Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you agree with more regarding cigarettes, sugar, and knowledge?
Keith 16 44.44%
Chemda 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree216Likes

Old 08-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #31 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

See, I was thinking, well it's only hundreds and not thousands.

Then I got to thinking, if hundreds of ISIS marched in Virginia.... It's almost exactly the same thing.
Keith, Bucho, Los and 5 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #32 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligula View Post
But tarring a large group for the actions of its dregs is not only wrong, it's foolish. Shutting down good men for whom the positives of masculinity are worth defending pushes them into the toxic milieu of the MRAs. Conflating large swaths of U.S. society with the actions of these scum makes the latter stronger.
I know these are definitely words...
memecherry and Scorpion like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:39 AM   #33 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Here's the nugget of truth that I was driving at:

You know how we don't conflate Al Qaeda and ISIS with Islam? Because when you do, you're lumping 1 billion people in with a very small group of whackjobs, and it gives ISIS people on their side who would not be had they not been lumped together.

Similar type of thing for Trump voters and Neo-Nazis, but I have a harder time feeling sympathy for Trump voters.
The Girl and kaligula like this.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:02 AM   #34 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Right about what? It's a rhetorical device used to shut down rational conversation and give the upper hand to whomever can emote the loudest.

Themar (alledgedly) recently played host to a very large and serious Neo-Nazi event.
When I was in Vienna last year, there were plenty of swastikas spray-painted around.

Why are you a Nazi, Lanfear? Or are you going to resort to that tired old "Not all Germans" chestnut?
Well if you would bother to read what we are talking about here vs instinctively jumping in my face like a triggered little baby you would know that I posted in this very thread about Nazis being alive and well and a problem in Germany.

And spoiler alert: just because things are illegal they still happen - crime exists GASP
memecherry likes this.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
blah blah, yadda, yadda ... For every action, a reaction.
All I see here is see a Nazi, punch a Nazi.
Keith and memecherry like this.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #36 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I'm German and I was Polish before.
To be a Nazi would be to hate myself and my polish family.

But if that's what the Führer wants...
I want to like this because I know it's funny and meant to be funny and I laughed because it's Apia saying this but I can't get myself to hit the like.
memecherry and Apia like this.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:

For every action, a reaction.
like when a person makes their spouse hit them. i hear ya, ligs. we should all try being quieter and more pleasant, ya know, with the Nazis.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:29 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

A more apt comparison would be if someone were to conflate Germans with Nazis and you got all "Not all Germans."
actually, you're talking about contemporary Germans not being conflated with past Germans. so, future Americans will distance themselves from this like our present day Germans are distancing themselves from WWII.

thing is, this is happening now. how do we feel about the actions of everyday Germans living during WWII? people who could see the smoke down the street. we can see the smoke. what's our responsibility as people living this in the now?
Old 08-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #39 (permalink)

and just to say it, when you lose the war the statues come down. tear 'em all down. the confederacy were enemies of the state.
Keith, Los, memecherry and 2 others like this.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:43 PM   #40 (permalink)

golly, i do go on…

you also have to remember post-war Germany got its dick kicked in; there were trials, people were executed. Europe is pretty cozy and the neighboring countries did a swell job shaming the ideology into submission.

post-war South/America threw up monuments instead of taking responsibility or devowing anything. there was no real pressure present to snuff out what was happening (pssst…'cause the whole country was also racist). unchecked went the roots and the heels into it for the last full century and a half. hell, internationally they love our flag. the Nazis were /inspired/ by how we did our shit and that shit is still a'poppin'.

i'd say the time of baying "not me, not me" is pretty well over. yes, us.
memecherry, Scorpion and Mermaid like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.