Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you agree with more regarding cigarettes, sugar, and knowledge?
Keith 16 44.44%
Chemda 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree216Likes

Old 08-20-2017, 08:28 AM   #81 (permalink)

People know that it is not socially acceptable to be racist.

So they use coded language.

The most obvious ones being:
"Thug"
"Immigrants"
"Welfare queen"

But most times they are not that obvious. It's something you know when you hear it if you are a minority. You feel it in your chest.

It's almost impossible for me to even be in a casual conversation with Republicans without an inference of race.( By casual I mean like over lunch or something, not even a political conversation.)

It's shitty because if you say something, now you are calling them racist and the worst thing ever is to be called racist... Not the fact that they are saying/doing racist things.

Now you are the angry, unreasonable, stereotyping black person who just cant get over the past.

Massachusetts has an extremely strained racial history so it might as well have been in the South. I've heard Boston called the most racist city in America by black scholars.

[[The concept of "coded language" is extensively researched with lots of proof of its use in government campaigns to foster the white vote.]]
The Girl and memecherry like this.

Last edited by Mermaid; 08-20-2017 at 08:33 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligula View Post
I know that as long as I didn't talk down to them and was interested in their problems they were up for it.
my god, the emotional labor you have to put in with white conservatives to protect their precious feelings while trying to explain basic bitch shit like 'racism still exists' and 'not knowing that thing you did was racist doesn't make it not racist' only after which you acknowledge the entirety of /their/ struggle first.
memecherry, Lanfear, Apia and 1 others like this.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:33 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
my god, the emotional labor you have to put in with white conservatives to protect their precious feelings while trying to explain basic bitch shit like 'racism still exists' and 'not knowing that thing you did was racist doesn't make it not racist' only after which you acknowledge the entirety of /their/ struggle first.

Plus the fact that being real with them and using the correct most accurate words with them is seen as "talking down" or an "attack".

It's not a game I'm willing to play nor do I think the ones who play it are noble.

We are long past the "we need to have a conversation on race" phase. The ones who wanted to listen did. Time to move to the next tactic.
memecherry and Sparrow like this.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #84 (permalink)

The funny thing is, if the white factory workers paid more attention to their minority counterparts they'd be able to tell their own futures.

The layoffs and shutdowns always affect the minority workers long before the white ones.

And by "long before" I mean decades.

They ignored the smoke because it wasn't coming from their house. Now they are mad the fire spread.
memecherry likes this.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:42 PM   #85 (permalink)

They could "take back" some of those jobs that were "stolen".

$13 million in crops rot in fields after immigrants leave

Seems like the "hard working Americans" didn't really want those jobs...
The Girl and memecherry like this.

Last edited by Mermaid; 08-20-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:48 AM   #86 (permalink)

I've worked at two factories but I didn't do typical factory work. I worked in the lab so my soul was only partially sucked out of me.

The first factory was great and hired people with records. They don't get paid much but it's steady work.

The second one was with a much bigger worldwide company. Before I left, they had laid off half of the people and the half that were left were slowly leaving cause they saw the writing on the wall. But I think this has more to do with a recent merger than anything else. Factory was for infrastructure materials.
memecherry and Scorpion like this.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:18 PM   #87 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Lack of response from the president?
Lack of response from a person that actually supports them?

He took them off the terror watch list when he was put in office...

He wants the KKK & the white supremacists to be able to move around without impunity. Keeps his base strong & happy... He's also a racist fuck who put out an entire page ad asking for black children (who were innocent) to be given the death penalty.

Donald Trump and the Central Park Five | The New Yorker
Scorpion likes this.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:29 PM   #88 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

post-war South/America threw up monuments instead of taking responsibility or devowing anything. there was no real pressure present to snuff out what was happening (pssst…'cause the whole country was also racist). unchecked went the roots and the heels into it for the last full century and a half. hell, internationally they love our flag. the Nazis were /inspired/ by how we did our shit and that shit is still a'poppin'.

i'd say the time of baying "not me, not me" is pretty well over. yes, us.
A bit of visual info of WHEN these statues went up... wasn't just "post war" it was during very specific periods of civil liberties unrest.
Attached Images
File Type: gif blog_confederate_monuments4.gif (40.5 KB, 4 views)
Scorpion, Sparrow and kaligula like this.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
You all have now the opportunity to show that you are better than the German people were. They claimed not to know anything and most of them did nothing to prevent a Nazi regime.
Don't do the same.
The folks showing up strong as members of the Resistance are working very hard at this... I am one of them...

A lot of the rallies that were planned by the alt right have supposedly been cancelled due to the amount of counter protests in Boston last weekend.

Only thing is, internet still exists, they can still commiserate & meet in private.

The biggest thing we need to do is get the white supremacists out of the White House...
Apia likes this.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #90 (permalink)

Am I willing get over the hate I have in my heart for racists who would rather blame immigrants for their problems than the actual people who cause the problem(corporations) ?

No.

The plight of the white man is not a new one. It's literally the same narrative over and over again. It's been repeated so many times that you can find writings about it from the reconstruction Era and beyond that perfectly fit today.

Nothing changes but the ethnicity of the immigrants.

Irish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Freed Slaves, Mexicans, etc.

The corporations paying lower wages to these groups has always been the real reason for their troubles.

But they don't complain to the corporations. Heck, they want less regulations for them.

They take their anger to the "others".

Fuck them honestly.

Anymore questions?