Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2773: The Silence Breakers (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2773-silence-breakers-20810/)

Lanfear 12-13-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrokahn (Post 865192)
So is there gonna be a hiatus or something? Why did you guys do this? So you can tak a break? WHO TOLD YOU YOU COULD TAKE A BREAK?

Breaks are important - do take them, it's good for you.
I know we are spoiled here in Europe but my job gives me 30 vacation days off a year which is higher than the 20 days that I think is the legal minimum but not really unusual.

So if you want to get a 2 week vacation from KATG - doooo it.
If you plan to drop some pre-recorded episodes that are just general fun chit chat with a guest and not cover current events during that time every few days - I'll love you extra for it.
But somehow I'd still prefer it if these dropped not all at once. I'm sure Michael can figure out how to make that automatic somehow.

And while having both of you together is the gold star awesome combination, we know and have seen from the liver & tumor drama that you can rock shows on your own.
Take vacations seperately; there'll be cool stories of you telling each other what happened (and hopefully how much you enjoy to be back as a team) for us to enjoy.

Bucho 12-15-2017 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrokahn (Post 865166)
I told my super sweet lovely boyfriend that he had feminine qualities and he was insulted.

He was offended by something as innocuous as that?

What a pussy.

astrokahn 12-15-2017 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 865216)
He was offended by something as innocuous as that?

What a pussy.

Oh wow you just justified the whole thing with "what a pussy."

The Girl 12-15-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaligula (Post 865220)
Mockery is one of the gentler ways that men modify each other's bahviour.

I believe that if a man can't handle his feminine side, or beings grabbed by the ass by Apia, or having Chemda present herself in her underwear - or fully nude if she felt like it, then he is a weak man.

Men have a right to be weak, of course, but I don't particularly want him as part of my tribe and I would toughen him up if he wanted to hang with me.

Since many/most men feel this way, "pussy" is a shorthand vernacular for this.

But this is what we’re all fighting for, right? To stop making each other feel threatened for having a range of physical and emotional attributes to our personality. You can change your mind about needing to toughen up your man. That’s part of what we’re asking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

astrokahn 12-15-2017 11:37 AM

I have had to seriously reexamine my expectations about gender roles with my boyfriend. He is gentle and sweet and caring and patient and generally all these beautiful things that attract me to him every day and show me that he his a person who I am excited about sharing a future with. But there are so many socially engrained things that show up as turn offs that I still have in me that I don't believe are cavewoman driven as everyone else is so quick to pull up.

I think the turn offs are BECAUSE of the resistance of femininity we have been socialized to accept. I found I would be turned off by his refusal to be aggressive when I wanted him to, because that "seemed feminine" to me and I've been brainwashed to hate that in men. It's not that we need to "toughen up", it's that we can see kindness as a good quality for fucking once can't we? I would so much rather exist in a space where kindness and cooperation and compassion and open exchange are valued over aggression and toughness. I mean for godssake we live NOW, we aren't fighting for survival anymore, I think we can ditch the caveman garbage.

astrokahn 12-15-2017 11:41 AM

Also I dont think there's a difference between my boyfriend not liking coming off as feminine and me not liking him coming off as feminine. It's the same bullshit that we both absorbed and need to get the fuck over.

Sparrow 12-15-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaligula (Post 865231)
he would be useless in a fight.

He...needs me to tell him to stop being a pussy

More useful in an emergency.

they are also responsible for building most of human civilisation.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3h5pe45FM9qUM/giphy.gif

astrokahn 12-15-2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings (Post 865229)
This is a joke, Bucho is joking by playing into the stereotype.

I was really hoping it was and then immediately thought oh shit it probably was and now I'm the asshole. That's cool i can haz asshole

FingerLakes 12-15-2017 08:36 PM

I don't know where to put this since it was brought up in various episodes but when I saw the trailer for Wonder Wheel i thought it was a joke. I am totally disgusted with everyone acting in this movie and especially with whomever cast justin fucking timberlake.

astrokahn 12-16-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingerLakes (Post 865242)
I don't know where to put this since it was brought up in various episodes but when I saw the trailer for Wonder Wheel i thought it was a joke. I am totally disgusted with everyone acting in this movie and especially with whomever cast justin fucking timberlake.

Well you're right. It was terrible. And I love JT, and it made me not love JT anymore. I actually walked out.