Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you always know when you are awake?
Yes 44 84.62%
No 8 15.38%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree105Likes

Old 11-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2747: Casting Couch

with Kyle Ayers and Andrea Allan – Not knowing when you’re awake; edible overdoses; giving edibles to kids for Halloween; Jigsaw and Thank You for Your Service reviewed; Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp calls Kevin Spacey out for attempted pedophilia and Spacey’s disgusting non-apology; Louis C.K.’s new age-inappropriate sexual movie amid predatory allegations; Marilyn Manson fired Twiggy Ramirez over a rape allegation from Jack Off Jill’s Jessicka Addams; Annabella Sciorra’s rape by Harvey Weinstein; Selma Blair sexually assaulted by director James Toback; Andrea Allan on rape and predators in the comedy industry

Guests:
Andrea Allan

Kyle Ayers

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Scorpion and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I will not watch the movie cause as Apia said, i am done with Louie, also cause his last special proved that he aint even funny in stand up.

As for his movies, i think this one was supposed to be , indirectly about woody allen. As in Louie is a fan of Allen and cant reconciliate with the fact that allen is a Pedophile and rapist so he make a black and white movie about it.

Artist. We need camps for those.
Scorpion and Apia like this.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I think two things.

1. You were 18

2. Where's a link to these pics?!
Old 11-02-2017, 07:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I think any guy with a camera asking random female strangers is suspect. He went to your mom's house??? SUPER creepy. They have restraining orders in Deutschland?

Hey you said something interesting. You thought, "Is there even a job?" There are scammer/ creeps online who offer photography/ make you a model etc. more people, ( especially younger women) should be aware.

There's no job. Just a creep with a camera.
Scorpion likes this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 11-02-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
What do you all think about this situation? I always feel dirty thinking about it.
You should not feel dirty. He manipulated you, he is a scum bag. If you take anything from this it should not be feeling dirty it's knowing now you have to stick to your guns. If you feel like "no" say "no" and let that be the end of it. It's not being nice to say yes to something you don't feel comfortable doing, that's him being a manipulative fuck. I feel like from what I know of you, that you have gotten there already but that's it. Don't feel dirty because some scum bag was able to manipulate you into doing something you didn't want to do. He's a scum bag and that's the end of it.
Apia likes this.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I think any guy with a camera asking random female strangers is suspect. He went to your mom's house??? SUPER creepy. They have restraining orders in Deutschland?

Hey you said something interesting. You thought, "Is there even a job?" There are scammer/ creeps online who offer photography/ make you a model etc. more people, ( especially younger women) should be aware.

There's no job. Just a creep with a camera.
I wonder if he hurt someone, I hope he never got the chance. He is really fucked up.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

I came here with two minutes left in the show to say that instead of wondering if it's ok to watch the sports with Ray, Keith should talk to him about changing his behavior and base his decision on Ray's reaction. Leave Andrea out of it.

But then that's what everyone else told Keith but I'm already logged in, so I'll just add another voice to the chorus.

More men than not have done some level of unwanted bullshit. I think in cases where society has blurred lines, we are now unblurring them. You can separate the good ones from the bad ones by how they take responsibility for past actions and what they plan to do going forward.

Additionally, men that do take responsibility should have no expectation that the women (or people of any gender) that they have affected in this way, will want them back in their lives. Logically, I can be happy that a dude made the decision to change, doesn't make the bad feelings stop when I see them. On the other hand, I can feel comfortable with a man that has engaged in unwanted behavior (to a certain point, like, I don't want to be friends with a reformed violent, child, or serial rapist ) NOT toward me, and has taken responsibility to change.

There are a lot more nuances than I listed, like what about x offense, or what if the person he hurt was my best friend, etc. Etc. But this post is already too long.
Lanfear, amnesiac and snowflake like this.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

I just finished listening to this episode.

I don't understand how this continues to be an issue when it's been public for so long. Every coed college and university has a horrible record for the number of rapes that happen and this has not gotten any better since I went way back in 1987. Yet here we are in 2017 and we are just starting to get some traction on this issue. I hope it gets called out more and more people have to deal with what they did to another person.

Andrea,
I'm sorry men did this to you. I don't want to sound like even one man who does this is OK, BUT clearly there are WAY too many men who are doing these horrible things to women like you. This sucks that it happened to you, it happens way often to way too many women. Remember that it was not and is not your fault. You are a person who should be respected regardless of the situation or how you got to the situation. It's horrendous and should not happen.
amnesiac and Apia like this.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Andrea: "Why are we beating a dead dick about it?"

HA! I really want this to be a new thing people say. Please, please, pretty please make this happen!
amnesiac, snowflake and Apia like this.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

This conversation is so intense when the room is mixed.

I think I'd be hard pressed to find a woman who has never been in an uncomfortable sexual situation with a man.

That's what makes the conversations so uncomfortable in mixed company.

If every woman has experienced it at some point in her life, that means a lot of men are doing it, have done it, or are friends/family with men who do it.

That's also the scary part about rape statistics. If there are a shit ton of people being raped, than there are also a shit ton of rapist.
Scorpion, snowflake, Apia and 1 others like this.