Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is hanging up on somebody as a goof the funniest thing in the world?
Yes 7 15.22%
No 39 84.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree36Likes

Old 11-21-2017, 03:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Explain, please.
The guys who work down at the docks often do manual labor/physical type jobs. Like welding, electrical work, heavy equipment operators etc.

(Or they work offshore on an oil rig for months at a time.)

These are the kind of jobs that get the women down here wet cause they got a hard working man who comes home with rough hands and dirty fingernails to put food on the table.

Very stereotypically manly.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahungryninja View Post
Also the reason Marvel movies have more humor and entertaining to watch is because Marvel Studios hires fans of the comics where DC hires good directors
Lol is Zack Snyder a good director now? (I guess Christopher Nolan counts as one)

Also Joss Whedon, who directed the Avengers, had a part directing the latest Justice League movie. The studio brought him in last minute to add some of that trademarked Marvel humor, which I hear was poorly done.

Why are the new DC movies so bad??? I watched Batman VS Superman and almost everything about it stunk, the acting, the dialogue, the friggin cinematography. I don't even know what cinematography means and I couldn't comment on it in most movies I see, but B VS S looked SO BAD.
kevinquinn likes this.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Dustin is a catch. I hope he's a marathon guest.

Loved this episode.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

WHY DID NOBODY WRITE NUMBERS ON SLIPS OF PAPER IN THIS EPISODE?
lizsquiz and astrokahn like this.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've heard that the reason you have movies like Get Out nominated as comedy/musical is because the studios think they have a better chance of winning in that category. That's why you see movies like The Martian (which should've really been in the drama category) going up against more traditional comedies like Trainwreck.

Similarly, in 2014 Orange Is The New Black was nominated in the drama category. However since then, it's been in the comedy or musical category because there is less competition.

Of course this does suck for actual comedies because they then have less of a chance to win. It just backs up what Keith's been saying for years about how comedies aren't respected in these award shows.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Dustin is sweet....

Run, run far run fast
Old 11-30-2017, 10:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
Also Joss Whedon, who directed the Avengers, had a part directing the latest Justice League movie. The studio brought him in last minute to add some of that trademarked Marvel humor, which I hear was poorly done.
Joss volunteered to help finish the movie when Snyder's daughter died during production.

//

Get Out wasn't *nominated* as a comedy, ie no academy called it a comedy and said that, the production company submitted it as such to get it to the academy. it can still be brought up as a horror film during the actual awards. Tons of studios submit films in funny ways to get their movies into the first step of the process.

//
Not to change anyone's mind but I liked the seriousness of Justice League. The humor in Thor was *almost* too forced (and again I liked Thor). I liked JL being a movie about broken ass people trying to bring back the one guy who is better than then and will help them be less terrible. I was pissed Ben Afflek never took off his shirt. His bat costume looked like it came from party city.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 11-30-2017 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

JL is 41% on rotten tomatoes. I almost ALMOST went (cuz Gal Gadot) but...it’s like after Christopher Nolan’s perfect Batman replaced with Ben affleck - it makes a comic fan weep. weep!!!
Old 11-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

my expectations were low but I liked it. Gal got a decent amount of screen time & even just the color correction made it a step up from the previous Snyder flicks.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Did you like Wonder Woman?
It's worth a matinee viewing if at all.

Nolan's Batman would never form the Justice League, so I get that they needed another version of the Bat. And there are ever so many versions of him in the comics.
BUT if you are really a stickler for comic lore don't watch it at all because they do super double down on the whole "Batman never uses a gun thing" that got so many people pissed in BVS (and again, i fucking hated BvS). I fucking lol'd seeing it