Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you have the latest KATG app?
Yes 40 88.89%
No 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree46Likes

Old 08-17-2017, 10:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrit View Post
I will admit upfront that I have not read it...

I don't really trust Keith's summary of the situation - and I'm guessing that he's only heard the left-wing news version of events, so I don't begrudge him for making a poor summary of the document.
This fuckin' guy...
Scorpion likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Regarding the Google Document:

I will admit upfront that I have not read it, ...
Maybe before you write this much about something read it. Have an opinion of your own then check it with other sources. instead of looking for sources that support your view.

How about, no one asked this guy for this information.
How about, he sends it out as if it's fact.
How about, he doesn't list scientific research that could be duplicated and proven right or wrong. You know the way Science works.
How about, what do you think his intentions were putting this memo out, was he trying to prove a point, make a joke or maybe intimidate the female employees around him.
How about, this is way outside his job and it doesn't belong in a work memo, you know unless he is a science researcher or scientist.
How about, Google did the right thing and fired the fucker.
Keith, The Girl, Los and 2 others like this.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
A bunch of bullshit.
Wrong. I believe that you write software and are socially awkward. Stick to that.
Los and Apia like this.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
This fuckin' guy...
And I bet you didn't either. Glass houses.

I haven't heard any summary of the Google Document which resembled Keith's version of events on the podcast.

> Apia

You rebutted arguments I didn't make.

> flerchin:
> Wrong. I believe that you write software and are socially awkward. Stick to that.

No, I am not socially awkward, but it's terribly common in the industry. Thanks for the ad-hominem, though.

> instead of looking for sources that support your view.

I didn't "look for sources that supported my view." I am referencing news reports that I stumbled on without looking for it.

Based on the responses, I don't see any reason to think that this isn't just a witchhunt. I see a lot of people who haven't read the paper telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about. I haven't seen any quotes from the paper that actually show him saying anything terribly offensive, but I see lots of people making assumptions about what he's saying.

By the way, here's a quote from Kevin Allison, a liberal gay man, talking about accusations he gets thrown at him from the far left (who are likely many of the same people attacking the guy at google): After a long complaint about Trump and the Right-wing, he says, "At Risk, we get a lot of heat from people on the Left yelling about the curation of the show and yelling about the storytellers. People from the Social Justice Warrior wing have called me a racist, a bully, a rape enabler. An accessory to murder. These people are lashing out. Their tweet, their emails, their comments on the message boards." - Risk Podcast, Episode "Out of Bounds" #844 (10:00-12:00). If a very liberal gay podcaster like Kevin Allison gets that much hate from the Left, you know that nobody is going to please them. And I think a lot of these same people are attacking the Google guy, and writing articles to vilify him.

If you don't think there aren't people who aren't incentivized to make this into a controversy, you don't know the news business. If you don't think there are social justice warriors who aren't out to vilify the guy, then you don't know about the social justice movement.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've read the whole thing. You have not. He's wrong, and I'm not going to give a 10 page point-by-point rebuttal to him, or you.

The gist of his argument is: Google should not make an effort to hire more women, because women are different than men, who are biologically suited for this job. It's bullshit. I work with plenty of women, I'm sure you do too. The numbers are low, and our industry is not diminished in any way by trying to get more women into it. So you see, he made a cardinal sin. He was not only offensive, but he was wrong.

You're a moron. Literally arguing for a post you have not read, for a man you have not met, about a theory that is easily shown to be wrong. Sit back and think about what you have done wrong with your life.
Keith, The Girl, lizsquiz and 1 others like this.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Freaking hilarious episode. And if you want to know why Chemda is laughing so hard-you gotta get VIP. You are missing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
I've read the whole thing. You have not. He's wrong, and I'm not going to give a 10 page point-by-point rebuttal to him, or you.

The gist of his argument is: Google should not make an effort to hire more women, because women are different than men, who are biologically suited for this job. It's bullshit. I work with plenty of women, I'm sure you do too. The numbers are low, and our industry is not diminished in any way by trying to get more women into it. So you see, he made a cardinal sin. He was not only offensive, but he was wrong.

You're a moron. Literally arguing for a post you have not read, for a man you have not met, about a theory that is easily shown to be wrong. Sit back and think about what you have done wrong with your life.
Well clearly us females are intellectually challenged - everybody knows that, right? Right? Right?
IMG_1170.JPG
Old 08-23-2017, 03:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

Is this a real thing? From Europe or South America?
Old 08-23-2017, 05:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Found it on twitter so who really knows but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true
Old 08-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Found it on twitter so who really knows but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true
You're the best.
Scorpion likes this.