Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2662: Looking for Love (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2662-looking-love-20578/)

Michael's Servant 06-28-2017 08:00 PM

2662: Looking for Love

with Tom Brink – Sobriety, relapsing, and suicide; miscommunication; Chemda’s landlord’s catcalls; showing your mom the neighborhood; Timehop; Ron Howard directs Han Solo; Transformers: The Last Knight reviewed; Uber adds tipping

Guest:
Tom Brink
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...MB-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

ToriWI 06-29-2017 10:16 AM

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN

I'm so excited that you mentioned my comment! I texted my boyfriend as it was happening. You guys totally made my day! I also want to slip in that Chemda has such an amazing laugh!😁

Keith 06-29-2017 12:25 PM

I agree, but also keep in mind that we found a great studio spot.

snowflake 06-29-2017 03:46 PM

really appreciated Tom's reflections on his personal life, really relatable (for me anyway) and he was funny! yay

Keith 06-29-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowflake (Post 861496)
really appreciated Tom's reflections on his personal life, really relatable (for me anyway) and he was funny! yay

Tom was great! And we came at it right out of the gate and I just met him. He was aces.

FingerLakes 07-01-2017 12:03 PM

re:chemda's mom on broadway

I had a friend come from the west coast. I tried to thin of cool places to take him, had amazing ramen at an authentic ramen place that gave so much food, had plans for going to the cloisters an high line and a bar that has video games and drag queens. We couldn't connect on his second day cuz he was late leaving his Air BnB and all he did was walk through times square and followed 7th ave down.

Out of towners just want the bullshit they see on TV and here about in movies.

-----------

Keith I'm so glad to hear you hate all the transformers movies. They are the kind of bad summer flick that we don't need, kinda like BvS. It's possible to like over the top crazy movies tha focus on explosions but come the fuck on, there's a limit! You either have to a HORRIBLE actor so its funny, or a good actor. You can't just be fucking boring. The script has to be nuuuts, like being about the mechanic, it can't just be dumb

WittyReference 07-06-2017 12:38 AM

Australia's leading science communicator, Dr Karl, talked about the traffic thing not long ago and surprise surprise, it's not the government causing traffic jams on highways, it's humans overcompensating for what's in front of them. Someone see's something that makes them brake a bit, say an animal near the road or whatever. That person slows from 100km/ h to 90 just in case. The person behind them sees them slowing down, overcompensates for safety and slows to 85. The person behind them does the same and slows to 80. This ripples on from car to car until the people at the back are barely moving and going why has everyone stopped?

So I guess the real solution is to ignore when other people use their brakes on the highway...

(I know I've used a lot of them but did I need the commas either side of Dr Karl?)

Keith 07-06-2017 12:45 AM

THEY MADE YOU GUESS AT THE SOLUTION?!

littlp 07-07-2017 09:56 PM

Regarding Uber adding tipping-

I was an Uber and Lyft driver for about a year part time in Indianapolis. There is a lot that passengers don't know.

1. Drivers do a quick half hour "training" online while waiting for the basic background check to go through. No one met me from Uber-I just got the email that I could go live whenever I wanted. Lyft actually had a fellow driver come out with me for about a half hour to look at my car and take a quick ride around for him to evaluate me. I passed no problem.

2. Uber and Lyft control the prices. Drivers have 0 say on the price. That safety charge you get on each ride is not a part of the drivers takeaway. Plus they take 20-25% of each ride.

3. Uber/Lyft expects drivers to always have a 5 star rating. If we get below 4.7, we are at risk for being deactivated. This is why you see so many Uber's/Lyft with the extra waters, candies, chargers etc.

4. Despite what Uber/Lyft says-they give very little shits about the drivers. They will sign up as many drivers as possible, flood the market. Their only focus is on the riders and making sure they can get picked up faster than a cab. If they have to keep flooding the market with new drivers and reducing rates, then they'll do it.

5. Other than the 75-80% cut that the drivers get from each ride, Uber/Lyft does not compensation drivers for anything. There is not an easy way to get ahold of someone if something goes wrong. And if a customer complains, 99.99% of the time they automatically side with the passenger and refund the trip without ever asking the driver for their side of things.

That's why tipping is so important. Uber lied when it said the tip was included in the fare. Their compensation to their drivers was usually less than what Lyft paid.

Tl;dr ridesharing apps treat drivers like shit because their sole focus is on the passenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WittyReference 07-21-2017 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 861704)
THEY MADE YOU GUESS AT THE SOLUTION?!

I always blame people driving too close to the car in front of them.