Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you hear a difference in Keith since he stopped drinking?
Yes 23 43.40%
No 30 56.60%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree67Likes

Old 10-25-2017, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2742: Vice

With Andrea Allan — Keith plumps up for his diet; 325 pound woman sits on niece as punishment, killing her; Keith’s life after drinking; Justin Timberlake to perform 2018’s Super Bowl halftime show; victim blaming vs. personal responsibility; catcalling defined

Guest:
Andrea Allan

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quoting myself - that’s how eloquent I’ll get today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Awwwww you though Keith would possibly maybe say he might be wrong about something. You’re so cute.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

The nutritional talk in this episode was driving me crazy. Just because something isn’t a “diet” food, doesn’t mean it’s bad for you.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Cigarettes are a very good example, because I don't think the opinion on them will ever change and we will learn that cigarettes are good for something. ...
It might. When they can cure all disease and we're living a thousand years, ciggies might become cool again and good for the image.

Athough Mr M's sincere certainty about everything can be alarming, it's clear that the difference between the church and the NFL is that the church's 'it' is what the church is for, and the NFL's 'it' is not what it's for.
Keith likes this.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Call me stubborn but I don't see cigarettes curing anything ever.
Well look at negative Nelly here. Cigarettes are great at thinning the population and reducing the cost to pensions. it's just important not to cover the heath care costs, push that off to the state.

Back to the point, the NFL lied about concussions they lied about what they knew and when the knew it and they tried to silence the truth when it was coming out. Additionally, Kieth is the only one who knew these guys were having severe and permanent brain damage from football. Doctors and scientists around the country where shocked. The NFL almost killed the story but additional doctors had read the study and did their own research and many others came out and said this kind of brain damage couldn't be caused by just playing football. This study was and is a big deal and Kieth saying he knew is just bullshit after the fact.

Is Keith a piece of shit for watching football, eh I don't think so.
I think to an extent though calling football players pieces of shit for beating their wives and girlfriends might also be unfair. This brain damage makes them more aggressive, violent and easily angered as well as causing depression and suicidal thoughts. What I'm saying is the player themselves are victims of a condition they can't control. There is no drug to fix this. The fact that NFL players disproportionately have a history of domestic violence and rape is not surprising considering the number of NFL players who have this type of brain damage. The players are victims as well and the NFL perpetuated a lie and tried to suppress the truth to benefit their pocketbooks JUST like the cigarette companies.
jcro21 and Mermaid like this.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

Since it's Psychoanalyze Keet Day, I definitely hear a difference. I don't know if you'll like it so much but before you were sober, you were pretty much even Steven in terms of how you came across on the show. (Your mood, voice, cadence etc) and now it seems like I can hear your moods come through where they didn't before. Like if you're having an off day it seems a little more evident in your voice, or if you're super happy it shows through as well. I guess you're more naked now, which makes sense bc alcohol does tend to lay a big ole blanket of numb across everything all the time.

What I'm saying is that if you're gonna be naked in front of all of us all the time hurry up and get that fucken scale, cakeface.

Oh also:
I feel you on the quitting easy stuff. I've had the same experience. Two months and I've really had no issues, which was why I stopped going to AA. I couldn't at all connect with it being hard to stop drinking, I just stopped and it was fine, so anything I could say in there just made me feel like an asshole. "I'm liz and maybe I really never was an alcoholic... life's great and it has been since day one!" WHERES OUR GROUPPPPPPP?
jcro21 and Scorpion like this.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Before you say it Chemda,
Yes everyone should go to a meeting for something.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Do you hear a difference in Keith since he stopped drinking?

I surely can't vote on this one till I hear the episode. I hear a difference only in that Keith has had a revelation of sorts on his feelings on drinking. I hear no difference in "Keith".

-scott
thirteen likes this.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
And about football.
Isn't it in your country that especially black boys are into football ( I'm a European AND dont care about sports)?
I read 70% of the players are black.
So this is an area where they can have more success than in other parts of the economy, it's not like 70% of the CEOs are black.

So young black boys want to be pro players because it's a possibility to succeed and make money, easier for them then other paths. And this also means success and money for their families.
And now we don't care about their brain damage? Hm.....
I tried to express this point but couldn't find the words. College is expensive, poorer people and in this country that means disproportionately minority population look for scholarships.
Academic scholarships look at test scores as a big part of qualification.
Our standardized tests have proven to skew in favor of white middle/upper class. So minorities need to look to athletic or music scholarships in order to pay for college.
That is a big reason if not the reason most professional football and basketball players are black. Baseball and hockey don't use colleges as a recruiting tool, they have their own minor leagues to build and identify future players. Not that athletic scholarships are not available for baseball and hockey but there are not as many and hockey is very expensive not a sport for poor people.
Mermaid likes this.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Cigarettes, football, etc

About the conversation at the 20 minute mark, going over football, cigarettes, etc etc...all I hear is that Keith is arguing in favor of taking personal responsibility instead of a victim mentality. Like his philosophy that if you come from a shitty town, just move. Take charge of your life!
Keith likes this.