Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Like the OkCupid woman, would you have thought Keith was rude?
Yes 51 80.95%
No 12 19.05%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree158Likes

Old 01-23-2018, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2795: Playful AF

with Ophira Eisenberg and Hennessy – Rosie the Riveter died; Keith vs. OkCupid; model sues New York for placing her in HIV+ ad; Bill Cosby’s latest PR moves; Natasha Leggero’s James Toback story; Michael Douglas accused of masturbating at co-worker; Oscar nominees

Guests:
Hennessy

Ophira Eisenberg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Scorpion like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

I love you Hennessy but you are wrong here.

I don’t think the woman on the billboard should now have to be a champion against social stigma for HIV because a company decided to use her stock photo.
Yes social stigmas need to be fought against but this isn’t a fight she decided to take up arms for. It’s not fair for her to be expected to fight it.

The populous are morons. People see something and assume it’s not an actor or that person representative of the demographic they are portraying in some way.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Bear and i met on OKCupid. i don't tell people that because it's not our most romantic story. i was in the middle of a puppet gig and he offered me studio space in his house on our first…well, it wasn't so much a date as i went over to grab some D, but in any event i moved in a week after we met and never left. it worked out, but it sounds ingoddamnsane.

also, back while i was doing cam shows, one of my busy work tasks was to create fake profiles on these kinds of dating sites and scam for customers. soooooo, watch out for that, Keith.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 2 others like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I guess I’ll catch on when they ask for my credit card.

Unless they need it cause they got stuck at customs, in which case it’d be inhuman not to help out.
Bucho, Scorpion, Sparrow and 2 others like this.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

we just had a little talk about that experience. he judged my music taste right away. hard. he says, "[she] liked Jack White and thought, i can work with that." #love
Bucho likes this.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

where do i post Hennessy for katguh 2018 for his Bill Cosby impression?
Old 01-24-2018, 03:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

OK Cupid-

Keith you didn't follow your own golden rule about not trying to joke around with strangers because 99% of the time they don't get it. Apparently even with established banter.

The reason this woman and everyone in the room with you when you read the messages aloud were like "OH WTF MAN" was because you accidentally did the one behavior that epitomizes shit men and especially online. It's called The Niceguy. Which is not actually nice. We all know it was intended different than it was received. Now ya know.

You gotta send Henny all your messages for approval from now on, Thats the new law.
Bucho, Scorpion and Newsy like this.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda proves she is the queen of false equivalencies, bringing up Doritos multiple times in a conversation about HIV.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Chemda proves she is the queen of false equivalencies, bringing up Doritos multiple times in a conversation about HIV.

The comparison was made to remind people that commercials/ads are where people lie to you sometimes. She might not like Doritos but will promote it. It was not my entire point.

I think this can affect her career in the way that goes against the contract that she signed so she’s in the right to complain.

What I don’t agree with is that she should be stigmatized. But I know she will be. And she doesn’t have to be an advocate for aids if she doesn’t want to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2018, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Still, a fairly odd comparison to make: pitching Doritos or Pepsi vs. being a face of HIV. People are aware that advertising is advertising and there is an inherent amount of bullshit in it; there's no need to remind people of that.

Put in simpler terms, this:

is worlds away from this:

snowflake and Shanateemanatee like this.