Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you investing in cryptocurrency of any kind?
Yes 10 23.81%
No 32 76.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree37Likes

Old 01-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Okay, but my suggestion was trying to avoid the inevitable awkward encounter where the landlord says, "Hey, I can't connect anymore. Did you change the password? What's the new one?"

Change your password. Say you didn’t. Even I’m ok with lying here. Fuck this guy. He’s being a weirdo and Keith lives in his building. That’s a terrible position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Unplug your router whenever you leave home, changing your password is just going to force this conversation over and over. This way, you can play dumb and he'll get frustrated and find something else.

Or I guess he'll just use his key and come in and plug it in and drink some milk from the container.
memecherry likes this.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Guys, I took out a loan out on my house, borrowed money from friends and went all in on Tron, WDWDN???
Old 01-16-2018, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Now you just lean back, baby.
The Girl and memecherry like this.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

HODL

Fuck me, I just wrote a long post and got logged out.

Anyway, I wanted to say I decided to invest my tax return in December and I started to do a little learning. Cryptocurrency came up, but I didn’t take it very seriously. It seemed to me like a shittier form of cash that I can’t use anywhere, and I didn’t think it was easy to convert to USD. But, somehow I became more and more intrigued and now I’m a little obsessed with it. At the most idealistic level the technology behind crypto, blockchain, promises to wrench control of finance back from the government and corrupt banks and put it into the hands of the people. I’m not a libertarian, so that’s not what intrigues me about it 100%. What does appeal is the way blockchain has the potential to hold large financial systems and corporations accountable, and hopefully prevent us from being fucked by the banks like we were in the bailouts. Someone described it as rather than occupy Wallstreet, make Wallstreet irrelevant. I like that.

I’m just beginning to learn about this. I’m enjoying the book Blockchain Revolution, and the concepts are kind of blowing my mind. 🤑

Anyways I got a little money and threw it into Tron so I could go on this journey with you. And it’s a great way to learn, just to put a little stake in it. I’m excited to see what happens! Some people got into Bitcoin at $.03 and it got as high as just below $20K a coin recently. So fuck it, why not?
Keith likes this.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Hit the back button and what you typed will reappear, copy it, log back in, paste it.
Keith likes this.