Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2776: Feeling Good (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2776-feeling-good-20814/)

Keith 12-13-2017 07:11 PM

2776: Feeling Good

with Andrea Allan – Racist pedophilic cowboy Roy Moore (barely) loses Senate seat; Omarosa fired from the White House; In Touch magazine to chronical Matt Lauer’s past; Merriam-Webster Dictionary's 2017 Word of the Year: Feminism; your parents’ lines and the sexualization of women in media; Saudi Arabia allows movie theaters; the 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees

Guest:
Andrea Allan
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...ea-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

flerchin 12-13-2017 09:15 PM

My parents didn't have to decide when to get me a cell phone. I have no examples for when to give one to my kids. I guess the right answer is "when I feel like paying for it"

Archimedes_Screw 12-14-2017 07:23 AM

Thanks for introducing me to Nina Simone. God damn that's some good stuff.

joslingeneva 12-14-2017 08:30 AM

Point of no return

Love Point of No Return. Totally turned me into a Nina fan for life!!!

Piscean 12-14-2017 08:09 PM

The Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" lines:
"See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy that’s his own hair
That little faggot got his own jet airplane
That little faggot he’s a millionaire."
are in reference to Prince.

astrokahn 12-15-2017 06:57 AM

I was 24... is that a young adult? I had a two year old baby at the time and she puked inside the microphone of the flip phone. I had to dig it out with a paper clip. Mmmmmmm

astrokahn 12-15-2017 07:13 AM

Chemda is right again! Killing it girl.

It's somewhat common for kids to have co-ed sleepovers now. Keith your fucking head is going to explode when you have kids and you see all the shit that has become normal in the last five years. I feel like my daughter and I exist on different planets yet interact in the same physical space. It makes me wonder if I appear as foreign and out of touch as we feel our parents are with us.

Other kids parents don't seem to give a fuuuuuuuck (all the times my kid got in trouble w drugs and alcohol at other people's houses the parents were home, so nope they don't always walk down to the basement) and these kids have been existing socially online in a space with NO ADULTS their whole lives. Their experience is sooooo different than ours was. Online they are free to abuse and shit on eachother, be incredibly sexual and disappoint each other without any consequence, talk maaaaad shit about their parents, etc etc.

When you have a daughter there's like a ten year span where it feels like your only purpose in life is preventing teen pregnancy. During middle and high school there were lots of ocassions where group of kids were spending the night (girls and boys) but my rule was no co-ed unless the boys were gay or AFAB. (The AFAB part came in when she wanted to spend the night at her friend Harleys house, a trans guy. I felt like the rule should apply to all boys but she said mom I really don't think you have to worry about me getting knocked up by a guy whose parents still call him Victoria." Alright fine.

astrokahn 12-15-2017 09:17 AM

My mom let me have my bf sleep over when I was 16 and I look at that now as terrible parenting. I'm open and honest with my daughter about sex but god damn.

starscream 01-01-2018 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscean (Post 865214)
The Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" lines:
"See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy that’s his own hair
That little faggot got his own jet airplane
That little faggot he’s a millionaire."
are in reference to Prince.

It's also supposed to be the words of a person moving refrigerators. Not every song is meant to be the thoughts of the person singing it.

Keith 01-01-2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starscream (Post 865539)
It's also supposed to be the words of a person moving refrigerators. Not every song is meant to be the thoughts of the person singing it.

The guy in the song is singing about a dislike of faggots, not the singer himself. C’mon, people. Open your ears.

And, when they had to edit the song to perform live, it was the appliance store worker that changed the word faggot to queenie, not Dire Straights.

Guess what else, the appliance store worker is FICTIONAL, people! He's not a real person! So who ya mad at?!

Grow up!