Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Keith follow Dante’s advice?
Yes 21 33.33%
No 42 66.67%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree274Likes

Old 07-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #111 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Keith mentioned Tony Soprano when talking to RAe. We idolize criminals. Power. Getting ahead. Breaking rules. But we nevermind the damage.

I think of Dante the same way. That strong male ...stuff... there's some positive in there. But it's ultimately selfish/ one-sided.

I did like Chemda vs Dante logic tho. Great pod.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:38 PM   #112 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I removed the bit about who's worse than whom. It was distracting and not for me to judge.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #113 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Well, it's not fair to delete: "Seriously, fuck this guy. Worse than Jackie Martling, worse than Pat Dixon; this guy is actively working to promote misogyny and (exceptionally hostile) patriarchy," but then my statement is not only up but then you keep your defending it comment up: "He explicitly tells you that he treats Chemda differently. He explicitly tells you that he preys on women."

Behave.

You said Dante's words are worse than Jackie grabbing Chemda's ass and Pat sexually grabbing multiple women that we know. Now, decide if you agreed with it.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:36 PM   #114 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Gonna let this go. I don't care who's worse than whom, and I don't think you disagree with the other things I'm saying.

Not sure what you'd like me to do here.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:38 PM   #115 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You don't get to go back and delete comments when there was a back and forth, that's all.

Cheers.
The Girl and Sparrow like this.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
Gonna let this go. I don't care who's worse than whom, and I don't think you disagree with the other things I'm saying.
I agree that all these dudes suck, but they suck for different reasons. Dante is particularly dangerous because he's got a large platform and is an entertaining podcast host/guest. His misogyny is camouflaged by his engaging personality, but when you listen to him and think critically about what he's saying it's obvious he's just repackaging standard pickup artist/MRA/redpill advice and talking points. He normalizes and spreads a toxic culture that enables assholes like Pat Dixon and Jackie Martling to sexually harass and assault women with relative impunity (aside from being called out by KATG! ).
flerchin likes this.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:04 PM   #117 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgftw View Post
I agree that all these dudes suck, but they suck for different reasons. Dante is particularly dangerous because he's got a large platform and is an entertaining podcast host/guest. His misogyny is camouflaged by his engaging personality, but when you listen to him and think critically about what he's saying it's obvious he's just repackaging standard pickup artist/MRA/redpill advice and talking points. He normalizes and spreads a toxic culture that enables assholes like Pat Dixon and Jackie Martling to sexually harass and assault women with relative impunity (aside from being called out by KATG! ).

Yes, lets agree that they're ALL AWFUL!

Lets not forget that the red pill has this bullshit thing where women supposedly love being sexually harassed if you're 'alpha' enough, and women will pretend to resist sexual advances as to not appear 'slutty' (it's called LMR- Last Minute Resistance, look it up). So I think that doing is worse than saying, for sure, but all their types of awful are connected.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #118 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I just did his show and hung out after.

He regrets his Proud Boys tattoo and realizes they're racist angry people that feel owed.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:57 AM   #119 (permalink)

Read the wiki on proud boys. This movement needs to die. The west is the best? Dante is their pope? They could all use an ass beating.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:25 AM   #120 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I just did his show and hung out after.

He regrets his Proud Boys tattoo and realizes they're racist angry people that feel owed.
This is good news. One positive thing at a time. But I gotta ask.

Any indication that giant bone is coming out or..?