Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: How do you like receiving your KATG episodes?
I prefer this new way of bingeing 13 28.26%
I prefer receiving 1 show per weekday 33 71.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree56Likes

Old 12-16-2017, 07:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
The only sites that really have to worry about throttling are the really high bandwidth ones. There's nothing to be gained by fucking with all the low bandwidth stuff because it's a drop in the bucket.

Sites that are built on streaming and get shitloads of hits per day might have to pony up a little bit extra but YouTube/Netflix/Hulu are making fortunes right now and sucking up a major portion of the infrastructure. Under net neutrality, it's illegal for operators of said infrastructure to do anything about it or share in those profits.
Thats bullshit
The 'operators of said infrastructure' can already charge me for how much data I use a month. But it's none of their fucking business what I use that data for.

Net neutrality repeal will mean that new entry into the market get prohibitively expensive.How can a new service pay to be included into one of the packages that get preferential treatment?
What if I want to use Threema for their better encryption but the only available messenger with decent speed is WhatsApp because Facebook pushed their gigantic influence onto internet providers?
This is about free speech
Scorpion and Sparrow like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Also:
IMG_0597.JPG
Old 12-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

Like I said in another thread, the new release schedule doesn't change things for me since I auto-download them anyway, but I don't understand why you would remove/replace downloads. I auto-download because I feel stressed out about missing out on content. KATG has VIP but there are a few other shows that have taken down or censored episodes. Is this because Libsyn hosting has gotten more expensive or something like that?
Old 12-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn View Post
Like I said in another thread, the new release schedule doesn't change things for me since I auto-download them anyway, but I don't understand why you would remove/replace downloads. I auto-download because I feel stressed out about missing out on content. KATG has VIP but there are a few other shows that have taken down or censored episodes. Is this because Libsyn hosting has gotten more expensive or something like that?
What?
Scorpion likes this.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

You've said that people will miss shows if they're not subscribed. I took that to mean that earlier episodes in the week would be replaced with later episodes within that week, or something like that.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
You've said that people will miss shows if they're not subscribed. I took that to mean that earlier episodes in the week would be replaced with later episodes within that week, or something like that.
Oh lord.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:59 AM   #17 (permalink)

The Morgan Spurlock:

Was it because I didn't know?
Was it because I can't read faces?
Was it because I'm an alcoholic?
Was it because I was abused?

If I were to apologize to someone because I realized I hurt them, my apology wouldn't be mostly "but me, I'm hurt too."

I think that's what bothers me.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
"Subscribed" meaning when you subscribe to a podcast via whatever app downloads your podcast. When you subscribe to the app the shows automatically appear in your feed. (What most people probably do.)

If you are not subscribed then then you would have to get them individually. To be fair I was a little confused by this as well because I forgot being subscribed was even a thing after HAVING BEEN SUBSCRIBED FOR TEN YEARS THANK YOU.

They're saying if you are not subscribed and you would typically go get a podcast episode every day and download it manually from iTunes or whatever then You won't know that they're putting out ten billion shows this month bc you would still assume they're doing five a week. In that case you would miss episodes not knowing they exist.

Ahem. *bows*
Keith, The Girl, Scorpion and 3 others like this.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:16 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
"Subscribed" meaning when you subscribe to a podcast via whatever app downloads your podcast. When you subscribe to the app the shows automatically appear in your feed. (What most people probably do.)

If you are not subscribed then then you would have to get them individually. To be fair I was a little confused by this as well because I forgot being subscribed was even a thing after HAVING BEEN SUBSCRIBED FOR TEN YEARS THANK YOU.

They're saying if you are not subscribed and you would typically go get a podcast episode every day and download it manually from iTunes or whatever then You won't know that they're putting out ten billion shows this month bc you would still assume they're doing five a week. In that case you would miss episodes not knowing they exist.

Ahem. *bows*
Yes absolutely correct

But I think with the latest IOS Apple fucked up their podcast app somehow that makes this a problem.
I use Downcast so not sure how exactly but I saw several headlines complaining about this issue.

Apple has ruined its podcasts app.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:22 AM   #20 (permalink)

EMMA: I wonder what would happen if he came out and said, "I raped this person." Then what would we do?

CHEMDA: I don't know.
Do you think a person that raped someone in the past is completely unredeemable? I haven't raped anyone, but I did some stupid shit in college (15 years ago) including cheating on multiple girlfriends.

But I'm a completely different person than I was in college. I've learned from my mistakes, I changed who I am and how I act, and like Emma said, I try to be the best person I can be every day.

I don't feel like my actions in college even closely define who I am now. But maybe they do, and I'm still an asshole.
The Girl and Apia like this.