Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes 19 30.16%
No 44 69.84%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree85Likes

Old 09-08-2017, 08:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Chewy sealed the deal with the dead fetuses haunting Andrea

I almost spit out my juice when Chewy made the joke about the dead babies haunting Andrea!

I loved the arc of this episode. I know when POC's and/or Queer folks come on the show, Keith's overwhelming bro/cop persona is off-putting.

I could feel Chewy going on the offensive in the beginning and I wanted to be like "no it's ok, he's like a deliberate caricature of those dudes" (well at least most of the time

I was scared it was gonna fuck up the whole episode but then everyone loosened up and we got a peek into Chewy's "sick bitch" humor.
I loved it!
please have her back!
The Girl, Scorpion, Apia and 1 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i console my imagination by remembering the universe may not work the same way in all of the places in it. there's a place where the laws of physics are different or skewed b/c of, what, the density of some particles or a special dust or gas, and the biology of the people and how their physiology reacts with their environment makes ghosting possible, but again, nothing supernatural. just science.
SCIENCE!

Science has proven again and again the the laws of physics are consistent across our universe. Gravity waves, this Higgs Boson, black holes, quantum coupling, etc...

Now if you mean other universes don't work the same, then yeah that's very likely. If you mean different as in what life might be like if say a life sustaining planet in a safe orbit around a black hole might be like, it could be very different or much the same, time would be weird by comparison. But time/space and electromagnetism would be consistent and relative to the forces affecting the planet and have a calculable relationship to the same forces we experience on Earth. Not really different from a physics view point.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
somehow it knows? instinct. DNA. animal behavior is encoded, bruh. read a book.

more powerful and meaningful? bullshit. it's the gooey, reactive material we happen to have. full stop. we humans are hungry for patterns and meaning, does not necessitate they be so.
I read plenty of books, and that's right "Somehow it knows" and we don't know how it knows. I don't know what your point is besides being insulting.

It's just not so simple, we used to think the "encoding" was in the grey matter. There are patterns and meaning, its the mystic crap that tries to explain it away. Science looks for the pattern, the formula, the why and how. What is instinct how does DNA tell a Monarch to create super Monarch every 7 or 8 generations so it can survive the journey back to Mexico. How does the DNA replicating sequence change automatically, and what in the butterfly makes it lay its eggs on plant 'A' and not any of the thousands of others available. It's not grey matter, because that doesn't carry over directly.
Los and Mermaid like this.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:47 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
How does the DNA replicating sequence change automatically, and what in the butterfly makes it lay its eggs on plant 'A' and not any of the thousands of others available. It's not grey matter, because that doesn't carry over directly.
fine. it's totally God and magic. my bad. anything we don't know yet or can't know is witchery and proof of said witchery.
Electric Squirrel likes this.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
fine. it's totally God and magic. my bad. anything we don't know yet or can't know is witchery and proof of said witchery.
You can't help yourself can you? Is jumping to conclusions and not actually reading what is said your profession or just a hobby.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #16 (permalink)

do you need a hug, button?
flerchin likes this.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

If anything, being a scientist has taught me how little we can explain about the world around us.

Once you get pass the basics everything becomes a educated guessing game.

Even the stuff we think we know as unquestionable fact can be disproven tomorrow and start a paradigm shift in the field.

Maybe there are supernatural beings around us.

Absence of proof isn't proof of absence.

Maybe the lack of proof is just an indication of a lack of technology needed to observe it, not an indication that its nonexistent.

I just can't be as sure about the existence or non-existence of ghost as some people.
Los, Scorpion and kaligula like this.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I so should have been a scientist. Sounds easy.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I so should have been a scientist. Sounds easy.
You have a hypothesis. "Ghosts are not real."
And a null hypothesis. "Ghosts are real"

Next you just have you create scientifically sound method and statistical plan upon which to test it.

If your plan is well thought out and convincing enough you could maybe get a researcher to partner with you and get grant funding.

... Yada Yada Yada....

Peer-reviewed paper with you listed as an author!

Boom. Keith the scientist.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Null hypothesis doesn't apply to this type of experiment.

Ghosts are observable by repeatable experimentation or they are not. There is no repeatable experiment that observes ghosts. Ergo they do not exist.

Keith would make a great scientist, but I doubt he'd be willing to sit through all the math.
Scorpion and Apia like this.