Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever lost a used condom?
Yes 11 20.75%
No 42 79.25%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree52Likes

Old 10-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

#TeamCodFacts
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Male friendships

This concept of male friendship as the highest form of bonding is nothing new...think ancient Greece or 19th century America. It's interesting that it's coming around again, and at least it'll help with the current problem we have where older men wind up mega depressed and alone if they're single. Good, I say!

It's too bad that misogyny is mixed in with all this but it's not like that's anything new. Just don't fuck the women haters, easy. How do you spot them? Look for the guy with his best bud sitting in his lap.
memecherry likes this.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Yeah, I think the issue here isn't that these criminals don't know what they are doing is wrong . . . rather, they are able to justify doing wrong things. A lot of this is societally based - as a society we help teach people justifications and we perpetuate those justifications as we talk about the crime after the fact. It's also about power and the belief that if I use my power to help someone in some way, then I am justified in exerting that power over them because they aught to be grateful for my help.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I've had a restaurant owner treat me like shit over minimum wage. I imagine a movie producer is similar but worse. They put twenty million dollars in your pocket...

They own you.
memecherry, Scorpion and Binkers like this.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I've had a restaurant owner treat me like shit over minimum wage. I imagine a movie producer is similar but worse. They put twenty million dollars in your pocket...

They own you.
It's not just money, it's how easy they think you are to replace. Both restaurant and entertainment workers have a shit ton of competition, and I don't think Weistein tried this on anyone after they were A-list.

Sucks because this will only get worse as more jobs are replaced by AI. At least your robo-boss won't be interested in honking your tit/helmet...probably...
Scorpion likes this.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Weinstein got off on the whole thing. Either he'd cajole a starlet into bed, whom he could then shame and use his power to silence. Or she'd find a way to wriggle out of it, and he'd blackball her to exercise his power and dominance.

Either way, he got off on abusing his power.
memecherry and Scorpion like this.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

He knew that shit was wrong B. He just thought he could get away with it. I think the conversation got stuck on the semantics of him CARING if it's wrong or society caring if it's wrong.

I don't give a fuck. He knew that shit was wrong which is why he threatened women, silenced them and harassed them. He just had a lot of enablers alone the way who ALSO knew it was wrong and didn't give a fuck.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
He knew that shit was wrong B. He just thought he could get away with it. I think the conversation got stuck on the semantics of him CARING if it's wrong or society caring if it's wrong.

I don't give a fuck. He knew that shit was wrong which is why he threatened women, silenced them and harassed them. He just had a lot of enablers alone the way who ALSO knew it was wrong and didn't give a fuck.

Yes. Totally.

What I meant is he feels very entitled. And entitlement comes with the feeling of "nothing I do is wrong."

But maybe I just meant entitled. Not sure. But I agree with Rod's post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

While the soundbite may make him sound more pathetic than horrific, I thought it was important because of two things.
1)His, and others, methodology to threaten to ruin a person in the business if he doesn't get his way.
2) He straight up, literally, ADMITS to sexually assaulting her the day before this conversation and is like "Well I'm just used it."

--------------
I have platonically slept in the same bed as male friends.
I know straight friends who have as well. After a night of partying who the fuck wants to sleep on a floor?
I know OF two straight friends that would cuddle though I haven't witnessed it IRL myself. Their relationship is incredibly close and they show physical affection all the time though so it's not a bit leap of imagination.

That said, all those brittish dudes in the survey were fucking gay. Undergrads I believe they were? Fucking insecure kids who still think they have to trick/hunt down women.

But also that survey is trash. What kind of population is that to poll? Go ask some people who have been married/in long term relationships. What hell do those kids know about love at all, let alone comparing love from their bros to romantic love.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
But also that survey is trash. What kind of population is that to poll? Go ask some people who have been married/in long term relationships. What hell do those kids know about love at all, let alone comparing love from their bros to romantic love.
Agreed. 40-something, married, straight male here. I've never seen this behavior from any of my straight, male friends who "love each other like brothers." 1-2 second "bro-hug" hello/goodbye seems to be about the limit. And everyone seems OK with that. If I showed up at a straight buddy's house for an afternoon of watching sports-go-sports on TV to find him spooning with another straight buddy on the couch, I'd have...questions.