Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2701: Money! Money! Money! (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2701-money-money-money-20664/)

Michael's Servant 08-24-2017 08:00 PM

2701: Money! Money! Money!

with Andrea Allan – Keith’s Landmark graduation; self-help/anonymous meetings

Guest:
Andrea Allan
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...ea-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

snowflake 08-25-2017 06:11 AM

Landmark super landmark?
Keith and the girl, counseling and weed are the only reason (other than my dad) I'm not dead. Thank you Katg.
and no, keith is right, don't use the we will be talking about you one. but yes, if you could sneak in a cam and make a katgtv...

BritPete 08-25-2017 08:07 AM

In England people will give their numbers out to newcomers but not take the newcomers number. If the newcomer needs help they then have people to phone.
I would never dream of asking a newcomer for their number, let alone ask them out for a coffee. Chemda is right, ignore them and don't feel bad.

But of course that is only a suggestion blah blah blah, AA speak, blah.

flerchin 08-25-2017 03:41 PM

You do not have Deaf listeners, but I can totally give you tips about the deaf community and interpreters (that's what "sign language ladies" are really called)

Interpreters absolutely develop relationships with their clients, but I don't know of any romantic relationships. Most interpreters are female. Several of my wife's were at my wedding.

flerchin 08-25-2017 03:44 PM

I wonder if the Landmark interpreter knows all the levels of landmark? She probably interpreted them all. See if you can get her on the show!

RefusingYouLiquor 08-29-2017 01:02 AM

Leaving cough medicine and then conveniently being on the same subway with her.... creepy...

albi 08-29-2017 02:24 AM

I'm getting a lot out of the AA and al-anon talk lately on the show...I've been thinking about going to CODA or al-anon for ages but am nervous about potential god-botherers, pressure from members to go every week (sponsor phones calls etc). Andrea's experience with getting texts is along the lines of what I don't want.

Keith 08-29-2017 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RefusingYouLiquor (Post 863055)
Leaving cough medicine and then conveniently being on the same subway with her.... creepy...

Sounds like somebody wasn't listening and made up their story...

The Girl 08-29-2017 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albi (Post 863056)
I'm getting a lot out of the AA and al-anon talk lately on the show...I've been thinking about going to CODA or al-anon for ages but am nervous about potential god-botherers, pressure from members to go every week (sponsor phones calls etc). Andrea's experience with getting texts is along the lines of what I don't want.

Don't let people stop you if you feel these meetings will help. Part of it is to learn how to respond in truth. Say no when you don't want to do something.

Keep thinking about all the bad things that can happen and you'll never do anything you want/need.

If you've been wanting to go to a meeting... go to a meeting. Go to 6 different ones.

Live your best life. The discomforts are usually worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albi 08-29-2017 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Girl (Post 863061)
Don't let people stop you if you feel these meetings will help. Part of it is to learn how to respond in truth. Say no when you don't want to do something.

Keep thinking about all the bad things that can happen and you'll never do anything you want/need.

If you've been wanting to go to a meeting... go to a meeting. Go to 6 different ones.

Live your best life. The discomforts are usually worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Chemda, you're right. Saying no is exactly what I need to learn to do anyway. I'm gonna give a meeting a go. <3