Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Can Dustin Marshall of Feral Audio change?
Yes 15 41.67%
No 21 58.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree52Likes

Old 01-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Russell Simmons has more rape allegations. But first, what’s his medical history? I would hate to flip the script and become the bad guy.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

A brand new fresh follow up to the Dan Harmon thing I posted about eariler:

https://twitter.com/meganganz/status/951373399929978881

From Megan Ganz, the woman who outed Harmon as a harrasser:

"Please listen to it. It’s only seven minutes long, but it is a masterclass in How to Apologize. He’s not rationalizing or justifying or making excuses. He doesn’t just vaguely acknowledge some general wrongdoing in the past. He gives a full account."

At the very least this is something on which Keith "Professor of Apologies" Malley's opinion would be valuable.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

As I mentioned, health history not is not an excuse. Bad behaviour is bad behaviour
Old 01-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Then I’m going to forgive his personality disorder. Everybody wins with me.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

And I'll get a retard to help me with my math homework, just smarten up. And expect the trans person to put on a dress get over it, it's all good,
Old 01-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I feel like I'm going fucking crazy. I saw Ladybird earlier in the week (compromised to hang out with friends who wanted to see it, cuz I sure didn't want to.) I didn't hate it as I thought I would because it wasn't as gaudy as the lifetime movie it was advertised as. It's more an ABC, Wednesday 10pm drama. Pretty plain, not risky. But definitely not "GOOD."

How the fuck is everyone in this country losing their shit to this movie and call me by your name? I've never seen such average fucking movies be so worshiped. Or at least I never pait attention because I didn't bother to see the other ones.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

(3 Billboards totally deserves all this praise tho)
astrokahn likes this.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven in T.O. View Post
And I'll get a retard to help me with my math homework, just smarten up. And expect the trans person to put on a dress get over it, it's all good,
Oh boy. Anyway, I’m guessing your analogy says we shouldn’t expect Dustin to just not do his bad behavior, as if that were so simple?

Then how can you be against his actions?
Old 01-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

Personality disorders are heavily, heavily stigmatized. Those who have them suffer a lot, and often in silence because of the misconceptions and prejudices against personality disorders. i get wanting to defend people with it. Chemda said some stuff that wasn't correct (sex addict), but overall there was nothing really damaging said.

They made fun of his statement, they made fun of his behavoir. They weren't saying, "of course he is doing this, because people with BPD are awful and ruin lives. Everyone with BPD is horrible and we shouldn't associate with them."

Chemda actually believes he can change, and one of the biguest and most damaging myths about BPD is that there is no hope for treatment. So overall KatG did better than almost anybody else talking about BPD.

Also, random plug, but Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is an amazing show and the main character was recently diagnosed in the show with BPD. It's a perfect mix of laughing at the crazy behavoirs BPD can cause, and real serious conversations about mental illness and how it hurts those suffering and those who love them.
You still won't walk away with a good understanding of BPD, but it's a fun show that handles the topic well for entertainment media.
Keith, memecherry, Lanfear and 1 others like this.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Shanateemanatee you are far more articulate than I, expressing what I wished to express. That there is a difference between a character flaw (choice) versus illness (corrupted or compromised facility to make choice) that presents itself as character flaw.