Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Was Keith right or wrong to not make any phone calls during The Landmark Forum?
Right 40 86.96%
Wrong 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree106Likes

Old 08-24-2017, 01:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
I had thought the same thing re: Cat and these motivational speakers/pyramid scheme type retreats. The WTF look on my face that she went to Landmark, had her experience there and then sold Keith on going to this thing too?? What exactly was the desired outcome supposed to be for this?
Making sure everybody is on board for the studio renovation?

I am wary off all these motivational speakers/cults but you have to admit that they ace the marketing and sales which is what you need to learn as an entrepreneur. So I understand her studying these even if I think they are creepy myself.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

The first time I ever heard about landmark was in a podcast where people tell horrible stories about their lives. The woman telling the story went to a landmark seminar after she got it as a gift from her sister. She went and was absolutely horrified by her experience. (Women being pushed into calling their rapists etc). She said she finally decided to leave on day three, when they had all been beaten down and humiliated so much and told that if they didn't do whatever it took to support each other (being coachable, having integrity etc) they were useless pieces of shit. She tried to leave and the group not only attempted
To block the exits but they followed her to her car and tried to stop her from driving away, climbing on the car and shit. Whuuuuuthhhaaafuxxkkkkk

When Keet said he was going to this shit I thought nooooo but I was happy they didn't manage to make a dent! If you google landmark a ton of stuff comes up about people having mental problems after bc it fucks so bad w their head.

My acupuncturist mentioned it like five fucking times during my last visit. I'm trying to find a nice "fuck no" so I can get the point across without ruining the friendly relationship we have. She can move chi like a motherfuckahhh
shoebootie, Apia and FingerLakes like this.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:59 AM   #23 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

LOL Landmark is bullshit, but acupuncture.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

This place sounds like they're trying to be a competitor to Scientology. But like....in a 2015 way that doesn't do a lot of the leg work and tries to get more money for doing nothing. Scientologists at least wait until they have you hooked in the literature (which costs money) and interested in climbing up the culture's ladder (which costs money) and know all your secrets before asking for MORE money and family.

The thing is, as Chemda points out, they are using some practical psycology and recovery terms and exorcises so you will start thinking about things in a new light. But goddamn. This sounds like an expensive, shaming, unhealthy way to do it. Haven't listened to the follow up eps yet but if you took anything positive at all from this, besides stories for KATG, I recommend looking for a support group. They're free!

Is this the same place The Studio was when it called and said it wanted to...break the lease?
Old 08-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
LOL Landmark is bullshit, but acupuncture.
I see what you're saying, but there is a huge cost difference. And it seems like most people in landmark are very emotionally susceptible.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

They're both a sham using psychology and pseudoscience to rip off the vulnerable and weak minded. Landmark appears to be more expensive, and has the additional cult-y aspect.

The point is that even the acupuncture lady can spot the Landmark scam. Although maybe she wouldn't if she didn't have Keith helping her out.

Last edited by flerchin; 08-25-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: changed goofball to lady. I was hangry, but that's no excuse to be mean.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I have a teeny tiny potential believe that acupuncture could work by somehow manipulating nerves running through our body to get a reaction.

But if you try to talk to me about homeopathy and globuli or detox I'm putting you into the wacko category immediately.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

Large studies have shown absolutely no difference between acupuncture and a placebo. It does nothing. It's easily googleable.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I have a teeny tiny potential believe that acupuncture could work by somehow manipulating nerves running through our body to get a reaction.

But if you try to talk to me about homeopathy and globuli or detox I'm putting you into the wacko category immediately.
That's right. Fuck detox. IDIOTS!
Old 08-26-2017, 02:59 PM   #30 (permalink)

I'll say it verbatim and letcha know how it works.
As for acupuncture working or not working, I've had a shoulder and neck injury for a decade that makes life a pile of dogshit. Drugs, massage, chiropractic etc never worked but despite not even thinking that WOULD work I did it for free and it did. I don't give a shit if it works because my brain or because nerves or because chi or because magic, it makes my pain stop and that's what I pay for.