Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you an alcoholic?
Yes 33 29.20%
No 80 70.80%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree255Likes

Old 08-28-2017, 11:21 AM   #21 (permalink)

Holy Jesus fuck. What a great thing. I tried so hard not to cry listening to this. Not since you guys used to have actual on air fights when you were dating (I feel like I remember them about Keith's drinking actually) has it felt so real in that studio. (Actual studio, not "studio" studio.)

Keith, yesterday I went to work for two hours, came home and drank three huge glasses of wine, lied and told my boyfriend I didn't wanna hang out bc i wasn't feeling good bc I didn't want him to know I was drunk and passed out for the rest of the day. I didn't sleep all night bc the sugar content in wine is insane for me. I woke up ashamed and feeling terrrible this morning, a common thing in my life related to drinking too much, and when I opened my phone to update my podcasts the first thing that came up said "I'm an alcoholic". Right away I looked up a meeting and promised myself to go tonight.

Then I listened to the epi on my way to work and my god man this couldn't have come at a better time. I'm going to have a real conversation with my boyfriend tonight. We've been dating for two years and he has no idea I am also an alcoholic.
I can only hope he will see this as a positive step and come with me.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #22 (permalink)

Oh and one more thing: Chemda you are the bees knees.
I've only ever told two people I'm an alcoholic and both of them tried to convince me that I wasn't, which absolutely blew my mind bc of what an idiotic and dangerous thing that is to say to someone. I imagine you get this a lot because you go for reasons other than drinking yourself.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #23 (permalink)

Good luck Keith!

Long time fan of the show, wish you all the best in this process.
BSchultz and GreeningOA like this.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:04 PM   #24 (permalink)

Really sorry to hear about everything you're going through (with the studio and this episode). This conversation was so inspirational and touching. Good luck.
kevinquinn likes this.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Thank fuck for flex working hours because there was no way I could have paused this episode this morning before work.

Hugs all around, it's beautiful to see how you two can grow and support each other when it really counts.
BSchultz and Apia like this.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

This podcast has been a life changer for me, and as I continue to try to improve my life, I am inspired by both Chemda & Keith.

Thank you, I love you both...
Josh, isabella79, BSchultz and 4 others like this.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:30 PM   #27 (permalink)

I haven't posted on here in forever, but just wanted to pass on my love and support. You'll kick this headphone things ass and I really wish you well in finding a new studio (when of course you feel ready.)

Take care,

Josh
Old 08-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

holy balls. i caught this one live. if you don't watch live, start watching live. this realness was one for the books.

i don't have much to add except gratitude at letting us into y'alls' lives so intimately. we all need it. we all benefit from it. please continue.

i'm not an alcoholic, but i have a basket of my own things. did this inspire me to do anything about them? nah. i'm still busy resenting everything that's good for me and wasting my potential. kudos to the rest of you, though.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyButtPlug View Post
I think we've all known Keith has been an alcoholic since he shit on the sofa.... But studio? I'm sorry to hear that. It took me about 30 mins to figure it out as it wasn't explicit. I hope things start looking up for you, man. I'm an alcoholic too and all the AA talk on recent shows has got me thinking if I should go.
GO! It won't hurt you. Worst case you wasted your time, best case you learn something invaluable that might help you stay off alcohol. Sounds like a pretty good gamble to me.
Josh, memecherry and BSchultz like this.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:08 PM   #30 (permalink)

One minute I'm minding my business walking the dog listening to podcasts, next thing I know this is me: