Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you learned something meaningful on psychedelics?
Yes, they've taught me something 12 21.05%
No, they've taught me nothing 15 26.32%
I've never taken psychedelics 30 52.63%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree18Likes

Old 05-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

2186: Have a Nice Day

with Mark Normand and Danny Hatch – Working for Amy Schumer; learning lessons on psychedelics; Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner split; the Boston Marathon bomber dies June 24; George Pataki running for president; The Rock sets Guinness world record for selfies; Tom Hardy takes back revelation that he’s enjoyed men; Bon Jovi rediscovered; Danny’s subway fight; Jen Kirkman on Louis C.K.’s sexual indiscretions; Hillary Clinton’s religious background

Guests:
Danny Hatch

Mark Normand

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

"Stay sick. Don't get well." -- The Mountain Goats (shut up.)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

It feels like you're coming to endless epiphanies about life while tripping, but try to describe what you learned to someone and you'll probably sound dumb. It's a personal experience. And there really is nothing significant you learn. It can certainly brighten your mood for a while though. This is all assuming you end up in a good trip though.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

What'd you learn?
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
It feels like you're coming to endless epiphanies about life while tripping, but try to describe what you learned to someone and you'll probably sound dumb. It's a personal experience.
It's like Doctor Who. A friend of a friend turned out to be a fan too, and we were trying to explain it to the mutual friend who hadn't watched it why it's amazing...but the more we explained the more we realized how dumb it sounds. BUT ITS AN AMAZING SHOW

>.>
Old 05-30-2015, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
What'd you learn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
And there really is nothing significant you learn.
The best thing I could say is your confidence and self esteem are skyrocketed. But Jack Daniels can do the same thing. And this is assuming it goes well. Mushrooms brought me some of the happiest memories that I have. They also brought me the very worst day of my entire life on my 23rd birthday and so I can't touch any hallucinogens anymore for fear of going back to that place.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Louie CK

Im going to skip an extensive "anti-sexual assualt" preamble. Obviously its wrong.

However, there is still no one verifiable saying Louie has done anything criminal. In fact, Mark Normand's story should lead one to believe that he has a weird fetish that turns women off. But no part of his story indicated that it wasn't consensual.

Even Jen Kirkman's story indicated that a comedic colleague (probably Louie) made her "super uncomfortable" and was married at the time. It could just be that she knows what hes into when he is dating/courting/whatever (the jerking off in front of a companion) and he probably hit on her and she felt uncomfortable, just like a lot of people who have to reject a flirt/solicitation/whatever feel.

Not one person has come forward saying the guy did anything criminal. We heard some third/fourth hand story of a girl or two? who came back to his hotel with him after a show and said he jerked off.

Couldn't he have just been getting somewhere consensually, and when things escalated hes like "hey I know its weird but this is kinda my thing", and the girl responds "What no! thats totally gross" and bails? (she probably did it more mellow than that) Then the girl tells a story of how he "tried to jerk off on her".

For as progressive and liberal as you guys are with peoples hangups and fetishes. It probably because of Cosby but its odd how you are glossing over details that would distinguish him between an odd dude who weirds girls out sometimes because of his fetish. Some are probably up for it. It sounds like Normand's friend was and then later regretted it or wanted to shame Louie (kinda lame actually, she didn't have to be intimate or whatever with him, and then goes and tells her friends what a weirdo he is after she participates)

Anyway, there is just no evidence at all of him doing anything criminal. I don't understand his particular fetish, but I don't have to. Dude likes it weird, less weird than a lot of people. We just don't know the whole story and to jump the gun makes you guys sound dumb and you are helping ruin a mans reputation through gossip.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Between the guest I defended being shit on daily, on-air, and Louie turning out to be a predator after all, I have to admit that I was wrong and should shut up.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn View Post
Between the guest I defended being shit on daily, on-air, and Louie turning out to be a predator after all, I have to admit that I was wrong and should shut up.
Explain exactly how he is a predator.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codefendant View Post
It could just be that she knows what hes into when he is dating/courting/whatever (the jerking off in front of a companion) and he probably hit on her and she felt uncomfortable, just like a lot of people who have to reject a flirt/solicitation/whatever feel.

We heard some third/fourth hand story of a girl or two? who came back to his hotel with him after a show and said he jerked off.

Couldn't he have just been getting somewhere consensually, and when things escalated hes like "hey I know its weird but this is kinda my thing", and the girl responds "What no! thats totally gross" and bails? (she probably did it more mellow than that) Then the girl tells a story of how he "tried to jerk off on her".

Anyway, there is just no evidence at all of him doing anything criminal..
you know you just made those two scenarios up. is your head canon more credible than someone who was in the room?
Keith likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
you know you just made those two scenarios up. is your head canon more credible than someone who was in the room?
I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean. Who was in what room? And what exactly did they say happened?

And yes I did pose those scenarios as reasonable possibilities. That's why the burden of proof in a criminal case is "beyond a reasonable doubt". The burden should be on the people calling him a predator to provide evidence that something criminal happened, not on anyone else to prove something didn't.

And if its the third hand story of the girls in his room after the show you mean:

Let them say something in any forum thats verifiable. And then you will have one persons story. Comparing Louie to Cosby is what is happening here and that is insane.
Huan_BK likes this.

Last edited by codefendant; 05-30-2015 at 08:49 PM.