Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Keith's news
I was shocked. 6 15.38%
It was inevitable. 33 84.62%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree54Likes

Old 12-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #21 (permalink)

Running Credit Cards

When I worked in retail, we were instructed to run credit cards no more than 2x. We could run a different card, but if we ran the declined card a second time, that was it for that card. We would get in trouble with our manager for doing it a 3rd time and I remember making an exception for a customer and getting chewed out.

We were told that this was because the store was charged for each declined attempt and they didn't want us racking up unnecessary fees. I don't know for sure that this is true, but hearing Chemda's experience at the car rental place makes me think that it probably is because why else would they care how many times their employee swipes your card?
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggle312 View Post
When I worked in retail, we were instructed to run credit cards no more than 2x. We could run a different card, but if we ran the declined card a second time, that was it for that card. We would get in trouble with our manager for doing it a 3rd time and I remember making an exception for a customer and getting chewed out.

We were told that this was because the store was charged for each declined attempt and they didn't want us racking up unnecessary fees. I don't know for sure that this is true, but hearing Chemda's experience at the car rental place makes me think that it probably is because why else would they care how many times their employee swipes your card?

I can’t abide by that rule when 1) the other agent did it without giving it a thought and 2) that was the only card I had on me (that they accepted) which makes it a stupid rule to let me (which they did not).

And for the record, they don’t accept debit or even cash)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
I can’t abide by that rule when 1) the other agent did it without giving it a thought and 2) that was the only card I had on me (that they accepted) which makes it a stupid rule to let me (which they did not).

And for the record, they don’t accept debit or even cash)

Yeah, I only know what happened at my store so I'm just speculating as to why that woman wasn't being more helpful.

It ridiculous that they don't accept debit or cash. That's just dumb. Both those things have way lower fees for the retailer than credit.
The Girl and Apia like this.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
You had to get the relapse in so that the Most Shocking KATGuh this year will have you quitting drinking vs you relapsing, I get it.
well according to the poll no fucking one is shocked at all, so it'll still be a landslide
Old 12-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Also yeah
If you're gonna permanently tattoo on your skin "DNR" then you probably meant it, so I think they should be taken seriously. If you changed your mind or it was a joke then update it. If removal is too expensive just cover up the "NOT" or put a line through the whole thing.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
YESSSSS

At some point after age 70 I will be getting one of these tattoos. I guess I will make sure that it's both signed AND dated and get that date refreshed regularly...

Please sign the papers too just in case.