Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2714: It Was Bad (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2714-bad-20695/)

Keith 09-15-2017 01:54 AM

2714: It Was Bad
 
with Tyler Snodgrass and Danii Gallegos – Florida residents shoot the hurricane; It reviewed and Stephen King's child gang-bang examined; frat boys kidnapping; man caught masturbating watching The Emoji Movie; Sofia Vergara's battle over her eggs; the highest paid actors in Hollywood; Netflix's weed strains; chef with cancer diagnosis kills friend who introduced him to cigarettes; sober people drinking by accident; Hillary Clinton's new book; fantasy football updates; blind football players and humiliating losses; Keith's 25th high school reunion cancelled

Guests:
Danii Gallegos
http://static-1.keithandthegirl.net/...II-100x100.jpg

Tyler Snodgrass
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...OD-100x100.jpg


Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

snowflake 09-15-2017 06:36 AM

No Resuarant manager or gm has to tell women to dress slutty. Women are told everyday that being pretty will be rewarded-from strangers who tell us to smile pretty pretty to "friends" who call us sexy baby or pretty despite being told not to (WE KNOW YOU THINK YOU'RE IN THE FRIENDZONE, WE THOUGHT YOU WERE JUST A FRIEND, ASSHOLE). Strangers will aslo tell us to our faces we're fat, ugly, or they don't want to fuck us (i don't remember asking...) to our cooworkers who ignore or are mean to us to show they are not attracted (we notice you treating us different from the pretty girls, we don't want to fuck you so being mean to make the point is unneccessary). the world tells us that an ugly woman is never a reward. at the end of the night the sexist pig who flirts too much with his waitress is also going to tip her better if she has eyeliner than if not, he might not be mean either. just demeaning. its harm reduction.

Todd 09-15-2017 09:49 AM

Will you feel vindicated or cheated if in It: Chapter 2 the adults reminisce about the orgy they had 27 years ago?

"Hey, remember when we were 10 and we all definitely had sex with Beverly? That definitely happened and was not all shameful, wasn't it?"

Eric M 09-15-2017 12:48 PM

Chemda if you would like to understand the fury and frustration with Clinton, you should stop comparing her to Trump at every turn. I have massive disdain for both of them. One has nothing to do with the other. One is a bumbling moron who played this idiot country for what it is. The other is completely wooden and lacks a personality of any kind and noone could possibly believe she gives any shits for them listening to her speak and whos forced terrible trickle down and deregulation on this country already.

The one thing that could be said for him is that however horrible he is, we might actually arrive at real progressive change if(and hopefully when) the pendulum swings back the other way. She would've put everyone back to sleep. We'd be stuck with more neoliberalism where theyre ok with social liberties but the economic divide and massive failures in our education and healthcare systems would continue to get worse.

You said you watched the young turks once. You should continue to. I encourage everyone to do the same. Quit making the same dumb mistakes of the democratic establishment and deflecting every single horrifying problem with Clinton to the fact that Trump is a monster.


I love you.

The Girl 09-15-2017 06:14 PM

2714: It Was Bad
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric M (Post 863400)
Chemda if you would like to understand the fury and frustration with Clinton, you should stop comparing her to Trump at every turn. I have massive disdain for both of them. One has nothing to do with the other. One is a bumbling moron who played this idiot country for what it is. The other is completely wooden and lacks a personality of any kind and noone could possibly believe she gives any shits for them listening to her speak and whos forced terrible trickle down and deregulation on this country already.

The one thing that could be said for him is that however horrible he is, we might actually arrive at real progressive change if(and hopefully when) the pendulum swings back the other way. She would've put everyone back to sleep. We'd be stuck with more neoliberalism where theyre ok with social liberties but the economic divide and massive failures in our education and healthcare systems would continue to get worse.

You said you watched the young turks once. You should continue to. I encourage everyone to do the same. Quit making the same dumb mistakes of the democratic establishment and deflecting every single horrifying problem with Clinton to the fact that Trump is a monster.


I love you.



I understand and I do criticize her. But she was not going to empower the kkk like they are now. She was not going to take LGBT rights away like he did. She was not calling Mexicans rapists.

This is being Reiterated by me because we should all be aware that that's what happened.

I trust her more than I do him and I don't trust her that much. Those became my choices and I don't like it.

Also, what Apia said.

I love you too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric M 09-15-2017 08:31 PM

Those aren't your choices anymore. Election is long gone. I voted for her. There really is no more need to compare them. Any defense of her is a defense of the terrible political system that brought us to that shitty election. We need to reject the politics that she represents at every turn.

The Girl 09-15-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric M (Post 863403)
Those aren't your choices anymore. Election is long gone. I voted for her. There really is no more need to compare them. Any defense of her is a defense of the terrible political system that brought us to that shitty election. We need to reject the politics that she represents at every turn.



