Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you currently involved in a lawsuit?
Yes 0 0%
No 46 100.00%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree44Likes

Old 01-22-2018, 04:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

This episode made me miss drunkeness. That was a fun time. I mean, the during. After is balls.
jcro21 and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

When Chemda was talking about how children should be checked on... obviously yes there should be a way to check on kids' welfare...

But there are people who work in positions of power in the government who don't think gay people should be allowed to love and care for kids, people who think that vegans shouldn't be allowed to "force" their (healthy) eating habits on their kids, people who think that not being religious is detrimental, people who probably would take your kids away for 22 pitamins a day etc etc.

What I'm getting at is if there were people who came around "checking on kids" there would have to be other people who created the checklists for those people to check off and other people who create the laws and consequences for parents not abiding. And right now Trump is at the top of that shit pole. I wonder if there will ever be a way to institute a system that isn't inherently biased towards the agendas of the powers that be. It would have to be more of a list of what isn't visible in the house. (Heroine, rapees, out of reach pies, etc.)

Dealing with the state in terms of being a parent, you quickly realize that it's a whole lotta dum dums out there and god forbid they had the legal right to come into my house and look around on a regular basis. Maybe we could start with free physical and mental health checkups and if those are missed then they can send someone out to your house.

Also, I homeschooled my daughter for about 8 months when she was in 5th grade. Nobody ever called, checked, asked, or even looked at my house. It was easier than applying for a business license. That was pretty surprising. Maybe the stakes should be higher for homeschools bc kids are legally required to go to school so the state would have a bit more entry there. That was California btw.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Trust me I'm in full agreement with you on that, that movie was hot.
Just picking what battles I wanna fight on here
oh, goodness, i was just bloviating into the air not specifically in your direction. sorry.
Lanfear likes this.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Is Asterios what happens when Libby isn't booking the show anymore?
Bucho, Scorpion and Furious Stylz like this.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
which i disagree with SO MUCH as a somewhat childlike woman. being into me isn't a crime or reason for suspicion. infantalizing Maggie Gyllenhaal's character made my hackles go up. being awkward, spending time in a place to get well, or self harming doesn't negate agency, consent, or legality.
thank you. i missed an episode and listened to the one with jessie jowelles on the way to my therapy. glad i did it on the way to therapy. cuz wow, that cut me to the quick.

as a (reformed) cutter, a masochist, someone whose been hospitalized for self harm, a sometimes lil, a receptionist(ie secretary), and in general someone who has worked almost exclusively in the service industry, when i saw the secretary at like 20 or 21 i related to maggies charactor so hard. every shitty food service or retail job i've had an abusive boss and abusive customers. if i could get a spanking instead of verbal abuse i'd take it. I guess Chemda has some points. I'm thruroughly fucked up. like i don't want to be alive. like i know for some reason i don't know why, i'm unable to find anyone who really loves me or can handle me, or cares about me enough to put up with me. i don't know why all of my relationships fail and why men keep hurting me and i keep hurting myself. so maybe i don't know maybe she has a point.

but i KNOW my life is not a fairy tale.

No prince is coming. no one is coming. so the idea of having someone come into my life and say i ll decide for you. if you want punished thats what you'll get, if thats what you'll need. and tho it was clumsy, when he lays her down in the garden and makes love to her that seemed to me a visual metaphor for nurturing, of eschewing the schackles of conformist domesticity and saying we are not only animals but more, and i will nurture you and you will nurture me, with our own brand of love. it meant something to me.

but then again, i don't want to be alive. and i'm proud of my shit in a bag.

fuck i let a guy fuck me in the ass on our first date and he doesn't even rememebr me. so maybe keith is right, maybe i'm boring.

i don't know. whatever. i still love you keith and chemda. sorry if i over shared.

and sparrow, gee whiz. i'm so jealous of you having a unicorn! also...what a lucky unicorn!

*****please don't hate me guys i love you******
Keith, Bucho, jcro21 and 4 others like this.

on tumors/cancer: "God's got jokes."-Keith

Last edited by snowflake; 01-22-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

besides being adorable, her body is somehow magically ergonomic and cradles my neck perfectly in any position. i wake up feeling great.
snowflake likes this.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

No one saw that haircut and got suspicious!?
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
*****please don't hate me guys i love you******
I'm sorry you're in pain. I love you too.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
I'm sorry you're in pain. I love you too.
******HUGS****** LOVE YOU TOO! And thank you! And hope to see you all this weekend!
Keith, Bucho, flerchin and 1 others like this.