Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: How old were you when you had your first cell phone?
I never had one 0 0%
Preteen 0 0%
Teen 9 25.00%
Young adult 15 41.67%
Over 25 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 12-13-2017, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2776: Feeling Good

with Andrea Allan – Racist pedophilic cowboy Roy Moore (barely) loses Senate seat; Omarosa fired from the White House; In Touch magazine to chronical Matt Lauer’s past; Merriam-Webster Dictionary's 2017 Word of the Year: Feminism; your parents’ lines and the sexualization of women in media; Saudi Arabia allows movie theaters; the 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees

Guest:
Andrea Allan

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My parents didn't have to decide when to get me a cell phone. I have no examples for when to give one to my kids. I guess the right answer is "when I feel like paying for it"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for introducing me to Nina Simone. God damn that's some good stuff.
The Girl, Scorpion and Mermaid like this.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Point of no return

Love Point of No Return. Totally turned me into a Nina fan for life!!!
The Girl and Scorpion like this.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" lines:
"See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy that’s his own hair
That little faggot got his own jet airplane
That little faggot he’s a millionaire."
are in reference to Prince.
Apia likes this.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

I was 24... is that a young adult? I had a two year old baby at the time and she puked inside the microphone of the flip phone. I had to dig it out with a paper clip. Mmmmmmm
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Chemda is right again! Killing it girl.

It's somewhat common for kids to have co-ed sleepovers now. Keith your fucking head is going to explode when you have kids and you see all the shit that has become normal in the last five years. I feel like my daughter and I exist on different planets yet interact in the same physical space. It makes me wonder if I appear as foreign and out of touch as we feel our parents are with us.

Other kids parents don't seem to give a fuuuuuuuck (all the times my kid got in trouble w drugs and alcohol at other people's houses the parents were home, so nope they don't always walk down to the basement) and these kids have been existing socially online in a space with NO ADULTS their whole lives. Their experience is sooooo different than ours was. Online they are free to abuse and shit on eachother, be incredibly sexual and disappoint each other without any consequence, talk maaaaad shit about their parents, etc etc.

When you have a daughter there's like a ten year span where it feels like your only purpose in life is preventing teen pregnancy. During middle and high school there were lots of ocassions where group of kids were spending the night (girls and boys) but my rule was no co-ed unless the boys were gay or AFAB. (The AFAB part came in when she wanted to spend the night at her friend Harleys house, a trans guy. I felt like the rule should apply to all boys but she said mom I really don't think you have to worry about me getting knocked up by a guy whose parents still call him Victoria." Alright fine.
The Girl, Scorpion and shoebootie like this.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

My mom let me have my bf sleep over when I was 16 and I look at that now as terrible parenting. I'm open and honest with my daughter about sex but god damn.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscean View Post
The Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" lines:
"See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy that’s his own hair
That little faggot got his own jet airplane
That little faggot he’s a millionaire."
are in reference to Prince.
It's also supposed to be the words of a person moving refrigerators. Not every song is meant to be the thoughts of the person singing it.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
It's also supposed to be the words of a person moving refrigerators. Not every song is meant to be the thoughts of the person singing it.
The guy in the song is singing about a dislike of faggots, not the singer himself. C’mon, people. Open your ears.

And, when they had to edit the song to perform live, it was the appliance store worker that changed the word faggot to queenie, not Dire Straights.

Guess what else, the appliance store worker is FICTIONAL, people! He's not a real person! So who ya mad at?!

Grow up!
Scorpion and Apia like this.

Last edited by Keith; 01-01-2018 at 11:31 PM.
(Online)   Reply With Quote