Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever lost a used condom?
Yes 11 20.75%
No 42 79.25%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree52Likes

Old 10-15-2017, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

2734: #PortraitMode

With Emily Lubin — Emily on her podcast co-host’s worse qualities; NYC subway racists and perverts; more Harvey Weinstein accusers; Amazon’s sexually inappropriate programming chief; lost condoms; Ben Affleck and Oliver Stone’s sexual misconduct; Roman Polanski’s fourth public victim; Highly Superior Autobiographical Memory; 14 family members all have 12 fingers and 12 toes; straight men prefer men over women

Guest:
Emily Lubin

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

What I don't get about the Harvey Weinstein rapes is that the people that are taking everything away from him are exactly the same people who knew of his actions and helped cover it all up. So what changed? Who else are they covering for? Why aren't they also being held accountable?
Old 10-16-2017, 01:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

"Portrait Mode"

It drove me a tiny bit crazy that Keith kept wishing for "Portrait Mode", when that is how they were already filming - vertically! I do agree with the notion - vertical filming makes my eyes scratch - horizontal filming is called Landscape Mode!! Stop spreading the fake news Keith
Old 10-16-2017, 04:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The study is from the UK - generally we here in Europe are less weird about hugs and cheek kissing hello.
I hug my male and female friends hello and goodbye and the boys do it to each other as well. And like Chemda said it’s not sexual it’s just a nice hug.

The cuddle part is strange but I wonder if that is a weird way the newspaper phrased that in the article vs what was in the paper.

And everybody should google ‘soccer player hug’ because that is delightful
The Girl and Scorpion like this.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

And then I googled ‘football players hug’ and the very first image that came up pretty much proofed my point.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Wrong

Chemda, "he doesn't know the difference between right and wrong" is a DEFENSE used in court to try to get a not-guilty verdict and/or to reduce sentences. Please don't defend the Harvey's of the world by saying they don't know the difference between right and wrong. They absolutely do.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

How to deal with rapists: Kick their teeth in and carve an R on their forehead.
Apia and jbliss like this.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Emily is pretty damn cool. Cod fax is brilliant. Hot mess is a fantastic podcast.
memecherry likes this.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
What I don't get about the Harvey Weinstein rapes is that the people that are taking everything away from him are exactly the same people who knew of his actions and helped cover it all up. So what changed? Who else are they covering for? Why aren't they also being held accountable?
Because there are a shitton of people that don’t even believe Weinstein is guilty or at least that what he did was *soooo* bad, can we get this first step done pretty please. Also have a look at what comments Ben Affleck and others who were fake outraged got.
Listen to this weeks Misandry with Marcia and Rae - we’ll get to it trust me
Scorpion likes this.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Weinstein knows that what he did was ‘wrong’ in the sense that it was illegal but he clearly thought that he was entitled to do it anyway.

Human brains are capable of that cognitive dissonance easy peasy.
Which sometimes turns out real bad (serial killer thinks he is a superhero for ridding the world of prostitutes) and other times just means Chemda is so convinced that drugs are the best thing ever that it’s not enough to just tell us that she loves taking them (which I’m fully on board with) but feels the need to regularly publicly advertise her husband selling them.
Scorpion, Apia, jbliss and 1 others like this.