Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you agree with more regarding cigarettes, sugar, and knowledge?
Keith 16 44.44%
Chemda 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree216Likes

Old 08-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2692: Who Watches the Watchmen?

The Charlottesville, Virginia protests; Marshawn Lynch sits during National Anthem; Detroit, Annabelle: Creation, and Kidnap reviewed; 18-year-old Instagrams 14-year-old dying sister; Chemda’s tumor anniversary; food for thought

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

This website is awesome on a desktop! I can see so much more! Excellent show.
memecherry likes this.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

history doesn't exist in Trump's America.

and no. people would rather stay silent on Nazis than to agree with someone of the opposite political color. b/c our narrative is whatever they're against i am intrinsically for and vice versa. even Nazis. …even Nazis.
memecherry and Scorpion like this.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

There are plenty of Nazis in Germany still - they look a little less obvious because showing their symbols is illegal and there isn't any machine gun carrying but they are alive and kicking and almost more scary because they are harder to spot.

And we have a general election coming up in a few weeks so we are gonna see exactly how many protest voters will climb out of their hidey holes.

The party to worry about here is the right wing AFD which is the blue bar - I'd really like that to fall below the 5% cut-off which might be possible because they started the year at 15% but much can happen still in the next weeks.
sonntagsfrage.png
The Girl and Scorpion like this.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

re: The Studio

The first draft of my post talked about how heartwarming it was to hear the concern and caring in Chemda's voice, and about the vulnerability in Keith's voice and how you could hear the trust Keith was placing in Chemda, and how Chemda was providing a soft place for Keith to land, and then my post just got even more touchy-feely from there, so I... fixed it...

Hoo-boy.
The Girl, flerchin and Apia like this.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
But Nazis are really bad!
I live in the country of original the Nazis and know it for sure.
And I thought being against Nazis was the most important thing for Americans.
So many American soldiers died fighting Nazis and now those guys are in love with hitler and swastikas ?
How can this be? Don't they have grandfathers or something?
Remember the US didn't want to enter the either WWI or II.
During the first two years of World War II, the United States had maintained formal neutrality as made official in the Quarantine Speech by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1937, so America didn't enter the war until after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor in 1941. If not for the attack on Pearl Harbor it's questionable if or when the US would have done anything. America likes to paint itself the fighter of fascism but that certainly didn't motivate the country to enter the war. It was used after the fact to motivate the country to keep fighting.

Also, the KKK have been around long before WWII and are really the same as Nazi's. So it's pretty much a home grown thing here.

I think it's the KKK influence that pushed the government to consider it free speech to be a Nazi instead of making it illegal.
Why the KKK and Nazi's are not considered terrorist groups is due to people in our government who sometimes not so secretly support their agenda.

That's why we need to call out the bull shit and why making the identities of the members of the KKK and Nazi's public and pushing to have them lose their jobs is important.

Remember all the republican's pushing to declare Black Lives Matter a terrorist group? They wont say shit about the Nazi's or the KKK.
Los and memecherry like this.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Part of a healthy breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
When it comes to others carbs and fat, the scientific opinions changed often in the last years.

This is almost all carbs, the only protein is in the milk and butter if the toast is buttered. Almost no nutrients what so ever. But, then to Keith's point I remember as a kid thinking that was bull shit, no way all that sugar is healthy. I tried to eat that breakfast once when I was a kid. The toast is so extra and after the sugar cereal and the orange juice (which is really all sugar) I was not feeling so good.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Yay for Nazi punching

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...many?CMP=fb_gu

Quote:
A drunken American tourist has been beaten up in the German city of Dresden after he repeatedly raised his arm to give the Nazi salute, police said.

The 41-year-old man, who was lightly injured in the attack, was being investigated for violating the law against the use of symbols from banned organisations, Dresden police said in a statement.
Scorpion likes this.

Last edited by Lanfear; 08-14-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

KEITH!
The Raiders are NOT fantastic!
Keith, da_ticklah and Scorpion like this.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

"A drunken American tourist has been beaten up in the German city of Dresden after he repeatedly raised his arm to give the Nazi salute, police said."

Good fuck that guy.
Keith and Apia like this.