Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Keith go to AA this week?
Yes 11 35.48%
No 20 64.52%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree47Likes

Old 09-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I can't tell if problem drinker and problem toker are the same, but they both sound like problems.
Lanfear and Mermaid like this.

Last edited by flerchin; 09-06-2017 at 11:28 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
I can't tell if problem drinker and problem toker are the same, but they both sound like problems.
yup problem philanthropist, problem inventor they all sound like problems with the word problem in front.
The Girl and flerchin like this.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Meh. What do I know.

Its just that Keith always seemed to like booze. He could drink insane amounts and still function, a la MNIK. He's good at drinking. That's a hallmark of alcoholism. When it comes to weed it just always seemed like he could take it or leave it. Not his thing.

I don't know Keith. I don't know his situation. Just seems off to rag on him for an edible. But I can see the value in total sobriety. I wish him well. Alcoholism is tough. Everybody's drinking and you can't.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

sorry this one is long winded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Meh. What do I know.

Its just that Keith always seemed to like booze. He could drink insane amounts and still function, a la MNIK. He's good at drinking. That's a hallmark of alcoholism. When it comes to weed it just always seemed like he could take it or leave it. Not his thing.

I don't know Keith. I don't know his situation. Just seems off to rag on him for an edible. But I can see the value in total sobriety. I wish him well. Alcoholism is tough. Everybody's drinking and you can't.
I get what you mean now. I think everyone's situation is different. I know a lot of people who claim Pot is not sober but then they smoke. I don't see how that is sober. Just because we don't think of nicotine as a drug doesn't mean it isn't it's an amphetamine that is much stronger than cocaine. People like to ignore how powerful nicotine is and it's affect on the brain.

I know alcoholics that only smoked cigarettes when they drank.
I know alcoholics that when the smoke cigarettes it makes them want to drink.
I know an guy who is an addict with just about everything and knows if he takes one puff of a joint will just go balls deep and end up drinking and doing heroine.
Everyone has a different journey and it's not fair to judge someone else for doing something different. Addiction is tricky and is very individualized. There are general guidelines, that for MOST people, need to be followed. It's dangerous for an addict to think they are so special they can drink and still avoid cocaine. That doesn't mean some addicts aren't self aware or honest with themselves. Nicotine is way more addictive then most illegal drugs yet somehow it's totally OK at an AA meeting. Pot is not addictive but not OK at AA meetings. Sugar is super addictive for me, It would drive me nuts to go to an AA meeting with free doughnuts.
The Girl likes this.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Smile XOXOXOX

The language might be different between meetings. For CoDa a qualification is not just a share about whatever shit you're dealing with; its a longer story of your deep seeded issues and it ends in how the program helped you change/become better. It's supposed to be inspiring for new people or those struggling. Give the newbies some hope. My meeting is only an hour so the qualification was 10 mins vs our usual 3 min share time.
I felt quiet relieved afterwards.

Jeremy Renner is my second favorite Avenger actor because his Ass Just Won't Quit. I saw that in the woods movie come up in a theater near me and decided against it.

I meant what I said; I will support you till the end and I am 4000% here for Bachelor Keith constantly talking about jerking off. Like. Don't ever stop. Maybe put some pics up when you're feeling strong enough.

Thanks for the shout out <3 <3
The Girl likes this.