Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Keith follow Dante’s advice?
Yes 21 33.33%
No 42 66.67%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree274Likes

Old 07-02-2017, 07:03 PM   #61 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Removing the doors and towels is not a solution and will absolutely make things worse. However, I do think towels on the floor and open cupboard doors is a bit of a "fuck you" to Keith. He's said it bugs him and it's obvious he's frustrated by it. End of story. It only takes a second to close a door. If you don't have time to close it, don't open it.

My wife and I had been married 12 years when she mentioned in passing that she didn't like having the lid up on the toilet. I asked for clarification because I've never left the seat up. She said, "No, not the seat. The lid." Huh. I never thought about it. But once I knew she preferred to have it closed, I always close it. And if guests leave it up, I'll close it if I see it before she does.

It's a simple thing which takes 2 seconds. That's what you do for your partner.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #62 (permalink)

The Last Unicorn has never been so relevant.

The Girl and memecherry like this.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:16 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscean View Post
Removing the doors and towels is not a solution and will absolutely make things worse. However, I do think towels on the floor and open cupboard doors is a bit of a "fuck you" to Keith. He's said it bugs him and it's obvious he's frustrated by it. End of story. It only takes a second to close a door. If you don't have time to close it, don't open it.

My wife and I had been married 12 years when she mentioned in passing that she didn't like having the lid up on the toilet. I asked for clarification because I've never left the seat up. She said, "No, not the seat. The lid." Huh. I never thought about it. But once I knew she preferred to have it closed, I always close it. And if guests leave it up, I'll close it if I see it before she does.

It's a simple thing which takes 2 seconds. That's what you do for your partner.
I completely agree with this.

Even if you sometimes still forget to close the lid. The fact that you actually make an effort in trying probably makes your wife love you even more than before.

I know when I notice that someone has went out of their way to be considerate of me I get the warm fuzzies.
memecherry and Scorpion like this.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:17 PM   #64 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

My wife also leaves cupboard doors and drawers open in the kitchen ALL the time. Some times it's 3 or 4 cupboards and draws at a time. It is infuriating. I normally pretend I walked into one and hurt myself ... kind of a pussy move really, but what can you do? I might just take them all off!

When my eldest daughter was about 6 she was into slamming her bedroom door when she got told off (I was a single dad at the time). One day I removed the door when she was at school. She couldn't work out what had changed in her room, until she went to bed! She still talks about it today as being a cool dad move - she's 26, and doesn't slam doors.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #65 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieking View Post
we are just starting counseling now, we have had one session already and its on my list to bring it up there.
Top of list I hope. Unless there is violence then get out regardless.
jamieking likes this.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #66 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Not suggesting that a Dante action is appropriate.

But if your husband trips and hurts himself more than a bruise (OK maybe this was to dramatic, "cracks his head open"), will you stop 100% of the time? I feel the need to ask, what does it take for you to be more diligent about a bad habit that might hurt someone? How does having your bag on the floor in the hall serve you that you still do it? It sounds like you just don't take it that seriously.
I used to leave the bedroom door open when my wife was taking a nap. If the door is open my son will go in there and wake her up but if the door is not open he usually will come to me. My leaving the door open was not thoughtful but I don't think it was disrespectful either. No one could get hurt by tripping or bashing their head on a cabinet door. She mentioned it so I don't leave the door open now when she is taking a nap and I try to keep our son downstairs so she doesn't get disturbed.

I'd say create a new habit, find a real place for your bag and put it their all the time. Maybe put in a hook you can hang it on but make a true effort.

Last edited by Scorpion; 07-03-2017 at 11:21 AM. Reason: No trying to incite.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:55 AM   #67 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Not suggesting that a Dante action is appropriate.

But if your husband trips and cracks his head open, will you stop 100% of the time? I feel the need to ask, what does it take for you to be more diligent about a bad habit that might hurt someone? How does having your bag on the floor in the hall serve you that you still do it? It sounds like you just don't take it that seriously.
I used to leave the bedroom door open when my wife was taking a nap. If the door is open my son will go in there and wake her up but if the door is not open he usually will come to me. My leaving the door open was not thoughtful but I don't think it was disrespectful either. No one could get hurt by tripping or bashing their head on a cabinet door. She mentioned it so I don't leave the door open now when she is taking a nap and I try to keep our son downstairs so she doesn't get disturbed.

I'd say create a new habit, find a real place for your bag and put it their all the time. Maybe put in a hook you can hang it on but make a true effort.
i had an answer typed up. but fuck you for implying im going to murder my husband.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
i also cant help buy cast shade at his physical appearance vs the physical appearance he expects from women (i listened to a couple episodes of his show).
I've heard this many times. This appearance thing is a red herring.
Different people like different things, it doesn't need to reflect what you look like.
If he likes Barbie like women he doesn't have to look like a Ken.
This discounts the fact that a woman who looks like Barbie might like something else. A lot of couples don't look alike and are happy with what the other one looks like.

I've dated vegetarians but have never been one. I like their thoughts on the subject but never felt compelled.
Mermaid likes this.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
i had an answer typed up. but fuck you for implying im going to murder my husband.
you can crack your head and live. Murder is intent to kill. I never mentioned you did it with intent to kill, I don't know why you would think that.
Mermaid likes this.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:33 AM   #70 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

to answer your question, im not particularly worried about him tripping on my bag and cracking his head open. between multiple small animals that love running under feet as you walk in and the fact that its a tiny new york walkup with no storage space for anything, id say we've both learned to look where we're fucking walking, especially as we enter.

but if you want to come rearrange my apartment so that everything has its place, and you dont have to worry about us tripping, be my guest.