Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2763: Shared Feelings (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2763-shared-feelings-20792/)

Keith 11-27-2017 07:32 PM

2763: Shared Feelings

with Chelsea Dallas Falato – Trump says ‘Grab ‘em by the pussy’ audio is faked and claims Time wanted him again as Person of the Year but he declined; Will Louis C.K. be O.K.?; Saudi Arabia’s robot with citizenship; Charlie Rose’s sexual assault; That 70s Show’s Danny Masterson accused of multiple rape; Wendy vs. McDonald’s

Guest:
Chelsea Dallas Falato
http://static-1.keithandthegirl.net/...TO-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Jo_Culprit 11-27-2017 11:25 PM

Chemda there is a reason many people are concerned about domestic lone wolf attacks from Islamic extremists more than other religions. If you're going to reference the numbers please frame them on a 'per religious population' basis rather than 'total in the US'.

The example of Mohammed in the Quran makes it harder for moderate muslims to disown/denigrate muslim extremists or say they are 'acting not in accordance with Mohammed's teachings' (he was a warlord that spread his faith with the sword). Whereas at least in Christianity, the example of Jesus is basically as a hippy who got crucified, so the actions of christian mass shooters can be condemned as being un-christian.

ausprin 11-28-2017 04:27 AM

Private Zones

Interesting listening to this episode as today I have taught a class of 5 & 6 year olds - in Australia - about privacy and private zones.

This lesson was about how we have green zones on our body, which are our hands. It is ok to shake hands or High 5 or fist bump. But we have red zones, our private areas. These are explained to the children as those areas we cover when we go to the beach or the pool. These areas are not to be shown to other people and no-one is allowed to touch these areas.

These children understand this concept. Those who break the rules do so deliberately.

Sparrow 11-28-2017 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit (Post 864760)
Chemda there is a reason many people are concerned about domestic lone wolf attacks from Islamic extremists more than other religions. If you're going to reference the numbers please frame them on a 'per religious population' basis rather than 'total in the US'.

The example of Mohammed in the Qoran makes it harder for moderate muslims to disown/denigrate muslim extremists or say they are 'acting not in accordance with Mohammed's teachings' (he was a warlord that spread his faith with the sword). Whereas at least in Christianity, the example of Jesus is basically as a hippy who got crucified, so the actions of christian mass shooters can be condemned as being un-christian.

this is a lot of bullshit. people are more concerned about islamic extremists b/c they're fucking dumb and racist. no, let's not reframe it to make islamic attacks sound like they're on par with our white conservative extremism problem stateside.

have you ever been to church or read the bible? there's nothing hippy dippy about the fire and brimstone crowd. these assholes are afraid of brown people.

also, as per the poll question, i was sexually harassed recently at a job! officiating a wedding! right before the ceremony! by the venue owner, a rich white Christian man! God won't help us, ladies, from his followers.

Jo_Culprit 11-28-2017 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 864763)
this is a lot of bullshit. people are more concerned about islamic extremists b/c they're fucking dumb and racist. no, let's not reframe it to make islamic attacks sound like they're on par with our white conservative extremism problem stateside.

have you ever been to church or read the bible? there's nothing hippy dippy about the fire and brimstone crowd. these assholes are afraid of brown people.

Look I agree that those people are indeed all dumb and racist and a lot of their problematic beliefs come from the old testament. I probably shouldn't have made the comment about the context of US stats when I'm talking broadly for the west.

There is a serious totalitarian nature in the way the Quran is written, 'mohammed is the last prophet etc.' and I understand your experience where christian fundamentalists is vaster than mine so maybe I don't quite see quite as far down the rabbit hole as you.
My opinion is based off testimony I've read and heard from people like the Ex-Muslims of North America https://www.exmna.org/ and other widely documented problems like
the honour killing of women and the consequences of the implementation of Sharia Law.
The %s of Muslims in western countries that are for Sharia Law, women obeying the husbands and that think homosexuality should be flat out illegal are higher than the %s I've seen for self purported Christians in the west.

The point about the Quran I was trying to make is that as far as practical strategies go for the progress towards a secular Islam, many people have pointed out that a major obstacle is the semantics by which it makes it difficult for moderate muslims to condemn extremist muslims.

Scorpion 11-28-2017 09:46 AM

Ice cream machine

The ice cream machine is often "broken" near closing time or when it needs to be refiled. Cleaning it takes about half an hour so, no one wants to start that after closing and the thing is a pain in the ass to refill and stuff during hours. No one wants to be put on that machine. So, naturally it's often "broken". Wendy's just up and admits they shut it down and cleaned it and wont serve Frosty's close to closing. Wendy's also cooks the hamburgers ahead of time and keeps them inside a stainless steel bin on the grill. SO FRESH!