But if it's over then why can people bring her up in a negative light?

If you say things that are bad about her that are legit I won't argue. It's just odd to me to bring up what a shitty competitor she was and then ask me to not talk about the election.

I know she's flawed. But I have a hard time with people making the comparison based on the election and/or Trump and then asking me not to.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric M 09-16-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Girl (Post 863410)
But if it's over then why can people bring her up in a negative light?

If you say things that are bad about her that are legit I won't argue. It's just odd to me to bring up what a shitty competitor she was and then ask me to not talk about the election.

I know she's flawed. But I have a hard time with people making the comparison based on the election and/or Trump and then asking me not to.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chemda, she gave us Trump. You should view her in a negative light. She isn't perfect? She helped to pass NAFTA, gutted unions and simultaneously exploded the prison population with minorities and then made it illegal for them to vote. She was for fracking. She wasn't for yours and laurens rights until it became politically expedient for her. She's a right wing wolf in left wing sheep's clothing. She is scum. She is a war criminal, and uses dirty propaganda against progressives with the backing of the establishment media i.e. "Bernie Bros" and the same media propped Trump up and gave him 2 billion dollars in free airtime for the ratings legitimizing him and getting everyone to talk about him for 2 years straight because they thought they'd have no trouble beating him.

At this point I'd like to just say again I voted for her. I understood she would've been better for the country despite all this. It isn't Hillary. It's her entire backing of powerful people surrounding her, influencing her or just carrying out her orders, I wouldn't know, and I wouldn't care. The end results are the same. It's the entire branch of Washington that she represents and its bad fucking news. The next corporatist to try and win the democratic primary will not bare her name, but it will be the same people running the show. They are the enemy. Whatever Trump is, Hillary locked Bernie and progressivism away from us. Her and her people stole that choice away from us. They are the enemy.

FingerLakes 09-16-2017 10:06 AM

Re: the poll
 
I'm going to see Mother! today with that god awful Jennifer Lawerence. I've been reading a bit about it, about how its pretentious and meaningless but I liked that about Black Swan. I don't need a movie to be obvious. I hope it's good

Planned on seeing it (at a theater with discounted tickets) but haven't yet. I've heard mixed opinions on it.

Keith 09-16-2017 10:42 AM

It's god awful and should win a Razzie. Critics that liked it feel they should say that to appear smart. They're fuckin' liars.

Enjoy.

Bucho 09-16-2017 05:03 PM

I know you get to see all these films cheap as heck Keith, but you do these reviews often enough as a professional broadcaster/podcaster it may even be worth looking into getting accredited as a critic, then you could get access to see them free (and first) at preview/press screenings.

Of course it could be you feel it's not worth the trouble and you prefer to pay a little and get more choice in terms of exactly when you see any given film, but maybe it's worth considering from some angle. At the very least I'm sure it'd be hilarious to hear you talk about the behaviour/antics of the "fellow" critics you'd end up spending a little time with, the same as it's hilarious to hear your take on folks in the comedy world.

I meeeeeeean, shit, all I know is you're one of my favourite movie critics already, so why not make it official?

FingerLakes 09-17-2017 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 863414)
It's god awful and should win a Razzie. Critics that liked it feel they should say that to appear smart. They're fuckin' liars.

Enjoy.

You know...I liked it for about an hour.
While Michelle Phifer was on screen it was a hilariously awkward tale of an unhappy marriage and a terrible wife. There were multiple times where the whole theater was laughing like we were watching british comedy. But after the funeral, Michelle's last scene, it jumped the shark and exploded into shit.

It felt like I was watching a Let's Play of the latest Call of Duty. Just, shocking moment after shocking moment with no rhyme or reason. The bit where the You Know What gets *Spoilred* was so fucking devoid of meaning or feeling it was insulting. And the sound effect they used was just wrong. Way too loud.

(this is referring to Mother!
I hope that was obvious)

FingerLakes 09-17-2017 01:31 PM

1) Congrats to Chemda for the very first time, as far I can remember, actually having a "the title of this episode is gonna be X," actually turn out to be the title of the episode!!!


2)Well having listened to this episode I've decided not to watch IT, at least, I'm not gonna pay for...It. Part 1? Get the fuck outta here.

3)Not sure if I shared before but I started watching Don't Trust the B because of this podcast and I really love it too! James Vanderbeak is such a DILF! The woman who plays Jessica Jones is great! I LOL alot!

4) I'm enjoying all these references to Keith getting pissed on.

Gshock 09-17-2017 02:25 PM

I hope Keith watches The disaster artist, or "the room" for that matter.

rdelfin 09-17-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric M (Post 863412)
She isn't perfect? She helped to pass NAFTA...

