Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have/will you see It (2017) in theaters?
Yes 20 35.09%
No 37 64.91%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 09-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I know you get to see all these films cheap as heck Keith, but you do these reviews often enough as a professional broadcaster/podcaster it may even be worth looking into getting accredited as a critic, then you could get access to see them free (and first) at preview/press screenings.

Of course it could be you feel it's not worth the trouble and you prefer to pay a little and get more choice in terms of exactly when you see any given film, but maybe it's worth considering from some angle. At the very least I'm sure it'd be hilarious to hear you talk about the behaviour/antics of the "fellow" critics you'd end up spending a little time with, the same as it's hilarious to hear your take on folks in the comedy world.

I meeeeeeean, shit, all I know is you're one of my favourite movie critics already, so why not make it official?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It's god awful and should win a Razzie. Critics that liked it feel they should say that to appear smart. They're fuckin' liars.

Enjoy.
You know...I liked it for about an hour.
While Michelle Phifer was on screen it was a hilariously awkward tale of an unhappy marriage and a terrible wife. There were multiple times where the whole theater was laughing like we were watching british comedy. But after the funeral, Michelle's last scene, it jumped the shark and exploded into shit.

It felt like I was watching a Let's Play of the latest Call of Duty. Just, shocking moment after shocking moment with no rhyme or reason. The bit where the You Know What gets *Spoilred* was so fucking devoid of meaning or feeling it was insulting. And the sound effect they used was just wrong. Way too loud.

(this is referring to Mother!
I hope that was obvious)

Last edited by FingerLakes; 09-17-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

1) Congrats to Chemda for the very first time, as far I can remember, actually having a "the title of this episode is gonna be X," actually turn out to be the title of the episode!!!

2)Well having listened to this episode I've decided not to watch IT, at least, I'm not gonna pay for...It. Part 1? Get the fuck outta here.

3)Not sure if I shared before but I started watching Don't Trust the B because of this podcast and I really love it too! James Vanderbeak is such a DILF! The woman who plays Jessica Jones is great! I LOL alot!

4) I'm enjoying all these references to Keith getting pissed on.
The Girl, Bucho, Scorpion and 1 others like this.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

I hope Keith watches The disaster artist, or "the room" for that matter.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
She isn't perfect? She helped to pass NAFTA...
. Bitching not valid there. NAFTA HAS BEEN BENEFICIAL for all 3 countries involved (get informed and your facts straight before fruitless and inevitable rebuttal *sigh*). Seems he's rethoric is starting to get to you. Cheers.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:55 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelfin View Post
. Bitching not valid there. NAFTA HAS BEEN BENEFICIAL for all 3 countries involved (get informed and your facts straight before fruitless and inevitable rebuttal *sigh*). Seems he's rethoric is starting to get to you. Cheers.
Get your facts straight.. It has benefited noone but the large corporations that get cheap labor in shit countries and has cut union population by 2/3..
Old 09-18-2017, 08:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
... and then made it illegal for them to vote. ...
This is a state thing, she would have nothing to do with it, for example in Michigan felons do not lose the right to vote. They can't vote while in prison or while on parole but after that they can vote. Unless the crime involved something directly connected to voting, like voter fraud.

Just wanted to clarify the point, that not all people lose the right to vote after a conviction. Not that this diminishes the fact that putting a large group of people in jail for 20 years for nonviolent offenses has an effect on elections and the power structure that results.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Get your facts straight.. It has benefited noone but the large corporations that get cheap labor in shit countries and has cut union population by 2/3..
1) Because of NAFTA, thousands of families in rural America have a way to make a decent living that otherwise would not be possible for them to achieve. It's not only co

2) Reading incendiaries headlines only does not constitute "having your facts straight". Try again.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

NAFTA at 20: One Million U.S. Jobs Lost, Higher Income Inequality | HuffPost

Nafta devastated our country's job and union population. This is pretty well known. You seem like an irritatingly misinformed Clinton primary voter. Educate yourself.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
NAFTA at 20: One Million U.S. Jobs Lost, Higher Income Inequality | HuffPost

Nafta devastated our country's job and union population. This is pretty well known. You seem like an irritatingly misinformed Clinton primary voter. Educate yourself.
Coffee is bad for you? I can give you 1000 links that support that opinion. Coffee is good for you? I can give you another 1000 links that say that.

Googling to "support" your ignorant opinions is not knowing the facts. Try again you misinformed TrumpO primary voter. Educate yourself.

Last edited by rdelfin; 09-22-2017 at 08:09 PM.