Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you investing in cryptocurrency of any kind?
Yes 10 23.81%
No 32 76.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree37Likes

Old 01-08-2018, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2785: TRON

Jon Snow aka Kit Harington was removed from an NYC bar; Keith’s odd landlord behavior; a pizza delivery service that shovels your driveway; Keith and Chemda invest in cryptocurrency; Donald Trump’s latest tweets; Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond reviewed; pirated movies

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Scorpion like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

He was in character.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

My name is Cody Allen.
Cody is pronounced with a long o and a long e.
Allen is pronounced with a short a and a short e.
I'm in Austin Texas.
See you on the boat.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

I watched Banking on Bitcoin and then asked my super smart boyfriend to explain wtf bitcoin is and how is it money. He explained it all exactly the way a super smart math computer robot would and it all made perfect sense for exactly three minutes.

So of course I was like "great! where do I deposit my money?"

I then spent an entire afternoon just trying to buy $25 in Bitcoin. I had to download a program onto my computer called a Bitcoin Wallet, which I think is what you have that is the anonymous part. (Contrary to what I thought the whole point of Bitcoin was, it seems pretty hard to keep transactions actually anonymous, so how I would ever buy coke and hookers I don't know). The password to your wallet is called a seed, and it's like eleven words in a row that you aren't supposed to take a picture of or write down anywhere so good luck ever opening your Bitcoin Wallet again.

After the whole seed wallet thingy, I found a website that sells and buys Bitcoin and I had to open an account with them, wherein I had to input every personal detail and banking information like a PayPal account (super not anonymous). Once I was able to verify the mini deposits they made into my bank account, I was verified as could then buy Bitcoin. YEEEEEEEE!

I bought $25 worth. It was a huge pain in the ass just to buy it. That was about three months ago and lay I checked it was worth about $75. The day after I checked (a few weeks ago) it started on a downward trajectory. So maybe it's back to $25. Who knows. The point is this, I have no idea how it works or why it's money. The end.
Keith, The Girl, jcro21 and 5 others like this.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

Oh One more thing, if you buy big coin, don't transfer it to your wallet unless for some weird reason you absolutely have to. The buy/sell companies charge so much to rmnive bitcoin around that it's not worth it to move it. My daughter bought $100 BC and it cost $25 for her to move it into her wallet, after which we learned we didn't even have to do.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I'm on the market for a new pad, and these funky landlords are just weird & then some... The shit people get away with that is illegal/shady is BEYOND.

You shouldn't have been told after moving in that the utilities were split that way - is there nothing in the lease about the utilities? Who is responsible for what & how much should always be in the lease.

Also, I think you landlord has a funny business room in your place...

How many units are there in the building?

Finally - you shouldn't be sharing a mailbox with your landlord...
Scorpion likes this.

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

I own a rental house and use a 3rd party to manage it. Having been a renter myself I can't imagine doing anything like that. Holy shit. I'm not even sure the renters know my name.
Scorpion and Apia like this.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Keith, ask Michael to help you set this up.

Routers can have at least 2 (probably more) separate networks. This is usually so you can have a guest network for visitors; they can use the Internet through your router but they have no access to your main network that you probably have all of your devices connected to (computer, phone, TV, Xbox, etc.)

Name your main network "DefinitelyNotKeithMalley". Name your guest network "IHeartMyAwesomeLandlord".

Give your landlord the guest password. Now he connects to your network, but he doesn't know you've already disabled Internet access for that one network. If he's not paying attention, he'll think he's connected but you just have shitty Internet service.
memecherry and Scorpion like this.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Keith, ask Michael to help you set this up.

Routers can have at least 2 (probably more) separate networks. This is usually so you can have a guest network for visitors; they can use the Internet through your router but they have no access to your main network that you probably have all of your devices connected to (computer, phone, TV, Xbox, etc.)

Name your main network "DefinitelyNotKeithMalley". Name your guest network "IHeartMyAwesomeLandlord".

Give your landlord the guest password. Now he connects to your network, but he doesn't know you've already disabled Internet access for that one network. If he's not paying attention, he'll think he's connected but you just have shitty Internet service.
or just change your password
memecherry, astrokahn and Mermaid like this.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Okay, but my suggestion was trying to avoid the inevitable awkward encounter where the landlord says, "Hey, I can't connect anymore. Did you change the password? What's the new one?"
The Girl and Scorpion like this.