. Bitching not valid there. NAFTA HAS BEEN BENEFICIAL for all 3 countries involved (get informed and your facts straight before fruitless and inevitable rebuttal *sigh*). Seems he's rethoric is starting to get to you. Cheers.
:eek:

Eric M 09-18-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdelfin (Post 863424)
. Bitching not valid there. NAFTA HAS BEEN BENEFICIAL for all 3 countries involved (get informed and your facts straight before fruitless and inevitable rebuttal *sigh*). Seems he's rethoric is starting to get to you. Cheers.
:eek:

Get your facts straight.. It has benefited noone but the large corporations that get cheap labor in shit countries and has cut union population by 2/3..

Scorpion 09-18-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric M (Post 863412)
... and then made it illegal for them to vote. ...

This is a state thing, she would have nothing to do with it, for example in Michigan felons do not lose the right to vote. They can't vote while in prison or while on parole but after that they can vote. Unless the crime involved something directly connected to voting, like voter fraud.

Just wanted to clarify the point, that not all people lose the right to vote after a conviction. Not that this diminishes the fact that putting a large group of people in jail for 20 years for nonviolent offenses has an effect on elections and the power structure that results.

rdelfin 09-21-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric M (Post 863431)
Get your facts straight.. It has benefited noone but the large corporations that get cheap labor in shit countries and has cut union population by 2/3..

1) Because of NAFTA, thousands of families in rural America have a way to make a decent living that otherwise would not be possible for them to achieve. It's not only co

2) Reading incendiaries headlines only does not constitute "having your facts straight". Try again.

Eric M 09-22-2017 07:08 AM

NAFTA at 20: One Million U.S. Jobs Lost, Higher Income Inequality | HuffPost

Nafta devastated our country's job and union population. This is pretty well known. You seem like an irritatingly misinformed Clinton primary voter. Educate yourself.

rdelfin 09-22-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric M (Post 863499)
NAFTA at 20: One Million U.S. Jobs Lost, Higher Income Inequality | HuffPost

Nafta devastated our country's job and union population. This is pretty well known. You seem like an irritatingly misinformed Clinton primary voter. Educate yourself.

Coffee is bad for you? I can give you 1000 links that support that opinion. Coffee is good for you? I can give you another 1000 links that say that.

Googling to "support" your ignorant opinions is not knowing the facts. Try again you misinformed TrumpO primary voter. Educate yourself.

Mermaid 09-22-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamus (Post 863437)
Regarding Hillary Clinton being fake, it is true to a degree, there is a history there. When Hillary and Bill were young, Bill lost an election in Arkansas. Afterwards, all the media could talk about was how Bill lost because of Hillary. Hillary didn't take Bill's last name. Hillary was bookish. Hillary wasn't a southern belle. Hillary wore glasses. Hillary didn't act like a proper wife.

Just sexist bullshit for months and months. Soon afterwards, she took Clinton as her last name, she dyed her hair blonde, she took off her glasses, etc.

So damn sad.

It's upsetting how people ignore the reasons behind her supposed lack of personality.

The lady has been getting misogynistic critiques on her appearance and personality for over 40 years. 20 of them for just being married to her husband.

It's why she changed her name. It's why she doesn't wear dresses. It's why she doesn't wear the colorful headbands she use to wear in the 90's. The list goes on.

All because of how these little things can and have impacted her and her husband's career.

There is a reason why she is so maticulus, calculated and sterile. She has to be.

[I notice that other women like this also get shit for "not being relatable". A famous example is Beyonce "she's so fake!" ]

flerchin 09-22-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdelfin (Post 863502)
Coffee is bad for you? I can give you 1000 links that support that opinion. Coffee is good for you? I can give you another 1000 links that say that.

Googling to "support" your ignorant opinions is not knowing the facts. Try again you misinformed TrumpO primary voter. Educate yourself.

How about one link that supports your assertion that NAFTA did what you said?

rdelfin 09-22-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flerchin (Post 863504)
How about one link that supports your assertion that NAFTA did what you said?

Is up to each individual if they choose to dwell in their own ignorance...how about you do your own research yourself? It aint my job to educate you. As very "wise" man once said: educate yourself

Eric M 09-23-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdelfin (Post 863505)
Is up to each individual if they choose to dwell in their own ignorance...how about you do your own research yourself? It aint my job to educate you. As very "wise" man once said: educate yourself

People like you are the reason we have trump now.

lizsquiz 09-26-2017 05:30 PM

So disappointed to see the poll wasn't "Which type of soup would you rather fuck?"

Keith 09-26-2017 07:45 PM

I wasn’t sure how to take different countries into account.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger