Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Chemda taking too many vitamins/pitamins?
Yes 50 80.65%
No 12 19.35%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree83Likes

Old 11-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #31 (permalink)

Something about nutrition makes people go to the extremes.

It's like pimp my ride but with people's bodies.

You like oxygen!? Well, we put oxygen in your oxygen so you'll have MORE OXYGEN!
Sparrow and shoebootie like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:01 AM   #32 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Talking

I'm currently studying nutrition so vaguely know what I'm talking about...

Too many supplements is not good. As people have already said, you can OD on some if you exceed the upper tolerable limit. Vits A, D, E and K are fat soluble so any excess is stored in fat so you shouldn't need to take loads of these as you'll have a store. The rest are water soluble so you'll end up peeing out all the extra.

You should also try to get all your nutrition in the form of food. Supplements are there to supplement your diet, not instead of. So if you do find you're low on something try adding it to what you eat (I'm low on iron so make sure I eat red meat once or twice a week). Having your turmeric is great as that's food, rather than a pill. Non food stuff isn't as easily absorbed either, so you're not actually taking in as much as you think. Some vits are really hard to get from food alone, like vit D, so during the autumn and winter a supplement can be a good idea. But you should still try enhancing your levels with eggs and oily fish.

Get hubbyface to research food instead and cook for you every day. He'll like that
Old 11-22-2017, 07:05 AM   #33 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Also, Chemda was right about doctors not knowing anything about nutrition. They jump way too quickly to medication when it's not needed
Old 11-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #34 (permalink)

A quick "not for everybody" warning - for some, salicylate intolerance means the following cures might make you feel worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
when i'm sick i drink this: the juice of half a lemon, a hunk of ginger, several cloves of crushed garlic, local honey, cayenne, tumeric, and the herbal tea of ones choosing.

Tumeric is an anti inflammatory, combined with black pepper it can help increase your white blood cells!!!!!

... as an asthmatic, my inhaler doesn't always work. so i'll take anything i can to help breathe. like eating more raw onioins.
snowflake likes this.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

How do you soft boil a clitoris?

Well, to hard boil an egg you only put it in for 7 minutes...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinquinn View Post
A quick "not for everybody" warning - for some, salicylate intolerance means the following cures might make you feel worse.
ope! i didn't know about that condition! i think everyone's body is different but thats why we all should know our bodies and our selves and research nutrition. i agree w porky that we need to get vitamins and nutrients from food. obvi, if you have krohns or saliyacs or an allergy my diet won't work for you. thanks for the post! : )
Old 12-29-2017, 09:00 AM   #37 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
Hey Chemdawg,
I voted that you take too many pills, and then I was like... well she *did* say Glucosamine helped her a lot... so I went out and bought a bottle hoping it'll help my shoulders. ...
WELL! How about an update, it's been a month and a half how are your shoulders? Feeling any different? Gooder or worseer?
Keith and astrokahn like this.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:17 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
WELL! How about an update, it's been a month and a half how are your shoulders? Feeling any different? Gooder or worseer?
Well I took the glycosamine for two days and then I forgot after that. So worser.

ITS ONE OF MY RESOLUTIONS

To like, do things on the regular. Now that I know I'm being held accountable for an update, I will start taking them Jan 1 and report back Feb 1 bc if shit doesn't help in a month it's probably garbage. Right?
Old 12-30-2017, 09:48 PM   #39 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Don’t start them now. You need to really be ready.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:56 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Don’t start them now. You need to really be ready.
I'm in another state and I refuse to buy 200 more pills that I will probably also forget to take after the next two day binge.