and there's a sweetness and respect in his delivery, even when he's insulting you. He can steam roll a conversation, but I've also heard him be very open and vulnerable. I think she needs to rethink her character.

Michelle Collins... (sound of keith ripping his notes)

thirteen 06-26-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 861279)
I voted no but I'm not sure I understand the poll. Why would I give her a rose? Just any rose or is this a special one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 861280)
To keep her in the game? Like see her again?

It's a Bachelor reference: "The bachelor typically presents a rose to the woman who makes the best impression during the group date."

I enjoyed the show and how uncomfortable it was, but obviously Michelle wasn't a great guest or person, even. I should go back and re-listen to What's Up, A?

punk'n 06-26-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 861286)
we used to have worst guest. would not mind resurrecting that shame trophy.

i was out the minute she said things were getting "too serious" and went back to talking Bachelor and Bachelorette. who cares??!?!?!?

K&C are the worst audience for her if all she wants to talk about is reality TV. When she kept striking out when asking if they like the Bachelor, etc and then they had this exchange:

M: "OK, what do you guys watch?"
K: "Silicon Valley"

I LOL'd.

Enunciated Piffle 06-26-2017 12:56 PM

Poll

I voted no to a rose. But I'd happily make it a dozen if accompanied by a Worst Guest Katguh :D

Hera 06-26-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw (Post 861285)
Maybe she was just nervous? I have even more respect of Keith and Chemda now.

Yes in all fairness, I think she was nervous. Talking fast, and maybe wary of a much less buttoned-up atmosphere than is allowed on network tv.

AstoriaGirl 06-26-2017 01:06 PM

I was uncomfortable at how defensive she was about the Bachelor. As someone who has a standing bet on this season, I'm super uncomfortable by both Bachelor in Paradise, and the Bachelorette this season.

Rachel, the first Bachelorette who is a black woman, is clearly being forced by producers to keep Lee, an extremely racist shit stirrer, on the show. It's disgusting, and I would have been interested in hearing her talk about/defend this aspect of the show.

Keith 06-26-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hera (Post 861291)
Yes in all fairness, I think she was nervous. Talking fast, and maybe wary of a much less buttoned-up atmosphere than is allowed on network tv.

That's cute. I don't think so...

AstoriaGirl 06-26-2017 01:18 PM

Just got to the Handmaid's tale part...

Edited again to say, I'm at loss for words. How could anyone ever find the rape scenes on that show hot? I genuinely don't get it.

Sparrow 06-26-2017 01:23 PM

anybody notice how often she sighed?