Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should America take a page from Germany’s book regarding Nazi symbolism?
Yes 26 78.79%
No 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree82Likes

Old 09-06-2017, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2709: Chip Committed

with Libby Phillips – The dangers of the Sniff ‘n Drink technique; AA; the most shocking KATG episode ever; movie remakes with the opposite sex; taking drugs to stop drinking; man literally runs into Burning Man; KATG Polls; being late; laugh-stifling; Keith’s money-making football ideas; Roxxxy the emotional sex robot; Trump pledges $1 million to Hurricane Harvey relief, doesn’t deliver; Hurricane Irma; 13-year-old mayor; harassment and the legality of Nazi symbolism

Guest:
Libby Phillips

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Scorpion and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Talking Yea Libby

I love this show, Libby is so funny. In particular how Libby & Chemda interact is the best. I was thinking how nice it is when it's a no guest show then I thought well Libby is a guest and that is so great.

Now I'm thinking how great a show would be with Chemda and her friends like Libby & Andrea. They could call it. "The Girl's night out."
Old 09-07-2017, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

See a Nazi, punch a Nazi. Only works when you can see a Nazi.
Bucho, Scorpion and snowflake like this.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I love this show, Libby is so funny. In particular how Libby & Chemda interact is the best. I was thinking how nice it is when it's a no guest show then I thought well Libby is a guest and that is so great.

Now I'm thinking how great a show would be with Chemda and her friends like Libby & Andrea. They could call it. "The Girl's night out."
First of all thanks and yay!

Second, your idea has me thinking...

what if I pitch a FoTM to Libby entitled: Fuck Me in The Spirit

And I have my friends on and we talk about the ways we've behave like shitheads and what we can do better next time.

Thoughts?
Old 09-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Love it when Libby is on the show! And may the people who make fun of someone's laugh die of a million paper cuts!
Old 09-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Here you have it:

The German Strafgesetzbuch (Criminal Code) in § 86a outlaws "use of symbols of unconstitutional organizations" outside of the contexts of "art or science, research or teaching". This concerns Nazi symbolism in particular and is part of the denazification efforts following the fall of the Third Reich.

The law prohibits the distribution or public use of symbols of unconstitutional groups–in particular, flags, insignia, uniforms, slogans and forms of greeting.
And we also have a hate speech law against "Volksverhetzung"
Quote:
Volksverhetzung, is a concept in German criminal law that refers to incitement to hatred against segments of the population and refers to calls for violent or arbitrary measures against them.
It is often applied to, though not limited to, trials relating to Holocaust denial in Germany.
Quote:
Whosoever, in a manner capable of disturbing the public peace:
1) incites hatred against a national, racial, religious group or a group defined by their ethnic origins, against segments of the population or individuals because of their belonging to one of the aforementioned groups or segments of the population or calls for violent or arbitrary measures against them; or

2) assaults the human dignity of others by insulting, maliciously maligning an aforementioned group, segments of the population or individuals because of their belonging to one of the aforementioned groups or segments of the population, or defaming segments of the population,

shall be liable to imprisonment from three months to five years.
Bucho, Scorpion and Apia like this.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Fun fact regarding Cleveland's preseason: The Lions won all their preseason games the year they lost every regular season game. Still the only team to do that in the 16 game Era.
Keith and Bucho like this.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

One of the most Al-Anon things I've ever heard was when Chemda told Libby that it's ok to not count her relapse. If your relapse matters to you, you count it. Otherwise you end up sniffing alcohol then shotgunning a can of coke and telling yourself it's all good and you can't even take a chip anywhere and you definitely don't have someone in recovery that you can be honest with. I've been sober for 6 years in AA with no slips and I do not have to do anything like that to not drink. I don't even think about drinking and I was a daily blackout hope to die suicidal drinker. You can recover. If there's anyone here that is trying AA or doing some sort of outpatient or talk therapy or anything like that and is taking suggestions, trying something new and participating in their recovery, even if you hate it, it works if you work at it and I wish you the best.
The Girl, Bucho and Scorpion like this.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I'm really Glad that everyone else seems to have such a great experience with 12 step programs. My mom dragged me to an AlAnon meeting when I was a teen, and the one we went to was really just a bunch of rich middle aged white women more pissed that their breadwinner wasn't dispensing with the money than anything else. It was also the biggest pity party that I had ever seen, and noone was challenged to grow on anything. Over the years, I've realized that perhaps this group was a fluke.

ETA: specifically, I remember everyone repeating the idea that addiction was something their husband did to them, and inflicted on their lives. And there was no talk of taking control of your own life, and owning your own decisions or actions that have impacted where you are now.
The Girl and Scorpion like this.

Last edited by AstoriaGirl; 09-07-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
I'm really Glad that everyone else seems to have such a great experience with 12 step programs. My mom dragged me to an AlAnon meeting when I was a teen, and the one we went to was really just a bunch of rich middle aged white women more pissed that their breadwinner wasn't dispensing with the money than anything else. It was also the biggest pity party that I had ever seen, and noone was challenged to grow on anything. Over the years, I've realized that perhaps this group was a fluke.

ETA: specifically, I remember everyone repeating the idea that addiction was something their husband did to them, and inflicted on their lives. And there was no talk of taking control of your own life, and owning your own decisions or actions that have impacted where you are now.

- In every meeting, they tell new comers to go to six different meetings before you decide if Al-Anon is for you.

- Al-Anon is not for children. It's for adults. Alateen is for younger people.

- It works if you work it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith, Bucho, memecherry and 1 others like this.