Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you been sexually harassed at work?
I'm a woman, and yes 9 25.71%
I'm a man, and yes 4 11.43%
No 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree17Likes

Old 11-27-2017, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2763: Shared Feelings

with Chelsea Dallas Falato – Trump says ‘Grab ‘em by the pussy’ audio is faked and claims Time wanted him again as Person of the Year but he declined; Will Louis C.K. be O.K.?; Saudi Arabia’s robot with citizenship; Charlie Rose’s sexual assault; That 70s Show’s Danny Masterson accused of multiple rape; Wendy vs. McDonald’s

Guest:
Chelsea Dallas Falato

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Chemda there is a reason many people are concerned about domestic lone wolf attacks from Islamic extremists more than other religions. If you're going to reference the numbers please frame them on a 'per religious population' basis rather than 'total in the US'.

The example of Mohammed in the Quran makes it harder for moderate muslims to disown/denigrate muslim extremists or say they are 'acting not in accordance with Mohammed's teachings' (he was a warlord that spread his faith with the sword). Whereas at least in Christianity, the example of Jesus is basically as a hippy who got crucified, so the actions of christian mass shooters can be condemned as being un-christian.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 11-28-2017 at 04:33 AM.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Private Zones

Interesting listening to this episode as today I have taught a class of 5 & 6 year olds - in Australia - about privacy and private zones.

This lesson was about how we have green zones on our body, which are our hands. It is ok to shake hands or High 5 or fist bump. But we have red zones, our private areas. These are explained to the children as those areas we cover when we go to the beach or the pool. These areas are not to be shown to other people and no-one is allowed to touch these areas.

These children understand this concept. Those who break the rules do so deliberately.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
Chemda there is a reason many people are concerned about domestic lone wolf attacks from Islamic extremists more than other religions. If you're going to reference the numbers please frame them on a 'per religious population' basis rather than 'total in the US'.

The example of Mohammed in the Qoran makes it harder for moderate muslims to disown/denigrate muslim extremists or say they are 'acting not in accordance with Mohammed's teachings' (he was a warlord that spread his faith with the sword). Whereas at least in Christianity, the example of Jesus is basically as a hippy who got crucified, so the actions of christian mass shooters can be condemned as being un-christian.
this is a lot of bullshit. people are more concerned about islamic extremists b/c they're fucking dumb and racist. no, let's not reframe it to make islamic attacks sound like they're on par with our white conservative extremism problem stateside.

have you ever been to church or read the bible? there's nothing hippy dippy about the fire and brimstone crowd. these assholes are afraid of brown people.

also, as per the poll question, i was sexually harassed recently at a job! officiating a wedding! right before the ceremony! by the venue owner, a rich white Christian man! God won't help us, ladies, from his followers.
The Girl, Lanfear, Miosio and 1 others like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
this is a lot of bullshit. people are more concerned about islamic extremists b/c they're fucking dumb and racist. no, let's not reframe it to make islamic attacks sound like they're on par with our white conservative extremism problem stateside.

have you ever been to church or read the bible? there's nothing hippy dippy about the fire and brimstone crowd. these assholes are afraid of brown people.
Look I agree that those people are indeed all dumb and racist and a lot of their problematic beliefs come from the old testament. I probably shouldn't have made the comment about the context of US stats when I'm talking broadly for the west.

There is a serious totalitarian nature in the way the Quran is written, 'mohammed is the last prophet etc.' and I understand your experience where christian fundamentalists is vaster than mine so maybe I don't quite see quite as far down the rabbit hole as you.
My opinion is based off testimony I've read and heard from people like the Ex-Muslims of North America https://www.exmna.org/ and other widely documented problems like
the honour killing of women and the consequences of the implementation of Sharia Law.
The %s of Muslims in western countries that are for Sharia Law, women obeying the husbands and that think homosexuality should be flat out illegal are higher than the %s I've seen for self purported Christians in the west.

The point about the Quran I was trying to make is that as far as practical strategies go for the progress towards a secular Islam, many people have pointed out that a major obstacle is the semantics by which it makes it difficult for moderate muslims to condemn extremist muslims.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 11-28-2017 at 04:55 AM.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Ice cream machine

The ice cream machine is often "broken" near closing time or when it needs to be refiled. Cleaning it takes about half an hour so, no one wants to start that after closing and the thing is a pain in the ass to refill and stuff during hours. No one wants to be put on that machine. So, naturally it's often "broken". Wendy's just up and admits they shut it down and cleaned it and wont serve Frosty's close to closing. Wendy's also cooks the hamburgers ahead of time and keeps them inside a stainless steel bin on the grill. SO FRESH!

I thought when many of these locations switched to 24 hours the machines would be running more often but it seems that hasn't changed much.
kevinquinn likes this.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

just overheard "ice cream machine is down" at lunch today - happens afternoon & evening here too - I've never been to a fast food place near closing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
The ice cream machine is often "broken" near closing time or when it needs to be refiled.
The Girl likes this.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

re Letterman, from 2009 And the Corden report? I'll let you decide if it should be in the same league as the others.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligula View Post
I'm just so tired of people using empty identity politics rhetoric to shut down conversation.
ya know, there are more than a few folks here in my hills that have bunkers full of weapons and ammunition. i see 3 per center tattoos around. it is not empty identity politics. it's literal bunkers full of weapons and ammunition and people who are /psyched/ to have an excuse to use them just, ya know, in my backyard. good Christian white folks with good Christian children who can shoot better than you and stand for our national anthem.
Mermaid likes this.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

All this sexual harassment stuff makes me sad for Pee Wee Herman.
Scorpion and Lanfear like this.