Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: In the cocaine story, whose side are you on?
The student 9 33.33%
The teacher 18 66.67%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree29Likes

Old 11-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

I already know I'm going to love it. "Thirteen" with Evan Rachel Wood & Holly Hunter is easily in my top 3.
Scorpion likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
What a piece of shit...

I presume you mean that since the priest didn't fuck any kids it's a totally implausible piece of shit movie. Perhaps you're forgetting SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF. God.
Keith, Scorpion, Lanfear and 1 others like this.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

Considering how passionately Keith talks about all the sexual abuse going on at the moment I find it surprising his reaction to the death threat of the movie maker from India was to "get out". I know he's said it before about loads of places, but I feel like he's grown since then. Obviously India and other countries are further behind us in terms of civil rights and stuff, but it is akin to victim blaming the people who were assaulted by Harvey Weinstein, Louis CK, etc. Chemda did say that making movies like this and standing up for stuff is how you incite change, but it wasn't fought very hard and then it was moved on very quickly. Maybe because it's been talked about so much recently or perhaps they could tell the guests weren't into it so decided to move on? I dunno, I just felt like it was a step back for Keith (I still love you though!).
Scorpion likes this.

Last edited by porky2468; 12-02-2017 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Autocorrect!
Old 12-01-2017, 12:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
Considering how passionately Keith talks about all the sexual abuse going on at the moment I find it surprising his reaction to the death threat of the movie maker from India was to "get out". I know he's said it before about loads of places, but I feel like he's grown since then. Obviously India and other countries are further behind us in terms of civil rights and stuff, but it is akin to victim blaming the people who were sanitised by Harvey Weinstein, Louis CK, etc. Chemda did say that making movies like this and standing up for stuff is how you incite change, but it wasn't fought very hard and then it was moved on very quickly. Maybe because it's been talked about so much recently or perhaps they could tell the guests weren't into it so decided to move on? I dunno, I just felt like it was a step back for Keith (I still love you though!).
I know what you mean.

But I think it's more comedic than anything else. It's like when Keith crosses off a country on his globe. At least they mentioned that the USA has its own silly as well as serious problems.
Scorpion and porky2468 like this.