Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2672: Unlaughable (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2672-unlaughable-20604/)

Andrea_Allan 07-16-2017 07:30 PM

2672: Unlaughable

River by Bishop Briggs; Chemda’s bike update; My Name Is Keith w/ Casey James Salengo; testosterone shots and shitting in cups; females’ laughter; the female Doctor Who; Dane Cook; hugging cops; Keith’s family visit; movie reviews: War for the Planet of the Apes, Spider-Man: Homecoming, The Beguiled, The Big Sick, All Eyez On Me, Baby Driver, and The House; Keith’s stolen wallet

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Archimedes_Screw 07-17-2017 06:36 AM

Sometimes I miss my hometown in rural Oklahoma then I remember that my daughters wouldn't be welcomed there.

ToriWI 07-17-2017 10:04 AM

Spider-Man was so good! Also, in Batman v Superman they had the scene where Wonder Woman finds Lex Luther's clips of the other justice leaguers, like Flash and the burly guy from Game of Thrones as Aquaman, so I'm pretty sure we'll be hearing about those soon!

Todd 07-17-2017 12:25 PM

In case it makes Chemda respect him more, the Flash can travel through time with his super-speed... and his... Cosmic Treadmill. Yep.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qim...c3630b530a9b-c

Todd 07-17-2017 12:30 PM

Keith: maybe ask your dad if he thinks he can trick God by sneaking you into heaven through a side door. "I know he *says* he's an atheist, Lord, but would a true atheist say all those rosaries?"

Also, in case you read this on air: Goddamn Jesus H. tap-dancing Christ Holy Spirit's asshole.

Lanfear 07-17-2017 02:06 PM

The Flash is gonna be in the Justice League movie later this year. What I find most weird about that is that there is a decently successful Flash TV series running for a few seasons already but they didn't use that actor. That's kinda rude, right?

Jameira 07-17-2017 02:40 PM

Felt like old times

Not sure what it was about this episode but it felt like old times. Trying to figure out why but maybe because it was just Keet and Chemda (no guest),or Keet's stories about his family and/or just stories of Keets and Chemdas daily adventures but I loved it. I felt some nostalgia. :)

Mermaid 07-17-2017 02:53 PM

This episode felt very homey and comfortable.

Enunciated Piffle 07-17-2017 06:35 PM

Run Me Like A River

I hear Keith. You 'discover' this great song. Find it on YouTube. Turns out the things been out for three years!

As a ravenous music fan, I've just had to make peace with the fact there's SO much music out there. It's impossible to hear all the good stuff. But you try.

FingerLakes 07-19-2017 10:34 AM

I have a lot of things to say on this ep

please bear with all my comments
HAHAHA My ID is also expired and has been for 2 years. Oh us!

I am so happy that a poll that Chemda suggested was finally used on an episode! Superman is usually just a bit slower than the Flash, if you ignore the running through time bits, plus he's invulnerable! If you love the running through time part too much to let it go, remember you get Time Wraiths that follow you around through time and try to erase you from existence or you create alternate time lines where Wonder Woman kills kids and Bruce Wayne's mom becomes the Joker.

Keith, sounds like you had an awesome home visit! Was there a time when you weren't as accepting of your shitty relationship with your pops? When you tried to make him get you? Was there any particular event that brought you to your current understanding or was it just time and distance from him?
I ask cuz I too have a shit dad and for years and years thought I accepted his absentee shittiness and that it no longer affected me. This summer I got a new supervisor who I was butting heads with to the point the store manager told us to chill the hell out. A few weeks of angry soul searching later I realized I had transposed my anger at my dad to this manager and was having a ton teenage angst I was never able to work out. It was quite a shock.

FingerLakes 07-19-2017 10:34 AM

on a brighter note please see this movie

I look forward to your review on it

Keith 07-19-2017 11:48 AM

Chemda said you can fly. She didn't say you'd be as fast as the Flash and invulnerable. My goodness...

On a less serious note, when it comes to my dad I guess it was just time and distance. When he gets to be too much I don't talk to him, and then he slowly learns what too much is.

flerchin 07-19-2017 01:45 PM

Chemda's laugh brightens my life on the daily. I'm really glad you got that chain fixed. Losing you to a stupid bike accident after we just got you back from the fucking tumor. I can't even.

Keith, if you ever do attend mass again with your folks, I think you'll be surprised. They changed up some of the call-response things that I didn't realize I internalized so hard until I happened to be back in a church.

Losing your wallet is the worst. Ironically, you're going to have to replace that movie card.

Keith 07-19-2017 01:50 PM

I'll be so surprised. I'm guessing they're into gays now, and they don't dress like weirdos from Star Wars as they put food in your mouth that is your creator.

flerchin 07-19-2017 02:30 PM

They definitely still do that. Things like the creed have changed. Not a lot, just enough that my deeply ingrained responses don't line up with what everyone is doing all the time. Don't get me wrong, it's not enough reason to actually go, but I'll be interested to see if you notice if you ever happen to end up attending a mass again.

flerchin 07-19-2017 02:31 PM

I can't decide if they dress more like Star Wars or Star Trek. It's pretty "goofy" either way.

craigdw 07-23-2017 06:16 AM

I see other people already wrote what I was going to say: This episode felt like old times. Not that there's anything wrong with new times. The show is ALWAYS fantastic. But there's something I love about when it's just the two of you. You sound relaxed and comfortable. It's like you don't have the added stress of keeping a guest interesting. The chemistry is still charming and very funny after all these years. This is the core of what we all love about the show. You're a great comedy duo. I loved this episode very much.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk