Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you agree with more regarding cigarettes, sugar, and knowledge?
Keith 16 44.44%
Chemda 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree227Likes

Old 08-22-2017, 07:29 PM   #131 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

post-war South/America threw up monuments instead of taking responsibility or devowing anything. there was no real pressure present to snuff out what was happening (pssst…'cause the whole country was also racist). unchecked went the roots and the heels into it for the last full century and a half. hell, internationally they love our flag. the Nazis were /inspired/ by how we did our shit and that shit is still a'poppin'.

i'd say the time of baying "not me, not me" is pretty well over. yes, us.
A bit of visual info of WHEN these statues went up... wasn't just "post war" it was during very specific periods of civil liberties unrest.
Attached Images
File Type: gif blog_confederate_monuments4.gif (40.5 KB, 4 views)
Scorpion, Sparrow and kaligula like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #132 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
You all have now the opportunity to show that you are better than the German people were. They claimed not to know anything and most of them did nothing to prevent a Nazi regime.
Don't do the same.
The folks showing up strong as members of the Resistance are working very hard at this... I am one of them...

A lot of the rallies that were planned by the alt right have supposedly been cancelled due to the amount of counter protests in Boston last weekend.

Only thing is, internet still exists, they can still commiserate & meet in private.

The biggest thing we need to do is get the white supremacists out of the White House...
Apia likes this.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:12 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
$13 million in crops rot in fields after immigrants leave

Seems like the "hard working Americans" didn't really want those jobs...
The information presented arguably supports Obama's tough immigration policy and deportations.

The fair market value to hire a U.S. citizen to pick fruit appears to be approximately $25 an hour. It's shitty, back-breaking work and you will definitely need a lot of health insurance. At that rate, another U.S. specialty - automation - becomes competitive.

Criminal behaviour (the knowing employment of illegal immigrants) on the part of employers has distorted the market for produce to a degree that paying employees a market wage is not feasible at current consumer prices.

This represents a wealth transfer from low-skilled citizens in agricultural areas to produce-purchasers. A reasonable estimate would be in the tens of billions of dollars per year.

The financial effects on the country as a whole are complex; a surprising number of illegal migrant workers pay taxes, and they appear to be excellent people. There are concomitant costs associated with healthcare, education, policing etc. and associated non-financial benefits (culture) and costs (crime, also complex). Illegal immigration probably benefits both the U.S. overall and Mexico.

Regardless, I'd be fairly annoyed if I were low-skilled worker in a southern agricultural state. Everyone is purchasing from criminals who are depressing my wages and then calling me lazy. This is allowed to continue due to literal government corruption.

The illegal immigrants get to go home where their dollars can now let them live very well, receiving universal healthcare despite not paying taxes in Mexico while working. Their kids also receive state-funded education and healthcare in competition with our imaginary low-skilled American's kids. Again, often via criminal means.

Can you genuinely not clear hate from your heart for long enough to experience abstract compassion for these people? If not, that is itself worthy of discussion.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #134 (permalink)

Am I willing get over the hate I have in my heart for racists who would rather blame immigrants for their problems than the actual people who cause the problem(corporations) ?

No.

The plight of the white man is not a new one. It's literally the same narrative over and over again. It's been repeated so many times that you can find writings about it from the reconstruction Era and beyond that perfectly fit today.

Nothing changes but the ethnicity of the immigrants.

Irish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Freed Slaves, Mexicans, etc.

The corporations paying lower wages to these groups has always been the real reason for their troubles.

But they don't complain to the corporations. Heck, they want less regulations for them.

They take their anger to the "others".

Fuck them honestly.

Anymore questions?
Old 08-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #135 (permalink)

No. That's fine. Enjoy your hate. Work it out. I'm sure it's well earned.
When your ready to separate individuals from the groups to which they belong, I'd love to chat.

Best wishes, Mermaid.
The Girl likes this.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:20 PM   #136 (permalink)

Yes, please white-splain to me how generalizations work.

Have a fun life making excuses for racism.
Lanfear and Sparrow like this.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #137 (permalink)

Scorpion, Lanfear, Sparrow and 1 others like this.