Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you just read this?
Yes 45 90.00%
No 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree143Likes

Old 12-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
They have the recording calendar published but I would assume most fans never look at that.

I do know its there but I prefer to ignore it and trick myself into thinking they are recording and releasing daily. Which usually works fine because the release is close enough to the recording to not matter much.

I actually thought that the episodes were scheduled and just automatically dropped in the feed but I guess if its manual then releasing several at the same time makes it easier for them?
Libsyn allows for shows to be prescheduled, and I assume they have been using that for a long time since the release schedule is usually around the same time each day... I don't think anyone is pushing the button each day to release.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:01 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
Libsyn allows for shows to be prescheduled, and I assume they have been using that for a long time since the release schedule is usually around the same time each day... I don't think anyone is pushing the button each day to release.
So there WILL be a Christmas chat party at Poundtown? Kay good.
Will there be a neon sign that says "Poundtown... Slingin it Proper."
??
Old 12-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Profile data

Looking at a profile it tells you how many likes you've received and also how many likes you've given.
So if you have more likes than you've given... does that make you a narcissist? Should you have a moment of self reflection?

Asking for a friend...
memecherry and Apia like this.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Looking at a profile it tells you how many likes you've received and also how many likes you've given.
So if you have more likes than you've given... does that make you a narcissist? Should you have a moment of self reflection?

Asking for a friend...
I typed this like four times, trying to ask myself why I don't 'like' people's post via a button when I like that post in my brain. I think the like button is different for different people (holy shit we are analyzing this now.) for me, I 'like' a post to acknowledge someone replied to a comment I made, or I like a post because it's a Fucking great post. I'm stingy with my likes for some reason. I don't think its narcissistic, it's just that I'm better than you.

THAT WAS A JOKE BTW
The Girl likes this.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I was just making a joke as well. But I think it's a little interesting and wondered what people thoughts were as far as likes on here. I clicked on a few profiles and found a lot of variance. Just over thinking things again.
Apia likes this.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
I ..., it's just that I'm better than you.
You probably are better than me. And that's OK. I (edit need not bed )a mirror for this.

I spent a long time ghosting the forums. I say that as if I have to justify something... I hit like much more now then I used to, many times instead of replying with just a lol.
The Girl likes this.

Last edited by Scorpion; 12-20-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #27 (permalink)

I remember back when I was 15 writing into the show to ask whether or not I should tell my parents I don't believe in God. This was my peak atheist moment, where sitting through church felt like torture. The response I got was that I shouldn't worry them unnecessarily just because it'll make me feel better.

Obviously your opinions might have changed on this (and your exact answer might've been a little different), but I think its worth considering that your parents might be more hurt to miss you entirely on Christmas than to see you not go to mass.

Personally I think acting like you have mysterious diarrhea that acts up as soon as you step in the church is the best strategy. Or pretend like you're throwing up or faint or something. Better yet, start speaking in tongues and convert them to an even crazier christian religion.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
I remember back when I was 15 writing into the show to ask whether or not I should tell my parents I don't believe in God. This was my peak atheist moment, where sitting through church felt like torture. The response I got was that I shouldn't worry them unnecessarily just because it'll make me feel better.

Obviously your opinions might have changed on this (and your exact answer might've been a little different), but I think its worth considering that your parents might be more hurt to miss you entirely on Christmas than to see you not go to mass.
You were 15. You'd need money from your parents, rides from your parents... If you know they'll vehemently disagree with you than what would be the point? When I tell my dad it's because he hears what I say on this show, and he's the one that keeps pushing it.

When I go on a rant about the evils of the church and the very religion itself, it's not to change the minds of people like my parents, but rather for people like me to hear and look more into the way they already feel and were ignoring.

When I told my Dad I didn't believe in God well over 2 decades ago to naively see if he can relate to a son not believing, he told me that I didn't mean it, and that I need to be serious if I wanted to have a meaningful conversation with him. He still feels the same today, that deep down I really do believe because there obviously is a God. (Not Zeus, that's silly. Jesus, the son of God - who is one-third of the total God but still 100% all God, even though he was also 100% all man and 100% all God at one time.)

Of course my parents would say that they'd rather at least just see me, but their actions when they do see me show me that I know better.

I even said once to a brother of mine, "Wait a minute, when we were younger you told me you didn't believe in God." He said, "Yeah, but not like THAT!"

Not like what? Who knows. Oh well.

We can only do what we can do.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Why? I mean I'm glad.
Why did I ghost before? It seemed the forums was more hostile then and I'm not so great being social. I needed to really want to say something. It gets easier the more you do it.
The Girl, astrokahn and Apia like this.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Keith plz live tweet you awkwardly trying to dodge Christmas Masses and your parents reactions