Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you believe in witchcraft?
Yes 8 19.51%
No 33 80.49%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree167Likes

Old 01-09-2018, 08:30 PM   #31 (permalink)

I guess I don't know what you are trying to say. Is somebody saying that what Louis C.K. did is exactly like rape? Who here is conflating all "unwanted sexual advances"? Louis C.K. sexually assaulted women, though he didn't violently force physical contact on his victims. It wasn't rape, but it was still immoral and illegal and hurtful and he should be held accountable.
But he should not face the same consequences Weinstein or Cosby would face, with their multiple rapes. Because we all understand there are levels. Nobody is saying there isn't.
We are believing women when there are anywhere between 4-50 women with strikingly similar stories. Very little is being done to protect women.

Women are not delicate people. We deal with more than any man could understand, and up until recently we took it all in silence. Sometimes we quit our jobs, sometimes we are blacklisted and it looks like we quit. But that isn't because we are delicate and want our allies to coddle us. It's because we all have a limit to how much objectification, harassment and rape we can handle.

Women aren't abortions, pap smears and vaginas, vaginas, vaginas. We are being catcalled 13, told our skirts and shoulders are too much for old men to cope with when we are 15, date rapes at 17. We are being turned down for promotions in favor of less qualified men.
It might be hard for you to pitch woman centered shows, but we are the ones losing jobs to men in every field.
Keith, jcro21, memecherry and 8 others like this.

Last edited by Shanateemanatee; 01-09-2018 at 08:33 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #32 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

To Mehran: https://giphy.com/gifs/jennifer-lawr...-Fml0fgAxVx1eM
Scorpion and Mermaid like this.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:43 PM   #33 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Total side note - I've been watching celebrity big brother UK - and this season's theme is "Year of the Woman" because the UK is celebrating the 100 year anniversary of women in the UK getting the right to vote.

Listening to some of the older ladies talk about the history - women were not only not allowed to not vote at one point, they were not allowed to gain access to credit, rent housing alone, etc because they were labeled a prostitute for wanting those things, etc...

https://www.totalaccessradio.co.uk/t...theme-for-cbb/

I think we are at the peak of a wave of women embracing rights that took, basically, thousands of years to secure -- All of this encompasses the powers/rights we are claiming, and the rejection of the only power we were "allowed to have" = our sexuality.

I think Mehran as a gay man, has empathy towards women, but also at the end of the day = he is a man... An imperfect man that is at least willing to have the conversation. So I thank him for that.

Allies come in many shapes & forms for women, LGBTQ, the disabled, disenfranchised, etc. Many are imperfect & as long as they are willing to listen, may have a chance to learn and grow.

I have had to challenge myself in my views of ableism, something most folks don't even think of, just like men - even gay ones - have to now challenge themselves re: their views of women's rights.

I have also had to challenge myself in what I think is harmless flirting & what is not - as a woman I don't have a free pass to do the things we despise about men.

Food for thought...
Scorpion likes this.

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:46 PM   #34 (permalink)

I think he's reducing all men to penis and all women to vagina, and that's fucking obnoxious and I'm not about that life. So anyone that's like "I'm totally a feminist, I love abortions and period blood and sluts", I'm like "yeah ok buddy".
Scorpion and Apia like this.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
I think he's reducing all men to penis and all women to vagina, and that's fucking obnoxious and I'm not about that life. So anyone that's like "I'm totally a feminist, I love abortions and period blood and sluts", I'm like "yeah ok buddy".
I think he's a person that is used to using language in a specific way - aka on stage to cause shock & awe...

I also think that he's somebody that is at least willing to listen.

We should try to give people that space, or the chasm between different POVs will grow larger & more contentious.

For full disclosure Mehran reached out to me directly & we had a frank, at first a bit weird/guarded, but ultimately honest discussion.

The dude is at least willing to listen, none of us came out the box knowing everything, and none of us still do....
jcro21, Scorpion, Apia and 2 others like this.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #36 (permalink)

I understand the literary licenses he is using. I get exactly what he means when he says he is period blood. Hopefully its understood when I mean when I say women are not vaginas and abortions, but harassment that starts young.

I don't think Mehran is evil or bad. I'm not even coming after him with pitchforks. I just think he needs to think a bit more about his behavoirs and ideas.
memecherry, Scorpion, Apia and 1 others like this.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #37 (permalink)

I don't think he's evil, I think he's immature and doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. And that's fine, but what angers me is that he seems to be trying to both speak for me and equate feminism completely with some weird sex and the city life.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:47 PM   #38 (permalink)

I also find it telling that his argument against the 22 year old that disagrees with him is "your outfit makes you look ugly". #feminism.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:49 AM   #39 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
I also find it telling that his argument against the 22 year old that disagrees with him is "your outfit makes you look ugly". #feminism.
He was joking. I don't think he is that bad, I listen to the show again & I heard things the second time I didn't hear the first. I recommend listening again.
He was totally not into talking about it and He did not want to have to admit that Louie is a ass hole. He tried to joke it off. (I agree what he said made little sense, I think he did that on purpose) At the end he was like 'OK lets talk about this seriously then.' I think he was trying to do what he normally does on the show and probably on stage and just rapid fire jokes. I think he felt he needed to defend himself a little when he realized his joke was being taken seriously and Keith called him back and Chemda questioned him about it.

I also think he mostly just wants to talk about himself which is why he went on the dick loving women friends rant. That tactic is used to pull the argument in and back to himself, & hopefully closes the discussion. 'oh no I agree here see how great my friends are and by association me for being friends with them, see I'm great and we can move on now.

He often says how much he likes to talk about himself and don't we all?
The priestess thing is about giving himself power where he has none. Giving himself the security he feels the world can't provide. It's a false sense of control & security built on a belief that he can by force of will change the world around him.

I really get why so many people would just think Mehran is a dick for what he said, I just think after listening twice that he didn't mean it that way.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:50 AM   #40 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

“Do you know how hard it is to be a homo, talking about subversive topics in New York?”

While I understand what Mehran is saying; I’d like to present exhibit B...

Tim Dillon

Love me some Mehran. Another stellar appearance - as always
Apia and Archimedes_Screw like this.