I thought when many of these locations switched to 24 hours the machines would be running more often but it seems that hasn't changed much.

kevinquinn 11-28-2017 02:41 PM

just overheard "ice cream machine is down" at lunch today - happens afternoon & evening here too - I've never been to a fast food place near closing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion (Post 864770)
The ice cream machine is often "broken" near closing time or when it needs to be refiled.

kevinquinn 11-28-2017 02:43 PM

re Letterman, from 2009 And the Corden report? I'll let you decide if it should be in the same league as the others.

Sparrow 11-28-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaligula (Post 864773)
I'm just so tired of people using empty identity politics rhetoric to shut down conversation.

ya know, there are more than a few folks here in my hills that have bunkers full of weapons and ammunition. i see 3 per center tattoos around. it is not empty identity politics. it's literal bunkers full of weapons and ammunition and people who are /psyched/ to have an excuse to use them just, ya know, in my backyard. good Christian white folks with good Christian children who can shoot better than you and stand for our national anthem.

astrokahn 11-28-2017 05:41 PM

All this sexual harassment stuff makes me sad for Pee Wee Herman.

Scorpion 11-29-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaligula (Post 864773)

The above figures exclude 9/11, obviously or Islamic terror would simply dwarf non-Islamic terror.
The fact that there is a group which calls itself a state, occupies territory, and has supported massacres like the Bataclan also helps. That the only groups likely to deploy WMD on U.S. soil almost all happen to be Islamic may be another factor.

And if the figures went back to 1776 and included the slaughter of Native Americans and Slaves we would see a huge spike that 9/11 would still not have touched. How you dice your data always has an affect on the results, we could go back to Columbus or we could stop at WWII, or start at the Spanish Inquisition or the Crusades but Christians usually dismiss such comparisons as if the affects are so long ago it has no affect on today. The colonization of the world by white christian nations has certainly inflicted plenty of terror on the native populations and left a lasting mark. But I guess it's not terrorism if a nation's military does it?

Sparrow 11-29-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaligula (Post 864816)
I don't mean to demean your experience. Thank you for engaging with me so civilly as always.

Racism and stupidity are definitely dominant contributary factors in that group. They're extremely safe from terror and having an "other" enemy is a lot of fun.

I'm not trying to spread a message of hate, or to deny the stupid and racist elements that definitely exist and are worth discussing. Just to accurately represent the spectrum of reality.

i'm making efforts to be less of a dick about things.

what i'm hearing from you is that at present globally the extremist Islam folks, ya know the folks blowing up shrines and whatnot, are the more pressing big scope problem whereas you feel white supremacy and Christian extremism isn't as urgent or active or destructive, which i will disagree with. for me, i'm not trying to derail your conversation, i'm acknowledging there is a similar problem in our hands we have power to do something about. and there's probably some baggage and soft spot-edness on my end being from the culture growing these fuckwads. there was a KKK hung on a building in the downtown square here and there was a shocking lot of turning a blind eye to these kind of antics. it's hard for me to downplay or let go of a shrug to its significance. this isn't good ole boy fun, a hoy hoy stupid dumb dumbs. they have an arsenal. it's normalized to a surreal degree. christ, their brother ilk occupied a federal bird sanctuary what was it last year? shrug. they turned weaponry on the National Guard. silence. it emboldens them.

can my European babies touch on this from y'alls experience with the wave of zealous nationalist white creepo bullshit going on there? especially in the wake of Brexit.

Sparrow 11-29-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaligula (Post 864845)
I'm trying to counter thought-terminating clichés. An explanation of a phenomenon should be parsimonious, predictive, precise, accurate and have explanatory power within a defined range.

Saying "racism", or similar isn't good enough unless these factors can be quantified and compared with other factors.

i applaud your efforts to be thorough, buuuuuuuut i'm a boil it down and stuff it in a metaphor kind of gal. it's hard sometimes to talk through style differences. *hugs*hearts*

Lanfear 11-29-2017 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 864837)
can my European babies touch on this from y'alls experience with the wave of zealous nationalist white creepo bullshit going on there? especially in the wake of Brexit.

They are there and similar to your experience they feel they can be more bold and loud about their idiocy and it most likely comes from similar perceived economic distress.
Main talking points are 'the refugees will take our jobs and they will have so many babies and molest our women'.

But they have far far far less weapons, they don't tend to define themselves through religion and they are not being 'supported' as much by government and media. So it's bad but it could be far worse.

Lanfear 11-30-2017 12:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And when I say support I mean this:
Attachment 62028

Trump twitter crisis manager: "Sir I'm sorry you insulted the only government that kinda still likes us in Europe and you did it using the wrong twitter account? Could you fix that maybe?"
Trump: "Sure can do!"