Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever been caught shoplifting?
Yes 10 29.41%
No 24 70.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael's Servant
  • 4 Post By Keith
  • 1 Post By Scorpion
  • 2 Post By The Girl
  • 2 Post By astrokahn
  • 1 Post By Lanfear
  • 1 Post By Eric M

Old 08-23-2017, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2700: Press the Button

with Chad Zumock and Reena Calm – Drunks; approaching comedians; comics and politics; The Karate Kid TV show; parents fighting on your behalf; KATG Polls; Wag

Guests:
Chad Zumock

Reena Calm

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Keith likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Good morning. You okay?
Old 08-24-2017, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hennessy has been very cool and chill about pronouns in the past so it seemed to me Chemda was getting a bit overly sensitive about the review on his behalf.. especially because you know it was written with the best of intentions. He doesn't know you.. I mean, if there was no conversation about gender (and why would there be) you know people are just going to go with what they see.

He has had a very good attitude about it in the past and I think that is so important if your goal is to inform and get people on your side. There's a whole massive population of center thinking people who you will lose from your side the moment you get overly sensitive.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I'm grateful for my life and everything in it.
I'm so happy all New York hates me for it.
I don't hate your life Apia. You and your life sound nice to me. But then I don't live in New York so I'm not sure this means anything and then again what do I really know about Apia not like I REALLY know you. I also haven't heard this episode yet. That guy at google shouldn't have been fired he should be held up as the next Einstein. So, let me mansplain this more so all the women know they are inferior to men, I'm a man and I need my voice heard. (Did you get it?)
Apia likes this.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

2700: Press the Button

Eric,

I said it because it was what Hennessy expressed to me. He was dejected by the experience. I don't think I was expressing much more than the fact that it's a shame and it's part of what makes it hard for him to socialize.

I was sharing the experience. In it, there's disappointment. That's ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparrow and Mermaid like this.

Last edited by The Girl; 08-24-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Parents

Keith I TOTALLY understand when you talk about how your parents refuse to answer a simple question about your ethnicity and where your ancestors come from etc. I think rational people have a hard time understanding how you can't extract info from other seemingly rational people. My mom is exactly the same way, vague and weird about answering any questions.

This morning I texted her asking her the poll question you suggested: "Hey mom, did you ever have to threaten someone on my behalf when I was growing up, adult or child, for my safety or otherwise? Just curious, part of a podcast poll. Something I could kind of imagine you doing."

This text convo spanned 15 texts over about a half hour with me asking the question four different ways and getting answers like "I'm sure your stepdad wouldn't have. You have to be careful." And "I don't remember, everything before breakfast is a blur." THIS IS MY WHOLE LIFE and why I know only what I specifically remember. So frustrating.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
Hennessy has been very cool and chill about pronouns in the past so it seemed to me Chemda was getting a bit overly sensitive about the review on his behalf.. especially because you know it was written with the best of intentions. He doesn't know you.. I mean, if there was no conversation about gender (and why would there be) you know people are just going to go with what they see.

He has had a very good attitude about it in the past and I think that is so important if your goal is to inform and get people on your side. There's a whole massive population of center thinking people who you will lose from your side the moment you get overly sensitive.
Wasn't the guy who wrote the review a listener of the show? In that case there's really no excuse for it.

I realize people are very sensitive about things nowadays, but there's a limit to how long you can pretend to not get it or be ignorant. If this was the first few times Hennessy explained his situation to us, I'd have a different opinion. But it's not. If the reviewer didn't know about Hennessy being a man, then..well...the review sucks but it's not really their fault.

Side note: some people specifically want a man or a woman to watch their animals. Hopefully there's a way to specify that in the app, or I suppose Hennessy could explain the discrepancy in person between the review and that he's actually a "he," if needed.

Last edited by thirteen; 08-24-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I had the feeling and seem to recall episodes that told us that Hennessy was unhappy about being misgendered which duuuuhhh of course you'd be mad about that but he might try and put a brave face.

So either that person was not as big a listener as they pretended or it's willful ignorance. Either way it's rude.
The Girl likes this.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
Eric,

I don't know if this makes sense, I certainly don't know this person or what they were thinking. I'm hoping there is a reason that is sensitive and meaningful even if it was the wrong decision.
I tried to put my self in this persons shoes and this dog owner guy thought maybe Hennessy's employers know him as a woman (like in the app or something) and didn't want to send a review that might get dismissed because he used inside information on what pronoun to use?... I don't have all the information but I hope it was just a bad mistake that wasn't intended to be hurtful or willfully ignorant.

Here is to Hennessy one of the funniest, and friendliest guys I know (Well sort of know, you know as I only really know him through podcasts and stuff.
I don't really know/know him but, I think I kinda know him. You know! Stop being difficult, jeez).
Old 08-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
Eric,

I said it because it was what Hennessy expressed to me. He was dejected by the experience. I don't think I was expressing much more than the fact that it's a shame and it's part of what makes it hard for him to socialize.

I listened again. Maybe it was me who was overly sensitive to your disappointment. You're allowed to have it. I don't think these instances are ever going to go away though. It is sad. I'm sorry you two are forced to deal with it so regularly.
The Girl likes this.