Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2748: School’s Out (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2748-school-s-out-20766/)

Michael's Servant 11-03-2017 11:00 AM

2748: School’s Out

Andy Dick fired from a movie over multiple sexual assaults; Kevin Spacey’s pedophile-based predatory behavior referenced in Family Guy in 2005; man leaps to death after argument with wife; MSNBC’s Mark Halperin fired over 12 sexual assaults; stealthing; grade school dildo parties; is school important?; Stupidity News; Wendy Williams passes out on live TV; an Israeli bar offers 25% discount for period-havers

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Furious Stylz 11-03-2017 01:40 PM

Hi/Low

Was listening to the show today and heard you mention a "Hi/Low" app was in development. Thought I would share:

I'm a Hi/Low expert. (What? I'll explain.) I am blessed with a daughter and two sons. Over the last decade, Hi/Low has been a regular feature of our family dinner conversation. My wife of 20 years has always insisted and demanded that we eat dinner as a family; a habit that was new to me, but now I value. When I started listening to KaTG, I brought Hi/Low into our conversations (among other things).

Hi/Low has been a valuable tool for engaging with our kids and to hear about their day, their school, their worries, their victories, and their values. As they've gotten older, the sophistication and content of their Hi/Low has changed, but the time spent and the conversation has always been priceless. It's given them permission to talk about what concerns them personally. Just as important - they get a turn. Everyone plays. Everyone shares.

And yeah... you have to share a low. If your "low" is kinda good, you had a great day. If you "high" is kinda bad, you had a shitty day. (Sorry to Keith's ex, but the game only works with a low. It's a game about context.)

So Thank You Keith and Chemda. Just another example of how your show ripples out and affects people beyond the listeners.

Jmsmittyroad 11-03-2017 05:37 PM

In my Master's program I learned about the theory of developmental contextualism in my developmental psych class. It took me three weeks and a lot of effort to wrap my mind around the concept. I think that pushed out all the other crap I learned.

ahungryninja 11-04-2017 04:14 AM

I think it has to be said Logan would die if he was decapitated, he would not regenerate.

Mermaid 11-04-2017 11:55 AM

Idk I remember when kids would transfer over from homeschooling or even private schools to my public school they'd be behind us and super socially awkward.

There weren't any bullies in my classes so we'd try to relate to them and ask them about homeschoolingand stuff to get them involved. But it was always a little bit of a struggle.

Kids who came from other public schools were able to jump right in like they'd been there the whole time.

Enunciated Piffle 11-04-2017 12:56 PM

School doesn't matter. It's a fact. Everything you need to know is a quick 3-5 minute How To youtube video away.

Fix your shower caddy. How to boil an egg. EVERYTHING!!!

Mermaid 11-04-2017 01:18 PM

That's a good point.

At school you meet a bunch of people with different life experiences and views than you.

You can find "your people" and not feel alone anymore.

Mermaid 11-04-2017 01:36 PM

That's what happened to my childhood friend.

Her parents took her out of public school and made her go to home school at their church.

She wasn't allowed to watch Rugrats or Hey Arnold. (that upset me greatly lol)

I went to church with her sometimes and both her parents and her church members were well meaning racists.

"I like you. You aren't like the black girls at my school." - her mom, a middle school math teacher at an all black school

Keith 11-04-2017 01:39 PM

It is part of the plan that my home school wouldn't be run by white power enthusiasts. That's in our top 7 bylaws easily.

It may sound offensive it's not #1, but I think not having teachers into pedophilia is pretty high on the list also.

There's no way to win while writing the bylaws. People seem to think the order of who not to be teachers is written in order of importance, but they are all of grave importance.

Junkenstein 11-05-2017 03:41 AM

Are we only addressing racial equality? Cause the white gal seems like she is a bit of a phony.