Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2687: The King and I (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2687-king-i-20635/)

Keith 08-06-2017 09:14 PM

2687: The King and I

Robots’ secret language; The Dark Tower and Dunkirk reviewed; Stephen King’s rape and pedophilia plotlines; The Emoji Movie; The Karate Kid TV series with Ralph Macchio; Game of Thrones season 7; Trump’s transgender military ban; 110 out of 111 NFL players have CTE; KATG Polls; New York Daily News reports on accused rapist and UCB improv comic Aaron Glaser

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Lanfear 08-07-2017 04:06 AM

I read It as a young teen and I conveniently forgot/ignored that kid fucking scene. It's terrible in hindsight but I either didn't get what it really was or immediately blocked it from my brain.

g001dfinger 08-07-2017 06:27 AM

The Stephen King segment should be called, Keith impersonates Andy Rooney.

Keith 08-07-2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g001dfinger (Post 862453)
The Stephen King segment should be called, Keith impersonates Andy Rooney.

"Keith's an old fuddy duddy. Sorry, Keith, but in books kids get raped and they fuck each other for no discernible reason. Yes, even by the most famous author of all time. And no, these graphic scenes won't be put in movies because it's too weird and disgusting. Get with it, old man."

Todd 08-07-2017 07:27 AM

I think if Stephen King isn't a full-blown sociopath, he has to have some amount of sociopathic tendencies. I can see him defending himself: "What? Horror fiction is supposed to make you uncomfortable. Murder is taboo; I write about murder to make you uncomfortable, but I would never commit murder. Weird sex is taboo; why can't I write about weird sex to make you uncomfortable?"

So, sociopath. And yes, definitely: watch list.

g001dfinger 08-07-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd (Post 862455)
So, sociopath. And yes, definitely: watch list.

Coming from the guy who's avatar is Archie Bunker.

Todd 08-07-2017 10:40 AM

Archie Bunker was a bigot, not a sociopath. Please get it right.

Jmsmittyroad 08-07-2017 03:09 PM

I read It in jr high and saw the tv adaptation and the kid fucking apearantly didn't stick because I didn't remember it either. King has written about weird, violent, and screwed up stuff since the seventies. If he was a weirdo in practice, then I think we would have heard so thing by now. I think he is just a weirdo in theory.

Enunciated Piffle 08-07-2017 04:04 PM

No amount of popcorn, Reese's Pieces, nor booze will make The Emoji Movie watchable.

You gotta go with your instincts. I applaud Keith for following his and totally avoiding this inevitable stink-a-roosky #poopstinkemoji

Enunciated Piffle 08-07-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 862451)
I gave up on GOT after season 1.

1) How do you say SHAME in german?

2) What about how totally amazing S7 is???

3) Did Little Finger give Bran that knife, to give to Aria, KNOWING she's going to assassinate Cerci with it?!

I got 5 VenMo dollars says that's how it goes down.