Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you believe in witchcraft?
Yes 8 19.51%
No 33 80.49%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree167Likes

Old 01-08-2018, 08:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I mention the Alzo bit, cause if we are gonna call out cis-straight men, we also have to call out women, gay men, lesbians, etc -- We have to rethink what flirting is vs sexual harassment...

Is it gonna be harder to figure out who's easy to fuck? Probably...

Will MANY more people be less uncomfortable/traumatized/etc...?

YES
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

So Will toured with Aries Spears maybe? He’s pretty well known for not wanting a Black opener and hasn’t been on TV for a few years
Old 01-08-2018, 10:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

When Mehran says women could just hang up the phone it makes me want Keith to mute his mic every time he goes off on his Keith obsession.
I imagine he would not want to come back if Keith did that. Then maybe he'd get that women don't want to hang up and have huge producers like Louis C.K. feel the same way, like they don't want to work with the person who hung up. The difference is Keith has a successful podcast without Mehran, and doesn't feel like he needs him the way these women fear they need Louis.

Honestly, the harassing Keith stuff was funnier before Mehran made it clear he doesn't care for victims of sexual harassment. I'm also wondering if there is a reason he has no male friends.

And lastly, fuck off with that "I've done more for women..." bullshit. Newflash ass hole, we don't fucking need you or want you to do anything for us if you use that to excuse you being callused, condescending and shitty to us, or telling sexual harassment victims how to feel/react.
Bucho, jcro21, memecherry and 8 others like this.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanateemanatee View Post
When Mehran says women could just hang up the phone it makes me want Keith to mute his mic every time he goes off on his Keith obsession.
I imagine he would not want to come back if Keith did that. Then maybe he'd get that women don't want to hang up and have huge producers like Louis C.K. feel the same way, like they don't want to work with the person who hung up. The difference is Keith has a successful podcast without Mehran, and doesn't feel like he needs him the way these women fear they need Louis.

Honestly, the harassing Keith stuff was funnier before Mehran made it clear he doesn't care for victims of sexual harassment. I'm also wondering if there is a reason he has no male friends.

And lastly, fuck off with that "I've done more for women..." bullshit. Newflash ass hole, we don't fucking need you or want you to do anything for us if you use that to excuse you being callused, condescending and shitty to us, or telling sexual harassment victims how to feel/react.
Yes!!! Great context parallel - and ditto on the more for women comment - I’ve done a lot for the LGBTQ (being a part of it myself but never all parts) and would never discount somebody else’s concerns based on that - if anything I’m more empathetic & capable to go beyond those issues — like ableism, etc...

If you want better, you gotta AT LEAST TRY to think & do better
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Mehran tried to frame push back on his comments as people being too PC about him not saying the "exact right thing" when he was literally saying the exact wrong shit. LMAO

I loved when Keith pulled facts from the Times article like "But Louis CK literally did that shit."

This episode had me in stitches.
Bucho, jcro21, memecherry and 5 others like this.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I don't believe in witchcraft but I like rituals, including spells and rites. (I wrote this before I got to the part where Mehran said he likes rituals)

I also don't believe in the afterlife (yes, I've said I believe in ghosts sometimes. shut up) but if I found Keith nude and hairy but then 5'3 that would be a ring of Hell for sure.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 01-09-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #27 (permalink)

1) Keith Malley has threatened to use his military combat training on me if I don't talk up his sexual allure. This has been going on for three years. God, it feels good to share that. Keith, you're a monster.

2) I would LOVE to have a longer talk with any or all of you about what I REALLY think about the Louie situation, but the reality is that our ears are keyed to a VERY binary set of responses about protecting and believing all women, conflating the severity of all transgressions, etc. It's not that I don't know the script. If I wanted to sound woke and con you all into thinking that I feel exactly the way twitter says I'm supposed to about this, I could. If you're loving Ben Affleck's public relations tour-de-girl-power on your TV set but can't see through that to the pseudo alpha male PIG behavior he's known for, I'm sorry, but you clearly prefer a sweet sounding lie to the truth.

It's not a question of PC or not PC. It's a question of people being so keyed up that any commentary that deviates from the prescriptive middle class morality around an issue is being met with pitchforks and torches. And guys, that's insane. If you think fear is going to motivate an actual tide of change, you're wrong. If you think it's okay to conflate all behaviors around unwanted sexual advances, you're wrong. If you think that you, personally, get to paint, with a big brush, what we as a society are ultimately going to decide in terms of the parameters and policies around punishment, statute of limitations, reform, etc on this issue, you're wrong. Arriving at how we as a culture are ultimately going manage this problem is going to require communication without fear of retribution-- on all sides.

I speak only for myself when I say I favor the strong. I like fighters and hellcats and people who swear vengeance on those who have hurt them. I like lower class solutions to these problems. Fire, knives, terror. I am NOT very good at brushing the hair of delicate people. I never have been. I'm a survivor of very real abuse and I'm often functioning in society by the skin of my teeth. I have friends who are incredibly compassionate and ready to receive people when they're broken. I'm less great at that part. I'm who you want to see when you're ready to feel the pain and say fuck the world. And that's okay. Great, even. This world takes all kinds.

As for coming for me for being an imperfect ally, suck it. I *am* an ally. I book more women on my shows than just about anyone. I've been pitching literal all female shows to the networks for three years-- literally since my first pitch meeting. (You should hear their arguments against female-heavy programming, btw. I mean from channels that have produced, say, "THE MAN SHOW.") I just had another meeting today and, guess what, pitched another girl show. I'm in this country, raised by a single mother who had to escape Iran because she was on a list to be executed for being an outspoken feminist. WHERE DO YOU COME FROM? My female friends, who have been my family since I was eleven years old, formed me. I am who I am because they taught me about life, this country and myself. I'm not a dude's dude, in the dark, watching sports and weighing in. I'm period blood and abortions and pap smears and mammograms and child birth and vaginas, vaginas, vaginas and sluts, sluts, sluts and female empowerment all fucking day. I'm the friend who beat the shit out of his bestie's violent boyfriend in the middle of a party. And my girls have done the same for me a thousand times. I run with a true pride of lions and those of you who question us can come and get it any day of the week.

At the end of the day, I'm not telling anyone what they can and can't feel about this. I'm just saying how *I* feel about this. And you can tell me that my voice doesn't matter. You can tell me that I should shut the fuck up and let the conversation be dominated by ninnies and extremists who punctuate their hypocritical incredulity with "time's up" and make you feel empowered. It's not like the air isn't already thick with what you think. I'm here to pose a counterpoint, advocate for a measured response and inject nuance. That's my actual fucking job. I'm a comedian and an activist and a provoker of social dialogue. AND I'M ADORABLE.

Last edited by Mehran; 01-09-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Lol.
Scorpion, Sparrow and astrokahn like this.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:17 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehran View Post
1) AND I'M ADORABLE.
You had me at knives. I could geek out on knives all damn day. Also, yes, you're adorable. Did I comma right? This is embarrassing.
Scorpion and iamgrilledcheese like this.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #30 (permalink)

Mehran - Thank you for having the "bolas" to respond to our posts.

I appreciate you reaching out to me, I feel like once we started having an honest discussion we found a middle ground.

We are all trying to do better, & I think you're awesome, thus me wanting you to do better too..

Given our 1x1 discussion - thanks for reaching out & listening to me....
Scorpion likes this.