Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have any of these apologies been “good enough” for you?
Yes 8 21.05%
No 30 78.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree85Likes

Old 12-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

2773: The Silence Breakers

with Amy Miller – Amy’s turbulent family past; Time’s Person of the Year, Al Franken’s resignation, Mario Batali’s multiple assault allegations, and toxic masculinity; Trump names Jerusalem the capital of Israel, starts wars; The Olympics ban Russia, kind of

Guest:
Amy Miller

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

I wear socks and crocs. My incredible wife is still with me.
The Girl and beckydewbabe like this.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
I wear socks and crocs. My incredible wife is still with me.

I love you and your family more and more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scorpion and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
I love you and your family more and more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! When we were in college I had a biker jacket that I drew on a dragon and flames with a silver marker.
The Girl and Bucho like this.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

From now on please have Amy Miller as a guest on the show at least once a week.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Toddlers have a lot of feelings to process. Their feelings are all new, so they are all big and overwhelming. That's what tantrums are, unprocessed overwhelming emotions.
I process stuff with my kids, from earlier than three. Now my 6 year old is unusually emotionally intelligent for her age. When people listen to her come up and talk to me about her feelings they are blown away by how well she describes complex emotions.
The Girl, Bucho, Mermaid and 1 others like this.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Episode Release

I wanted to chime in and say that I really do not like this new episode release. I try to stay up to date with all of my podcasts and especially KATG. To see multiple unplayed episodes in my feed gives me unnecessary anxiety that I have fallen behind. I've been listening for 11 years and I like waking up to a new show in my feed on weekdays so I can listen in the morning during my commute.

While I realize that the episodes are still there for my commute, I feel like I'm behind since there are multiple unplayed episodes. It's a weird psychology thing and maybe it's just me but I really enjoy the original release schedule.

Thanks,
The Girl, Bucho, jcro21 and 7 others like this.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yes CHEMDA!
God I totally ageee with everything you are saying today (although I'm only halfway through the epi so don't fuck it up!)

I am really glad it came up today, this discussion about this sexist shit being such a pervasive and basic problem we all take part in. Since I can remember, the logical stance of women being equal to men has been around and accepted but the reality and daily lives experience is TOTALLY OPPOSITE and for the most part, we've all been on board.

I joined the baseball team at school when I was nine because I thought it was unfair that I would have to play on a team specifically given a bigger softer ball because we were girls and couldn't possibly hit or catch a ball 1/4 size smaller than a softball. The GROWN ADULT MAN who coached the team intentionally hit me with the baseball when he pitched so that I would quit the team. At my parents urging I did. Complicit? All of them. This was shown to the boys on the team to do all kinds of fucked up things to girls. Normalized in a day.

When I was in high school and even into my more recent years working in the trades or doing standup, I spouted sexual garbage that I knew would make me look like the "guys girl", the "cool chick" who wasn't embarrassed or offended by anything, including degrading and insulting women. I did what Billy Bush did! (What I found was that speaking to men this way opened the door to them speaking to me in all kinds of ways I was horrified by, so I stopped.)

Another thing that underlies our speech, our conversations, idioms and insults is the absolute hatred of the feminine. If you are kind or soft (not that those have to be feminine) you're a "little bitch." Men are degraded by being called feminine. I told my super sweet lovely boyfriend that he had feminine qualities and he was insulted. We are just NOW coming around to seeing that femininity is a positive quality. In my job men insult eachother by saying things like "oh did you get hurt? Better grab the vagisil" If I said that was sexist, they would be shocked.

Some people got this way not because they don't know but rather because it's never been challenged. Like a rule that everyone breaks becuase there are no consequences. People who have a fuck ton of money and power break bigger rules.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 2 others like this.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryNight2219 View Post
I wanted to chime in and say that I really do not like this new episode release. I try to stay up to date with all of my podcasts and especially KATG. To see multiple unplayed episodes in my feed gives me unnecessary anxiety that I have fallen behind. I've been listening for 11 years and I like waking up to a new show in my feed on weekdays so I can listen in the morning during my commute.

While I realize that the episodes are still there for my commute, I feel like I'm behind since there are multiple unplayed episodes. It's a weird psychology thing and maybe it's just me but I really enjoy the original release schedule.

Thanks,
It's irrational but that's kind of how I feel too.

I know you guys are not recording every day and I know you have very good reasons for it and usually it's no big deal.
But sometimes when current events happen it's very apparent and I think if you just dropped a stack of episodes at the same time always it would loose more of that exciting 'I get to see how Chemda and Keith feel about a certain topic and what they are up to' feeling. Which makes me less excited than finding a new episode in my feed each morning.
But as I said on twitter: your show - your rules.
Bucho, Scorpion, arty and 5 others like this.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah I was wondering how you'd handle the current event thing also, because when something big happens (like Roy Moore not winning Alabama today) it will be so odd to have a show tomorrow that doesn't address it. WAIT A SECOND YOU DID ADDRESS IT BUT HOWWWWWW? I just looked at my feed to make sure I wasn't gonna make an ass out of myself and goddamn there's five new episodes, ONE ADDRESSING ROY MOORES LOSS. Oh you're gooood.

So is there gonna be a hiatus or something? Why did you guys do this? So you can tak a break? WHO TOLD YOU YOU COULD TAKE A BREAK?
Keith, Bucho, Scorpion and 2 others like this.