Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you believe in witchcraft?
Yes 8 19.51%
No 33 80.49%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree167Likes

Old 01-08-2018, 04:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Love it when the show gets *real*, talking about Mehran's father. In real life I'm always afraid to bring up stuff like that and pussyfoot around people's pain, one of the most rewarding parts of listening is recognizing that people can talk about difficult personal issues, and that it's often helpful for them to get some of that out.

But yeah, it was stupid when Mehran said "oh get over it." It sounds like he doesn't want to have the conversation more than the 22 year olds he's accusing of shutting people down. I think Chemda's approach of asking "what do we do now, how do we treat these abusers who've apologized" is spot on and actually forward thinking.

I think witchcraft is real, if you believe in it. If that makes any sense. I believe in shit like energy and bad vibes. Some people emit noxious horrible energy without even trying, so I think it's possible to have more control over what you put into the world. If witchcraft is how people accomplish that, power to em (and please don't hex me).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
He left season 3 during production. I can't tell if you're negating or ignoring that.
Neiter? I think...? My point is he walked away from the money.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
How did you feel Keith?
Keith has feelings???

jk jk jk

not really...

jk jk

Scorpion and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I think witch craft is all about intention & channeling energy at the end of the day -- not too far off from praying...

I would rather light some candles & put out intentions in a "witchy" way vs conventional praying - and yes I have gone to occult stores, had candles dressed/blessed, etc..
jcro21, Apia and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

Re: Mehran's comments regarding sexual misconduct.

He has a dick, he likes to see dicks - who the fuck is he to judge women that DON'T want to see dicks..?

For him to look down on women that left the business "after seeing just one dick, I'm out" - YEAH most women aren't going to stick around to see if the 2nd, 3rd or 4th dicks will come falling out in front of them "cause, you know, just get over it".

Work place or not, 95% of women don't want strange dicks whipped out at them.

This also goes BEYOND the work place, women should not have to walk around every day being sexually approached. Work place shouldn't be the only place we are supposedly safe from this.
Mermaid likes this.

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I would love for witches to be real and be one of them, but I don't see them being real at all.
Yes that's 100% how I feel.

I have wanted to be a mysterious Wiccan / Celtic / priestess of the mother holding rituals to influence the world ever since I first read Mists of Avalon but my brain is nopeing that believe quite firmly unfortunately.
Apia likes this.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:46 PM   #17 (permalink)

In the circles I run in, gay men use “fish” in reference to women...
Mermaid and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
Re: Mehran's comments regarding sexual misconduct.

He has a dick, he likes to see dicks - who the fuck is he to judge women that DON'T want to see dicks..?

For him to look down on women that left the business "after seeing just one dick, I'm out" - YEAH most women aren't going to stick around to see if the 2nd, 3rd or 4th dicks will come falling out in front of them "cause, you know, just get over it".

Work place or not, 95% of women don't want strange dicks whipped out at them.

This also goes BEYOND the work place, women should not have to walk around every day being sexually approached. Work place shouldn't be the only place we are supposedly safe from this.
Compare it to catcalling. I remember just last summer trying so hard to explain to men AND women I knew why I hated being catcalled and why other women also didn't like it. It's because sometimes, we just want to be people. We just want to walk down the street to the grocery store and not have it be this whole big thing.

And yeah, you might decide not to walk down the street again that day because you just got catcalled by a guy and don't want it to happen again like "this is what happens when I go to the grocery store? Fuck this."

Just like after having one dick waved in your face non-consensually you think, "fuck, is this what I have to deal with every time? Then I don't want it."

And you shouldn't have to. We live in a society! And I just want to buy some food without your dick in my face!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
memecherry likes this.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Also, ironically, there is a Louie episode where Louis CK goes out with a girl and she keeps pushing him away when he makes a move so he stops. The next day she asks "why didn't we fuck? I like it when guys are aggressive." And he goes on to explain that dude, that's a psychotic gamble there. I'm not going to ignore you saying no on the off chance that you're into that.

Mehran, come on! You can't expect everyone to like the same thing!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
memecherry and Apia like this.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

And for the record, I love me some Mehran -- But KATG has over many years challenged me to think, grow, want & do better.

I remember calling in once when Alzo Slade was on, and doing what I have always thought of as harmless flirting... Chemda called me out for borderline sexually harassing the guest. Part in jest I hope, but there was some truth to that. Stuck with me...

The Mehran has a crush on Keith bit is cute & funny, but yeah... getting a little old at this point... He's cute, WE GET IT! You want his cock in your mouth - WE GET ITTTTT!!!!

Today I started thinking - flip the table and make it anyone coming on that hard on Chemda.... What then?
Lanfear, Apia and Archimedes_Screw like this.

Last edited by memecherry; 01-08-2018 at 11:30 PM.